Oppo 105 with Onkyo 5009 : Best way to connect - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2013, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please guide me on the best way to hook up the Oppo BDP 105 with an Onkyo TX NR 5009 amplifier : to be able to make use of the Oppo's DAC to improve sound quality.

My config is Sonos ZP 90 connected through Optical Cable to Oppo 105. Oppo connected through the Multichannel analog outputs to the Onkyo. Onkyo is connected to Klipsch reference speakers through Banana Plugs and Diamond OFC. I only have FL, FR, C and SW hooked up at this stage.

With this configuration, I do not get any audio output on the C and SW although the FL and FR are working fine. This is happening with 5.1 DTS / SACD discs played directly on the Oppo and also with music streamed from the Sonos through the Oppo to the Onkyo.

When I take the Oppo out of the equation and stream the Sonos directly to the Onkyo through the Optical connection, all speakers work fine. With this setup, the sound quality appears clearer - but then this could be because of ALL speakers contributing. Or could it be because the Onkyo's DAC is superior to the Oppo's ? I certainly hope not, otherwise I would have blown $ 1200 on the Oppo (I plan to use the Oppo for Audio only at this stage, not for video).

Appreciate any help here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Welcome to AVSForum.

The Moderators ask that you ask player-specific questions in the owners thread for that model, in this case for the BDP-105: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread

-Bill

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr5009 , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player