So, bought a new tv (Panasonic Plasma HDTV TC-P55VT50) and trying to set-up the PS3 after a hiatus from playing. I have tried troubleshooting this and reading many a troubleshoots without success. I'm hoping someone can give this girl her PS3 back...
I basically can get everything up except there's no picture and only sound when I put a game into PS3. Before pushing the PS3 button to turn on, a screen pops up saying it detects HDMI and do I want to use it for my video and audio. Unfortunately, no remote is working to select or move that option to yes. If I his the PS3 button to turn on controller access, it automatically goes to a black screen with only PS3 sound. I have several HDMI connections on my tv including HDMI ARC. I am honestly not sure what cords should be in the cable box, tv, etc.
* My cable box has six Component cords plugged in (red, blue, green, etc) the cable cord, power cord and HDMI cord
* 6 plugs (red, blue, green, etc) then plug into the Component/Video In hole in the TV
* HDMI cord from cable box plugs into HDMI 2 (ARC) into TV
* My playstation currently has 2 cords plugged into it - power and HDMI cord
* HDMI cord from PS3 plugs into HDMI 1 TV
I wasn't sure either if the Component cords (red blue green, etc) should be connected into the PS3 or directly into the TV (as is currently). I don't have a stereo system or anything like that.
Any help anyone can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated.