Samsung BD-E6100 3D MKV Question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one.

I recently bought the E6100 3D BD Player by Samsung, and well I absolutely love the thing.

Today I bought myself a 3D TV to go with it, and tried to watch a 3D MKV file through the player, but all I get is a 'This format is not currently supported' message.

I thought it may be something along the lines of the Over/Under or Side/Side nature of the file, so I tried another with the other 3D format, so I've now tried both Over/Under and Side/Side but both pop up the same message.

The only other thing I can think of (unless I'm missing something completely) is that the MKV wrapper is in a format that the Samsung player doesn't cope with.

So my question is, has anyone else had the same issue (possibly with a different player, as I assume similar models are capable of playing the same things, at least for the most part) and if they have any idea on how to resolve the issue, or even if the player is incapable of playing 3D MKV's

Thanks in advance.
TheMightySpud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
Ive had a similar problem and I find that 99% files (720/1080 mkv / 3d) will play from a usb drive plugged direct into player, but the SAME files will not play over the network and i get the same message as you, dont lnow why, hope this helps. harfy
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd D6100 3d Smart Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - D6100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page