Best way to connect the 105 to my av?? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and just ordered my bdp105 to replace my old 83 model. I have an Onkyo tx-nr809 av receiver that I will be connecting the unit to. I have a 7.1 theater set up with axiom speakers and 3 year old samsung 51inch plasma tv. I also just ordered a set of 7.1 analog sacd rca cables from ram electronics for 120 bucks (probably didnt need such good cables) to connect to the analog inputs since my onkyo doesnt have xlr input. My question is what is the best way to connect my oppo unit ? As of right now I figure to use the rca analogs to my av and an hdmi to my av as well. Do I use hdmi 1 or 2 my onkyo has almost everything oppo has except the good dacs and xlr inputs. So Im guessing use hdmi 2 for dsd or should I use 1 because im also using 7.1 analog output??? since av has the marvell Qdeo chip I dont need the oppos is this correct should I use hdmi output 2 on oppo for dsd or should I use hdmi 1?? And if I am correct in my assumption that I connect rca 7.1 analog cables from oppo to av and hdmi to output2 on oppo to my av what are the best settings in the oppo menu for this type of setup?? I will be listening to sacds ,cds , bluerays, and using a ipod as well. If I just hook it up via hdmi it will not use the dacs of the oppo according to oppo and thats how i had the old 83 hooked up so i want to make sure I utilize them. Thanks in advance for everyones help im in a wheelchair and setting this up isnt as easy as it use to be for me so I want to get it all worked out before it arrives in a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Welcome to AVSForum.

The moderators ask that you post this sort of question in the BDP-105 owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread

You might scan the last few pages, read the FAQ and the online manual, and then ask one question at a time.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #3 of 3 Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
sorry, I did read the manual ...first thing I did. And I also read alot of the 105 posts on this forum as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page