kellybob's Avatar kellybob 06:36 PM 07-23-2014
^ Set Cache Media Info to OFF

phoenix161081 01:57 AM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybob View Post
^ Set Cache Media Info to OFF
I don't see this option
kellybob's Avatar kellybob 12:09 PM 07-24-2014
I am assuming this player is based on the Oppo BDP-103. For the 103, this item is in Device Setup. Scroll down to see it.
phoenix161081 03:12 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybob View Post
I am assuming this player is based on the Oppo BDP-103. For the 103, this item is in Device Setup. Scroll down to see it.
Sorry, there isn't
kellybob's Avatar kellybob 07:53 PM 07-24-2014
Do you have the latest firmware? I am not sure if this was always there for the 103 or not.

I did check the the 752 manual and this is not in there, auto power off is there instead. Sorry for misleading you. You could contact Cambridge Audio and ask them to add this since the Oppo it is based on has it.
lnarbi's Avatar lnarbi 11:20 PM 07-24-2014
It is mediatek based not Oppo based
But it could definitely be asked, I'd like the downmix stereo/FL-FR option Oppo has for the dedicated stereo out too.
phoenix161081 11:42 AM 07-28-2014
Hi guys, I've updated the player with the latest firmware which should support gapless playback, but my CDs ripped in flac jumps from one track to another.
How is it possible? Something wrong?
lnarbi's Avatar lnarbi 11:59 AM 07-28-2014
If you're playing across the network there's nothing wrong, gapless won't work with network access. On an USB drive it should work.
phoenix161081 12:01 PM 07-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnarbi View Post
If you're playing across the network there's nothing wrong, gapless won't work with network access. On an USB drive it should work.

The problem also occurs with USB drives and also with mp3..
hotjt133's Avatar hotjt133 09:49 PM 07-28-2014
So I was shot off by Oppo US, I may have an interest in this Cambridge model. I understand it is based on 103 without the D. How much video quality difference would you think between the 2? And when it comes to SD contents like DVD or even lower, will this Cambridge player produce better images than other blu ray players?

There should be no question of the audio improvement, and Cambridge AU price is more "reasonable" and "fair" than Oppo AU - actually it is cheaper than 105. (so this also ruled out 105D which is a $1600 steal!)

The other question I have is how much heat does it produce? The Cambridge is 0.5cm higher than 103 so it is more close to the top of the cabinet (already quite close, as I try to use a cabinet as low as possible, for the projection). Heat dissipation will be more of a problem.
lnarbi's Avatar lnarbi 11:25 PM 07-28-2014
Cambridge and Oppo are mediatek based, none of them is based on the other one, they share the same mainboard and firmware software.
Image quality will be exactly the same.
Mine remains cold, no matter what.
Alexdad54's Avatar Alexdad54 08:42 AM 07-29-2014
Just an update, I changed my network connection from wireless to Ethernet and while it streams flawlessly now, the 752 can't see a number of folders/files in the main folder on my laptop.
Previously it could see and play all the types of files in there (H264, mkv, mp4, etc.) but now it doesn't even see half of them.
Is there a setting on either my laptop or the 752 that can correct this?
halcs's Avatar halcs 04:34 PM 07-31-2014
Hi I just purchased one of these and so far it's great but how do I playback music from my 1tb hard drive using my android phone is there a app I can use? I had an oppo bdp 95 and it obviously had the oppo app but is there a work around for the bd752 I have tried the free version of bubble unup but can only send media from my phone and not view the hard drive etc?
lnarbi's Avatar lnarbi 11:26 PM 07-31-2014
Nope, nothing you can do
UPNP software for media streaming, but no app to play from USB.
guzz46's Avatar guzz46 11:39 PM 08-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix161081 View Post
Hi guys, I've updated the player with the latest firmware which should support gapless playback, but my CDs ripped in flac jumps from one track to another.
How is it possible? Something wrong?
You're not alone, I have all my music ripped to WAV on an external HDD, and gapless playback doesn't work for me either.
phoenix161081 05:33 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
You're not alone, I have all my music ripped to WAV on an external HDD, and gapless playback doesn't work for me either.
So how do we solve the problem?
guzz46's Avatar guzz46 09:20 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix161081 View Post
So how do we solve the problem?
We don't, I e-mailed Cambridge and got this response

"Dear Sir, sorry to hear this.
Can you confirm if streaming the files over network (something like Twonky would allow your computer to act as a server) has better gapless operation or the same? Can you also confirm you are running the latest firmware?"

I replied that I was running the latest firmware, and that network streaming wasn't really an option for me as just switching between songs takes a few seconds or more, I haven't received a response yet.
phoenix161081 09:05 AM 08-04-2014
Quote:
We don't, I e-mailed Cambridge and got this response

"Dear Sir, sorry to hear this.
Can you confirm if streaming the files over network (something like Twonky would allow your computer to act as a server) has better gapless operation or the same? Can you also confirm you are running the latest firmware?"

I replied that I was running the latest firmware, and that network streaming wasn't really an option for me as just switching between songs takes a few seconds or more, I haven't received a response yet.
Ok thanks, keep us updated if there are any developments.
This thing has me very disappointed
Alexdad54's Avatar Alexdad54 11:32 AM 08-04-2014
I can't see how hard this can be to upgrade the software to include gapless playback from an attached HDD.
If they did manage this then I could unload my pc/DAC combination (especially given that my CAPS V3 pc just had a W8 fail!) and play both audio and video via 2 attached HDD's to the 752....fingers crossed....
halcs's Avatar halcs 10:35 AM 08-05-2014
Is anyone tried there contrast enhancement since the last upgrade?If I adjust mine and go out of the setting and if I go back on it always resorts back to 0?
RalphoR's Avatar RalphoR 02:40 PM 08-11-2014
Can this player be modified for region free capabilities? If so does anyone know how this is done? I'm a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks.
artur9's Avatar artur9 10:45 AM 08-29-2014
My prepro doesn't do HDMI so I'm looking to get excellent playback of movies, music (including DSD) through the 752BD.

I am currently using my current blu ray player as a DMR (digital media renderer) with bubble upnp. Works awesome but I'm feeling the itch for a player that can do DSD files and/or can eliminate my video streamer

• Can the 752BD play DSD files over DLNA or SMB?
  • Can the 752BD play video mkv over DLNA? I use XBMC on my server to feed my current streamer.
  • If the 752BD can play mkv over the network can it decode the Dolby-TrueHD and DTA-MA when it does?

For playing mkv, am I better off taking my streamer's HDMI output into the 752BD inputs? Can it decode TrueHD/MA that way?
TripleFun's Avatar TripleFun 04:07 PM 08-29-2014
The 752bd does not play networked DSD files from both DLNA (ums - I will need to look at the config file and see if I can get it to do a DSD transcode) and SMB (Windows 8.1).

Apologies, the 752bd does convert DSD64 to PCM when using SMB; however I don't think it can play DSD128 encoded files. The DSD64 sound delicious.
TripleFun's Avatar TripleFun 04:11 PM 08-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
My prepro doesn't do HDMI so I'm looking to get excellent playback of movies, music (including DSD) through the 752BD.

I am currently using my current blu ray player as a DMR (digital media renderer) with bubble upnp. Works awesome but I'm feeling the itch for a player that can do DSD files and/or can eliminate by video streamer

• Can the 752BD play DSD files over DLNA or SMB?
  • Can the 752BD play video mkv over DLNA? I use XBMC on my server to feed my current streamer.
  • If the 752BD can play mkv over the network can it decode the Dolby-TrueHD and DTA-MA when it does?
For playing mkv, am I better off taking my streamer's HDMI output into the 752BD inputs? Can it decode TrueHD/MA that way?

The 752BD will play MKV over SMB and DLNA. DLNA does not require a transcode requirement - I use Universal Media Server. Dolby-TrueHD and DTA-MA are both supported.
Michael9009's Avatar Michael9009 03:39 PM 08-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphoR View Post
Can this player be modified for region free capabilities? If so does anyone know how this is done? I'm a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks.
http://www.bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=30
RalphoR's Avatar RalphoR 04:04 PM 08-30-2014
Thank you!
guzz46's Avatar guzz46 01:29 AM 09-01-2014
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I found this in the Oppo 105 thread, if you have down mix enabled in the 752's audio processing options, then don't, put it back to 7.1 and you should notice an improvement in sound quality.
I have a 5.1 setup so I had 5.1 down mix enabled, but after setting it to 7.1 I noticed quite a difference, even when listening to plain stereo, the sound stage opened up, vocals stood out more, and I could hear nuances in the music which I've never heard before.

You could also try under the video setup options, set the output resolution to source direct, and under hdmi options set color space to rgb video level, I think this may have made a difference but I'm not sure, but definitely try disengaging down mix.
Rogier75's Avatar Rogier75 07:24 AM 09-01-2014
Recently bought an Arcam FMJ P7 and have it connected directly to the 752BD. I must say I am well impressed !

I can't play FLAC files over Wireless network though. I am using Universal Media Player (OSX) and both UMS and 752BD are updated to latest version.

When I open Network on the player and click on Universal Media Server my music folder does appear.
But as soon as I try and select a song the player displays the "root network" folder again.

Has anyone managed to successfully play FLAC files over a Wireless network with this player ?
TripleFun's Avatar TripleFun 05:07 AM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier75 View Post
Recently bought an Arcam FMJ P7 and have it connected directly to the 752BD. I must say I am well impressed !

I can't play FLAC files over Wireless network though. I am using Universal Media Player (OSX) and both UMS and 752BD are updated to latest version.

When I open Network on the player and click on Universal Media Server my music folder does appear.
But as soon as I try and select a song the player displays the "root network" folder again.

Has anyone managed to successfully play FLAC files over a Wireless network with this player ?

I use Windows 8.1 and can access FLAC files successfully using my wireless squeezebox boom (801.11g, Logitech LMS server) and android (tablet 801.11n, UMS server, BubbleUpnp, max. 65Mbps). I have not used the 752bd in wireless mode but don't see why it would not work. I use FFMPEG as the UMS audio transcode engine and network speed 0. I would look at your wireless router settings eg. set channel width 40mhz in preference to 20Mhz) and make sure you are using 802.11n.
lnarbi's Avatar lnarbi 05:34 AM 09-03-2014
Quote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I found this in the Oppo 105 thread, if you have down mix enabled in the 752's audio processing options, then don't, put it back to 7.1 and you should notice an improvement in sound quality.
I have a 5.1 setup so I had 5.1 down mix enabled, but after setting it to 7.1 I noticed quite a difference, even when listening to plain stereo, the sound stage opened up, vocals stood out more, and I could hear nuances in the music which I've never heard before.

You could also try under the video setup options, set the output resolution to source direct, and under hdmi options set color space to rgb video level, I think this may have made a difference but I'm not sure, but definitely try disengaging down mix.
Hi,

I have done intensive testings in that regard, I recently bought a Pioneer LX08 BDP for testing purposes (same as LX71 and close enough to the LX91 and 09FD I teted too).
The 7.1 speaker downmix is NOT the right mode.
I have managed to have the cambridge sound almost like the Pioneers, which sounded better prior the right adjustments in the cambridge.

My setup is stereo only and I noticed these huge differences in the downmix modes on stereo signals too.

The right settings are these ones :

- HDMI color space to auto on both, deep color off
- set it to PAL if you have a PAL compatible TV, NTSC is off on mine (but maybe on the US models it's the opposite, I don't know). Don't use multi system.
- 1080p/24 to forced
- resolution to source direct
- HDMI audio to bitstream
- speakers settings to 5.1, subwoofer on (even if you don't use one), and all speakers to large

If you use analog audio, use the Front Left/right terminals for stereo not the dedicated stereo ones.

HDMI Audio sound like crap (really), so if you use digital, use the optical out, you will loose the HD formats, but still have the DTS core or DD compatibility track which is about as good, and the gain in SQ is pretty substantial, pretty much the best SQ out of the unit. Analog has a little more punch, but soundstage is worse.

All these settings have audible effects on analog AND digital audio.

Something isn't right in the mediatek board, and I'm glad to have been able to compare the cambridge to other good sounding players (same DACs in the pioneers), to get the best out of it.

Edit : I just tested with digital coax, and it's slightly better than optical, I couldn't try before I was waiting for my Mogami cable to be delivered.
Tags: Cambridge Audio Azur 752bd Universal Upsampling Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Blu Ray Players , Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 751bd 3d Compatible Universal Blu Ray Player Black
First ... 9  10  11 12 

Up
Mobile  Desktop