1) Panasonic Plasma (GT50) for Zone 1
2) 2nd TV for Zone 2 (model TBD)
3) Denon 3313 A/V Receiver (to control audio to all Zones and video to Zone 1 and Zone 2)
4) Pansonic BDT-220 Blu-Ray Player
5) Apple TV
6) Cable Box
7) 5.1 speakers in Zone 1
8) 2 speakers in Zone 2
9) 2 speakers in Zone 3
10) 2 speakers in Zone 4 (will play same source as Zone 3 but hopefully I can control volume for Zone 3 and Zone 4 independently…more on this below)
I plan on connecting everything as follows:
1) Receiver “HDMI Out 1” to Main TV “HDM In” (this will be the TV in Zone 1)
2) Receiver “HDMI Out 2” to Porch TV “HDMI In” (this will be the TV in Zone 2)
3) All sources (blu-ray, Apply TV, cable box) will be connected to receiver via HDMI
4) Zone 1 will only be set-up for 5.1 audio
5) Zone 2 will used the extra “assignable” speaker outputs to power 2 speakers
6) Zone 3 and Zone 4 will be powered by an external amp via “pre-out” for Zone 3 on the receiver
My questions are as follows:
1) I understand that the “HDMI Out 2” on Zone 2 will transmit audio through the Porch TV. However, since I plan on utilizing the extra “assignable” speaker outputs to Zone 2, will the sources selected for Zone 2 output to those external speakers as well? If so, will all the sources connected via HDMI output to the Zone 2 speakers as well or is it for only the sources built-in to the receiver (Airplay, tuner, internet radio, etc)?
2) Am I correct in thinking that I will need an external amp to power audio for the 3rd zone? If so, can I purchase an amp that will power 4 speakers (to include a 4th Zone)? And if that’s possible, am I correct in thinking volume controllers will allow me to have Zone 3 and Zone 4 at different volumes (I understand it would be the same source)?
3) If I wanted to “watch” cable (only video) on Zone 1, but at the same time listen to the radio, or songs via Airplay in the same zone, is that possible with the setup described above? Also, is the same possible on Zone 2?
4) Will I need an universal remote such as the Logitech 900 or will I be able to control everything via the Denon app on my iPhone?
5) Any recommentdation where to buy a 3313?
Thanks for any insight you can provide…it is highly appreciated?
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.
|Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt220|
- Denon DBT-3313UDCI Universal AudioThe DBT-3313UDCI universal disc player plays a wide variety of disc media such as 3D Blu-ray, DVD,...
1 ReviewMore on Denon DBT-3313UDCI Universal AudioPrice:
$1,099.99$999.00Denon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel 4KThe AVR-X4000 A/V receiver is packed with Denon technologies that deliver superior sound and...
1 ReviewMore on Denon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel 4KPrice:
$1,299.00$799.00Denon AVR-X4000CI 7.2 ChannelThis Denon home theater bundle includes: AVR-X4000CI 7.2 Channel Integrated Network...
No ReviewsMore on Denon AVR-X4000CI 7.2 ChannelPrice: