Region code bluray problem... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered a bluray from England (MotoGP 2012 Review) and it says on the back of the bluray box: "Region Code - 0 All Regions." But when I put the disc in my Pioneer Elite bdp-23FD player it says it's a "B Region" disc on the tv screen and it won't play.

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd1776/MotoGP-2012-Review-Blu-ray

Is there anything I can do to watch the disc on my bd player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM

That is a really bad miss-print the Region Codes for Blu-ray are A, B, C. You are trying to play a Region B Blu-ray in a Region A player causing a miss-match resulting in a player failure. The only way to play a Region B Blu-ray is you will need to purchase a Region-Free player. I own a Toshiba BDX 1250 Region-Free Blu-ray player I purchased from 220 Electronics. Allows me to play any Region Blu-ray. I purchase many titles from Amazon.uk some are Region-Free most are Region locked. The Region-Free Blu-ray gives you access to many excellent titles not available in Region A. An added bonus is many titles are reasonably priced even with shipping well under $20.00. The best savings is to buy 2 or more shipping does not increase very much lowering your cost per title.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie6 View Post

That is a really bad miss-print the Region Codes for Blu-ray are A, B, C. You are trying to play a Region B Blu-ray in a Region A player causing a miss-match resulting in a player failure. The only way to play a Region B Blu-ray is you will need to purchase a Region-Free player. I own a Toshiba BDX 1250 Region-Free Blu-ray player I purchased from 220 Electronics. Allows me to play any Region Blu-ray. I purchase many titles from Amazon.uk some are Region-Free most are Region locked. The Region-Free Blu-ray gives you access to many excellent titles not available in Region A. An added bonus is many titles are reasonably priced even with shipping well under $20.00. The best savings is to buy 2 or more shipping does not increase very much lowering your cost per title.

Thanks for the info.

Tags
Pioneer Elite Bdp 23fd Blu Ray Disc Player Upscaling