Simple Girl + Panasonic Viera + Cable Box + PS3 = Simple Girl who can only listen to her PS3 games - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, bought a new tv (Panasonic Plasma HDTV TC-P55VT50) and trying to set-up the PS3 after a hiatus from playing. I have tried troubleshooting this and reading many a troubleshoots without success. I'm hoping someone can give this girl her PS3 back...

I basically can get everything up except there's no picture and only sound when I put a game into PS3. Before pushing the PS3 button to turn on, a screen pops up saying it detects HDMI and do I want to use it for my video and audio. Unfortunately, no remote is working to select or move that option to yes. If I his the PS3 button to turn on controller access, it automatically goes to a black screen with only PS3 sound. I have several HDMI connections on my tv including HDMI ARC. I am honestly not sure what cords should be in the cable box, tv, etc.

Current set-up:
* My cable box has six Component cords plugged in (red, blue, green, etc) the cable cord, power cord and HDMI cord
* 6 plugs (red, blue, green, etc) then plug into the Component/Video In hole in the TV
* HDMI cord from cable box plugs into HDMI 2 (ARC) into TV
* My playstation currently has 2 cords plugged into it - power and HDMI cord
* HDMI cord from PS3 plugs into HDMI 1 TV

I wasn't sure either if the Component cords (red blue green, etc) should be connected into the PS3 or directly into the TV (as is currently). I don't have a stereo system or anything like that.

Any help anyone can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancer3 View Post

So, bought a new tv (Panasonic Plasma HDTV TC-P55VT50) and trying to set-up the PS3 after a hiatus from playing. I have tried troubleshooting this and reading many a troubleshoots without success. I'm hoping someone can give this girl her PS3 back...

I basically can get everything up except there's no picture and only sound when I put a game into PS3. Before pushing the PS3 button to turn on, a screen pops up saying it detects HDMI and do I want to use it for my video and audio. Unfortunately, no remote is working to select or move that option to yes. If I his the PS3 button to turn on controller access, it automatically goes to a black screen with only PS3 sound. I have several HDMI connections on my tv including HDMI ARC. I am honestly not sure what cords should be in the cable box, tv, etc.

Current set-up:
* My cable box has six Component cords plugged in (red, blue, green, etc) the cable cord, power cord and HDMI cord
* 6 plugs (red, blue, green, etc) then plug into the Component/Video In hole in the TV
* HDMI cord from cable box plugs into HDMI 2 (ARC) into TV
* My playstation currently has 2 cords plugged into it - power and HDMI cord
* HDMI cord from PS3 plugs into HDMI 1 TV

I wasn't sure either if the Component cords (red blue green, etc) should be connected into the PS3 or directly into the TV (as is currently). I don't have a stereo system or anything like that.

Any help anyone can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated.

I would turn off the arc for now. the HCPT turn that off as well. I would use the HDMI to the tv from the ps3. you want to say yes when it ask about the HDMI question. I would use HDMI for everything if you can.

Jacob

Jacob
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response Jacob.

I currently have an hdmi to the tv from ps3. In regards to the hdmi yes or no prompt I receive when I turn on the ps3 and get the message, the remote isn't 'talking' with the system at this point and I can't select 'yes' to the hdmi functions... Any idea what might be missing here?

I can not use the hdmi arc spot in the tv, but I'm not getting any further so far by switching it
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, almost forgot what is the hcpt?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Mods ask that all questions go in the PS3 thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/650544/one-and-only-ps3-as-blu-ray-player-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread