Just bought Panasonic DMP-BDT220 / Should I still keep my ROKU box? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray player on order, and it is to be delivered tomorrow (Saturday).

As I am sure most of you are already aware, it has the WiFi streaming cababilities for streaming Netflix, Hulu, Amason etc.... and I am currious to know if the streaming works well enough for me to consider selling my ROKU box.

I have a friend that would like to have one, and I could sell him mine for a good deal.
I would also like to free up the HDMI port on my AVR, as the Blu-Ray will take up one as well.

One more question: How smooth is the DLNA functionality?

Thanks,
Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I would compare the PQ on both devices before deciding. My Panny 110 (2011 model) streams much better than my Panny VT30 (also 2011 model). Go figure.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkulese View Post

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray player on order, and it is to be delivered tomorrow (Saturday).

As I am sure most of you are already aware, it has the WiFi streaming cababilities for streaming Netflix, Hulu, Amason etc.... and I am currious to know if the streaming works well enough for me to consider selling my ROKU box.

I have a friend that would like to have one, and I could sell him mine for a good deal.
I would also like to free up the HDMI port on my AVR, as the Blu-Ray will take up one as well.

One more question: How smooth is the DLNA functionality?

Thanks,
Roger

DLNA works like a charm for myself. I use my PZ950 and my MacBook Pro MD101. I know others having varying opinions on DLNA, and I've ran into an ocassional issue with some DLNA certified devices, but my PZ950's been rock solid. As far as getting rid of the Roku, that's a personal choice. Personally, I think the UI on the Roku is leaps and bounds better than that of the Panasonic, so if I was going to pick a device to stream from I'd choose the Roku. I definitely understand the nice benefit of freeing up an HDMI input, so I can see it both ways.

Flip a coin? wink.gif

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Blu Ray Players , Roku , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Lg Infinia 50pz950 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page