Cambridge Audio's Azur 752BD - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 369 Old 06-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
detroit1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
FYI, Cambridge owners may want to hear about this too


FYI, I visited Toronto over the weekend and went to a store trutone dot ca

Without question, Sales guys are the biggest morons in history !

They had the Arcam Blu-Ray player there and I asked about Oppo and the idiot tells me the Arcam "walks all over it" and it has the best video, big difference,etc

of course that same Arcam did NOT play my disc, which plays on every other Blu-ray player that I tried including an NAD in that same store in another area

does anyone actually believe these sales idiots when they say anything? the chances of actually seeing a difference when playing a blu-ray in the Oppo/Cambridge or Arcam is super super slim

both will look and sound good; of course the Arcam will not even play many discs that the Oppo and Cambridge will

I think this is good info to relay to the Oppo and CA owners about what store people are saying since they don't sell the Cambridge or Oppo

It is laughable that he would say the video is much better, the Arcam uses the Wolfson DACS just like the Cambridge Player

The Industry is a joke; you can't go into any store and get even 1 true statement from these sales idiots

I was going to ask him if in a blind test, using 10 blu-ray clips and betting $100/clip whether he can pick out the Arcam vs the Oppo but then he left the room and I also went into a different area of the store to view a Panasonic Projector

of course the same sale idiot told me Panasonic projectors are much better than Epson, even though Epson makes the panels for Panasonic and both look very similar after adjustments

this proves again for 10 millionth time that Sales Guys are a JOKE !
detroit1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 369 Old 06-24-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post

FYI, Cambridge owners may want to hear about this too


FYI, I visited Toronto over the weekend and went to a store trutone dot ca

Without question, Sales guys are the biggest morons in history !

They had the Arcam Blu-Ray player there and I asked about Oppo and the idiot tells me the Arcam "walks all over it" and it has the best video, big difference,etc

of course that same Arcam did NOT play my disc, which plays on every other Blu-ray player that I tried including an NAD in that same store in another area

does anyone actually believe these sales idiots when they say anything? the chances of actually seeing a difference when playing a blu-ray in the Oppo/Cambridge or Arcam is super super slim

both will look and sound good; of course the Arcam will not even play many discs that the Oppo and Cambridge will

I think this is good info to relay to the Oppo and CA owners about what store people are saying since they don't sell the Cambridge or Oppo

It is laughable that he would say the video is much better, the Arcam uses the Wolfson DACS just like the Cambridge Player

The Industry is a joke; you can't go into any store and get even 1 true statement from these sales idiots

I was going to ask him if in a blind test, using 10 blu-ray clips and betting $100/clip whether he can pick out the Arcam vs the Oppo but then he left the room and I also went into a different area of the store to view a Panasonic Projector

of course the same sale idiot told me Panasonic projectors are much better than Epson, even though Epson makes the panels for Panasonic and both look very similar after adjustments

this proves again for 10 millionth time that Sales Guys are a JOKE !

The Arcam actually uses the Wolfson WM8741 while the Cambridge uses the WM8740. On paper the WM8741 is superior to the WM8740 and I would expect Arcam to nail the implementation as Cambridge probably did with the WM8740.smile.gif

The Arcam retails for $300 more than the Cambridge or Oppo and as has a limited feature set compared to either.eek.gif

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #183 of 369 Old 06-24-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Does the Cambridge support album artwork when playing FLAC files?

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #184 of 369 Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

Does the Cambridge support album artwork when playing FLAC files?

Does this player play FLAC files?

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #185 of 369 Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Member
 
fatjulio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes it does
fatjulio is offline  
post #186 of 369 Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjulio View Post

Yes it does

Thanks fat,

Does it show album artwork and song title?

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #187 of 369 Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Out Yonder
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody heard if Cambridge is going to add Netflix app

KJ
kjohn is offline  
post #188 of 369 Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Member
 
RalphoR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using the 752 to play a lot of old school sci-fi movies from Youtube. It's a pain to input the info into the search option via the remote. I was wondering if anyone has connected a wireless keyboard to the player and if it's even possible. Thanks for any input.
RalphoR is offline  
post #189 of 369 Old 08-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Member
 
htimseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello to you all from Adelaide.

In the past year, my system has started to fail, and as a result i am replacing all the components.
I started with my speakers, i bought the Paradigm Studio 100s for the front with the CC690 center, with those i have a Def/Tech Supercube 2
and at the rear for now, Paradigm Monitor 11s. My old faithful receiver which has had some repairs done is a Denon AVCA10SE (AVR4800 in the US?)
This amp has been great for the last 13 years or so however, when i really crank it there are some CDs (The Wall track 2) that shut it down with these speakers.
Also, my Denon DVD2900, as nice as it sounds with SACD/DVDA hes stopped loading CDs and only has RGB out for video, now that i have a Samsung D8000 60 inch, it's old school and so
That too is in need of replacement. Which is why I'm here.

I am hoping for confirmation or suggestions for alternatives from you special AV peeps.
I have been wanting the Oppo 105 for ages hoping the price will come down however, no signs of that yet. I was also directed towards the Yamaha Aventage 3020 as a great match for my Studio 100s
Mainly from the guy that sold me them (and has the 3020) i have no reason to doubt him as he has the same set up in one of his houses however, as i am ready to do the deed, i want to be confident the next purchases are the right ones for the next 10-15 years.

So, what do you think, is the 3020 and the 105 a good choice for my Paradigms? It's all about music for me, the DVD movie/foxtel option will sound good regardless i feel, I'm just curious and a little anxious about finding out there were better options that i don't know about. The 3020 i can get for around $2500AU (the last time i checked, could be less now) and about $1500AU for the 105.

All suggestions very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Shine On.

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s Paradigm CC690 Paradigm Studio 20s
Paradigm Studio Sub12 Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Samsung AU60D8000
htimseel is offline  
post #190 of 369 Old 08-04-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimseel View Post

Hello to you all from Adelaide.

In the past year, my system has started to fail, and as a result i am replacing all the components.
I started with my speakers, i bought the Paradigm Studio 100s for the front with the CC690 center, with those i have a Def/Tech Supercube 2
and at the rear for now, Paradigm Monitor 11s. My old faithful receiver which has had some repairs done is a Denon AVCA10SE (AV4200 in the US?)
This amp has been great for the last 13 years or so however, when i really crank it there are some CDs (The Wall track 2) that shut it down with these speakers.
Also, my Denon DVD2900, as nice as it sounds with SACD/DVDA hes stopped loading CDs and only has RGB out for video, now that i have a Samsung D8000 60 inch, it's old school and so
That too is in need of replacement. Which is why I'm here.

I am hoping for confirmation or suggestions for alternatives from you special AV peeps.
I have been wanting the Oppo 105 for ages hoping the price will come down however, no signs of that yet. I was also directed towards the Yamaha Aventage 3020 as a great match for my Studio 100s
Mainly from the guy that sold me them (and has the 3020) i have no reason to doubt him as he has the same set up in one of his houses however, as i am ready to do the deed, i want to be confident the next purchases are the right ones for the next 10-15 years.

So, what do you think, is the 3020 and the 105 a good choice for my Paradigms? It's all about music for me, the DVD movie/foxtel option will sound good regardless i feel, I'm just curious and a little anxious about finding out there were better options that i don't know about. The 3020 i can get for around $2500AU (the last time i checked, could be less now) and about $1500AU for the 105.

All suggestions very much welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Shine On.

Audio quality recommendations will be truly subjective. However, either the Oppo (BDP-103 or BDP-105) or Cambridge could be good choices to mate with the Paradigms. Let your ears decide.smile.gif Also, there are offerings from Arcam and Marantz.

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #191 of 369 Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AVfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimseel View Post

i want to be confident the next purchases are the right ones for the next 10-15 years.

That's a tall order these days. Player tech changes faster than most people change toothbrushes. My advice is to spend as little as possible on a digital transport (player), and as much as possible on receiver or amp since you say the receiver is failing when you blare the Floyd.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
AVfile is offline  
post #192 of 369 Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Member
 
htimseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, thanks for you replies.
I was hoping for an Oppo 105 then the CA 752 came up, that's what led me here.
I still think the Oppo is the go purely because i have wanted one for ages!

I guess i was hoping for someone to say the Yamaha is a great amp, buy it. If you were in my shoes, ready to buy, would you go the Yamaha or another receiver, and if so, which and why?
I understand having an audition myself though, this i can't really do properly, compare what i'm looking for as they are spread out round the city and only one place has my speakers.
Do you see any reason i shouldn't buy the Oppo 105 and the Yamaha Aventage 3020? I like it loud and the yam has 150wpc and from what i've read so far, sounds great.


cheers

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s Paradigm CC690 Paradigm Studio 20s
Paradigm Studio Sub12 Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Samsung AU60D8000
htimseel is offline  
post #193 of 369 Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Member
 
htimseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having a little bit of a think about power amps, how would you think this would go...keeping the Denon AVCA10SE/AVR4800 as a pre amp, getting the Oppo BDP-105, connecting to the amp via 5.1 analogue, going from pre amp out of the Denon to a power amp for the front L&R Studio 100's, using the Denon to power the center and rears and from the Oppo to the Samsung D8000 via HDMI for video. Am i missing out on anything doing it this way, do you think i would get the best from the audio like this or still better off with a new receiver? I am not fussed about DSPs usually i have 5ch stereo for music and DTS 5.1 for DVDs ...in fact sometimes i will select the DTS sountrack and keep the amp on 5ch stereo depending on the mix. I just want to hear the full potential of my speakers and the Oppo.

Cheers

PS, sorry if this has become off topic.

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s Paradigm CC690 Paradigm Studio 20s
Paradigm Studio Sub12 Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Samsung AU60D8000
htimseel is offline  
post #194 of 369 Old 08-08-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimseel View Post

Having a little bit of a think about power amps, how would you think this would go...keeping the Denon AVCA10SE/AVR4800 as a pre amp, getting the Oppo BDP-105, connecting to the amp via 5.1 analogue, going from pre amp out of the Denon to a power amp for the front L&R Studio 100's, using the Denon to power the center and rears and from the Oppo to the Samsung D8000 via HDMI for video. Am i missing out on anything doing it this way, do you think i would get the best from the audio like this or still better off with a new receiver? I am not fussed about DSPs usually i have 5ch stereo for music and DTS 5.1 for DVDs ...in fact sometimes i will select the DTS sountrack and keep the amp on 5ch stereo depending on the mix. I just want to hear the full potential of my speakers and the Oppo.

Cheers

PS, sorry if this has become off topic.
Why are you posting this on the 752 thread and not the 105 thread? I follow this thread because while I like the 105, I am not sure if the Cambridge might better mesh with my 205/2s due to the Wolfson DACs. I wish the 752 had XLRs but otherwise I am sure a sweet deck.

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Ayre K-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650.
jima4a is online now  
post #195 of 369 Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Member
 
htimseel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you look back a few posts you will see i joined originally to ask about comparisons between the CA and the Oppo.
I would be happy for mods to move my post to the appropriate section.

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s Paradigm CC690 Paradigm Studio 20s
Paradigm Studio Sub12 Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Samsung AU60D8000
htimseel is offline  
post #196 of 369 Old 08-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Ryder125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Is the 752bd really any better than cheaper blu ray players in the $100-$500 range or better than the PS3 or soon to be PS4?
Ryder125 is offline  
post #197 of 369 Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder125 View Post

Is the 752bd really any better than cheaper blu ray players in the $100-$500 range or better than the PS3 or soon to be PS4?

Better at doing what?confused.gif

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #198 of 369 Old 08-09-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 13,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Better at playing BluRay discs? No. Better AQ for analog audio? Yes. It depends on what you want to do with this, or any of the high-end players. You generally get dual HDMI outputs and better audio DACs (including capability to play SACDs and DVD-A's). The basic functions are the same with any player.
BillP is offline  
post #199 of 369 Old 08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
richmond5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Somebody may has already ask this. Oppo 105 HDMI input does not decode lossless sounds, what about 752? Thanks for any inputs!
richmond5 is online now  
post #200 of 369 Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kris Deering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Pacific Northwet
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 569
They are identical for this, the Cambridge is an Oppo with a different analog audio board. So if the Oppo can't do it, the 752 can't either.

My Theater Room

Technical Editor/Writer

Sound and Vision
Kris Deering is online now  
post #201 of 369 Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Member
 
Eagle13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New York City/Boston
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, whaddya know? Cambridge Audio came through after all... latest firmware supports playback of DSD files!
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/azur-752bd-universal-upsampling-blu-ray-dvd-cd-player#support
Eagle13 is offline  
post #202 of 369 Old 08-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Member
 
smaragd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This is great news, in fact it reinforces the reasons for getting the BD752. Always convinced they would listen to their customers and give us what we like...
Ordering soon. 😊
smaragd is offline  
post #203 of 369 Old 08-31-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 2,885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaragd View Post

This is great news, in fact it reinforces the reasons for getting the BD752. Always convinced they would listen to their customers and give us what we like...
Ordering soon. 😊

What did the Cambridge customers request that they are now receiving? This thread is pretty quiet as most owners are just enjoying their Cambridge?smile.gif
Eagle13 likes this.

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790, Oppo BDP-103
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
bakerwi is offline  
post #204 of 369 Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AVfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 73
This? From the link above:

Features of the new update (version 752BD(CU)-14-0719) include;

1. Added support for ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio CODEC) playback.

2. Added support for DSD audio (2.8MHz, 64FS) playback. (5.6MHz, 128FS DSD not supported)
Eagle13 likes this.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
AVfile is offline  
post #205 of 369 Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Member
 
monkiboy48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

What did the Cambridge customers request that they are now receiving? This thread is pretty quiet as most owners are just enjoying their Cambridge?smile.gif

The main problem was the lip syncing issue with the back HDMI input. I have my 8300HD DVR hooked up to my back HDMI input and the lip sync would slowly get worse over time. Then Cambridge came out with the latest firmware update on 8/21 (my birthday!) and solved that issue.

From their firmware info:

"3. Improved the Audio/Video synchronization when streaming from some cable TV boxes connected to the HDMI IN port (Front and Back). Customers have reported that with normal TV playback, if there is any change in the content audio format (for example, from Dolby Digital 5.1 to Dolby Digital 2.0), the audio/video outputs could become out-of-sync. This issue has been significantly improved upon in this firmware."

Wow! What a birthday gift!

And yes, enjoying the 752BD.
Eagle13 likes this.

Experience with the following gear:
Cambridge Audio 640R
Cabmridge Audio 752BD
Rotel RCD-1072
Pioneer BDP-05FD
Emotiva UPA-7
Sherbourn PT-7020A
Manley Labs Stingray Integrated
Totem Acoustics Rainmaker Center
Totem Acoustics Hawks
Adams Audio MK3 Pencil
monkiboy48 is offline  
post #206 of 369 Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Member
 
Groot Geluid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

This? From the link above:

Features of the new update (version 752BD(CU)-14-0719) include;

1. Added support for ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio CODEC) playback.

2. Added support for DSD audio (2.8MHz, 64FS) playback. (5.6MHz, 128FS DSD not supported)

Played successfully a stereo and a multichannel Dsd file of a 2 TB WD elements usb 3 disc connected to the front usb connector. That is great. Still have to test that over the network, but approximately all other audio/flac files work fine over the network.
Groot Geluid is offline  
post #207 of 369 Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Newbie
 
MBarnesGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
monkiboy,

I didnt read the last 2-3 pages in full. I am VERY interested in this new CA player to replace my 4010 Denon. What I NEED is that adjustable sync mode for the 7.1 analog inputs. I am running I think +120m/s on my denon and it is about perfect. With no sync mode, it is going to be terrible.

Did the new update allow this to be adjustable?

Thanks to anyone who knows.
MBarnesGT is offline  
post #208 of 369 Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Member
 
monkiboy48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarnesGT View Post

monkiboy,

I didnt read the last 2-3 pages in full. I am VERY interested in this new CA player to replace my 4010 Denon. What I NEED is that adjustable sync mode for the 7.1 analog inputs. I am running I think +120m/s on my denon and it is about perfect. With no sync mode, it is going to be terrible.

Did the new update allow this to be adjustable?

Thanks to anyone who knows.

It was the previous firmware update that included lipsync adjustment.

17th June 2013: 752BD(CU)-13-0604
2. Added a feature that allows the adjustment of the audio delay time within the range of -100ms to +100ms. This can be set in "Setup Menu"->"Audio Processing" -> "A/V Sync", and the delayed time will be applied to all output terminals including HDMI 1 and 2, Coaxial, Optical, and 7.1 outputs (including the Stereo outputs of the 752BD).

Hope this helps you.

Experience with the following gear:
Cambridge Audio 640R
Cabmridge Audio 752BD
Rotel RCD-1072
Pioneer BDP-05FD
Emotiva UPA-7
Sherbourn PT-7020A
Manley Labs Stingray Integrated
Totem Acoustics Rainmaker Center
Totem Acoustics Hawks
Adams Audio MK3 Pencil
monkiboy48 is offline  
post #209 of 369 Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM
 
omegajuicers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes,Oppo 105 weighs 17 lbs while CA 752 is around 11 lbs. Looks like it is based on 103 with improved DACs.P5zQBq
omegajuicers is offline  
post #210 of 369 Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Member
 
scottm18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anybody have any luck playing a > 2 TB hard drive on the 752BD? I just picked up a USB 3.0 4TB drive and I can' t get the player to recognize (yes, partitioned as either MBR or GPT). One issue is I still haven't upgraded the firmware basically beyond stock (due to other reasons at the moment)--would that fix anything? I do recall one of the FW upgrades was improved support for large capacity drives...so maybe it would?

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on FLAC playing. I am in awe at how well this plays the hi-res FLAC files. Some of my favorite seminal albums have been skillfully digitized into 24bit FLAC (up to 192k) and released by either HDtracks or to the underground world (one amazing Russian site in particular). That is basically 2ch DVD-Audio qualty! smile.gif

Now if I could just get it to recognize my 4TB drive, I'd be one happy camper...
scottm18 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Cambridge Audio Azur 752bd Universal Upsampling Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Blu Ray Players , Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 751bd 3d Compatible Universal Blu Ray Player Black
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off