Simple Girl + Panasonic Viera + Cable Box + PS3 = Simple Girl who can only listen to her PS3 games - AVS Forum
Blu-ray Players > Simple Girl + Panasonic Viera + Cable Box + PS3 = Simple Girl who can only listen to her PS3 games
tinydancer3's Avatar tinydancer3 06:58 PM 01-30-2013
So, bought a new tv (Panasonic Plasma HDTV TC-P55VT50) and trying to set-up the PS3 after a hiatus from playing. I have tried troubleshooting this and reading many a troubleshoots without success. I'm hoping someone can give this girl her PS3 back...

I basically can get everything up except there's no picture and only sound when I put a game into PS3. Before pushing the PS3 button to turn on, a screen pops up saying it detects HDMI and do I want to use it for my video and audio. Unfortunately, no remote is working to select or move that option to yes. If I his the PS3 button to turn on controller access, it automatically goes to a black screen with only PS3 sound. I have several HDMI connections on my tv including HDMI ARC. I am honestly not sure what cords should be in the cable box, tv, etc.

Current set-up:
* My cable box has six Component cords plugged in (red, blue, green, etc) the cable cord, power cord and HDMI cord
* 6 plugs (red, blue, green, etc) then plug into the Component/Video In hole in the TV
* HDMI cord from cable box plugs into HDMI 2 (ARC) into TV
* My playstation currently has 2 cords plugged into it - power and HDMI cord
* HDMI cord from PS3 plugs into HDMI 1 TV

I wasn't sure either if the Component cords (red blue green, etc) should be connected into the PS3 or directly into the TV (as is currently). I don't have a stereo system or anything like that.

Any help anyone can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jacob305's Avatar Jacob305 07:24 PM 01-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer3 View Post

So, bought a new tv (Panasonic Plasma HDTV TC-P55VT50) and trying to set-up the PS3 after a hiatus from playing. I have tried troubleshooting this and reading many a troubleshoots without success. I'm hoping someone can give this girl her PS3 back...

I basically can get everything up except there's no picture and only sound when I put a game into PS3. Before pushing the PS3 button to turn on, a screen pops up saying it detects HDMI and do I want to use it for my video and audio. Unfortunately, no remote is working to select or move that option to yes. If I his the PS3 button to turn on controller access, it automatically goes to a black screen with only PS3 sound. I have several HDMI connections on my tv including HDMI ARC. I am honestly not sure what cords should be in the cable box, tv, etc.

Current set-up:
* My cable box has six Component cords plugged in (red, blue, green, etc) the cable cord, power cord and HDMI cord
* 6 plugs (red, blue, green, etc) then plug into the Component/Video In hole in the TV
* HDMI cord from cable box plugs into HDMI 2 (ARC) into TV
* My playstation currently has 2 cords plugged into it - power and HDMI cord
* HDMI cord from PS3 plugs into HDMI 1 TV

I wasn't sure either if the Component cords (red blue green, etc) should be connected into the PS3 or directly into the TV (as is currently). I don't have a stereo system or anything like that.

Any help anyone can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated.

I would turn off the arc for now. the HCPT turn that off as well. I would use the HDMI to the tv from the ps3. you want to say yes when it ask about the HDMI question. I would use HDMI for everything if you can.

Jacob

Jacob
tinydancer3's Avatar tinydancer3 11:17 PM 01-30-2013
Thanks for your response Jacob.

I currently have an hdmi to the tv from ps3. In regards to the hdmi yes or no prompt I receive when I turn on the ps3 and get the message, the remote isn't 'talking' with the system at this point and I can't select 'yes' to the hdmi functions... Any idea what might be missing here?

I can not use the hdmi arc spot in the tv, but I'm not getting any further so far by switching it
tinydancer3's Avatar tinydancer3 11:27 PM 01-30-2013
Oh, almost forgot what is the hcpt?
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 07:53 AM 01-31-2013
Mods ask that all questions go in the PS3 thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/650544/one-and-only-ps3-as-blu-ray-player-thread

S~
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Up
Mobile  Desktop