Pansonic DMP BD35 should I upgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I currently am using a Panasonic DMP-BD35 dvd player in my home theater. It has been some years now and I was wondering if I should be looking at upgrading to a new model? If so what advantages will the new players have over what I have now. I am not interested in a 3d player.

Thanks Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick12667 View Post

Hello,

I currently am using a Panasonic DMP-BD35 dvd player in my home theater. It has been some years now and I was wondering if I should be looking at upgrading to a new model? If so what advantages will the new players have over what I have now. I am not interested in a 3d player.

Thanks Rick

Faster loading and more connectivity on the internet. I didn't want 3D either but most players have it as a feature. I joined the Oppo bandwagon haven't looked back!
post #3 of 6 Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

So why did you joined the Oppo bandwagon? What model?

Thanks Rick
post #4 of 6 Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Rick, the Oppo's are very popular here. They offer excellent build quality, excellent customer service, and excellent DVD upconversion. Also excellent analog audio, if you use analog audio. I have the Panasonic 110, and am considering the Oppo 105 for its high-quality audio DACs (for CDs and SACDs). But if all you want the player for is watching BluRay discs and Netflix streaming, using digital audio out (HDMI), you will get similar BluRay PQ and AQ with less expensive models such as the Panny 220, Sony 390, and Sony 590. As already stated, upgrading to a newer model gets you faster loading times and more streaming choices including 1080p Netflix streaming.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick12667 View Post

Hello,

Thanks Rick

I replaced the BD35 with a Panny BD-220 over the holiday. Love the netflix streaming as it sends movies in DD+ which my first generation Roku doesn't do.

Plus it has a much faster loading time than the BD-35. Got one for my father too. $79 at Fry's. Not using the 3D feature at all.

Afro GT
post #6 of 6 Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 PM

I have a BD35 and it no longer plays blu rays. At one point it would play half of a movie (right when it was getting good) then quit, now it won't even do that. I bought it right when it came out so I guess I got my moneys worth but still feel like it should be working. I really have no choice in the matter as I need to get another one (or two).

I am looking at the Panny 220 because of the reviews and the price which I could get a couple of them. I am concerned as I do not feel that I got a long life out of my BD35 and don't want the same from the 220.

Of course, I would love to have an Oppo, but ...

Wesley Forbes
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd35k 1080p Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page