Excluding Auto selection of BD player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When I originally set up my S590 (about 2 months ago I somehow either by default or by mis-selection ended up with my Panasonic Plasma TV and BD player automatically talking to each other. This has become a nuisance more than a convenience as more often I am watching sattelite (HDMI 1), however if previously I have left the setting at HDMI 2 (BD Player), have left a BD or DVD disc in the player, or both, when I turn my setup back on the S590 takes over and will not let me switch to sattelite. Disc must be removed and all units shut down then TV must be turned back on first so that I can switch to HDMI1. If I don't do this (leave on HDMI 2) then BD player turns on and connects to internet (a tedious process at the best of times). Again there is no way to prevent this without a shutdown and then making sure only TV is on and quickly selecting HDMI 1. Too slow with the Input and selection buttons on the remote, and voila BD player turns on and tries to connect to the internet as noted. ........... Aaaarrrrgggh!
I would like all these choices to be manually selectable only, but not sure how to do that as I don't know how I arrived at the original automatic arrangement.
Thanks Dave

Last week at a party, I was dancing with my neighbours wife when she rubbed against me, put her hand on my butt, slid her tongue into my ear and said " I want you to take me upstairs and spank me". I said "I can't think of any reason to spank you. Your behavior has been absolutely perfect so far."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Mods ask that all questions go in the official player thread. Search for HDMI CEC.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396469/official-sony-bdp-s590-and-bdp-390-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 8 Old 03-02-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Mods ask that all questions go in the official player thread. Search for HDMI CEC.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396469/official-sony-bdp-s590-and-bdp-390-thread

S~
Huh ... what? The link sent me to the main page (1) which is an HD audio thread or something? I just want to unselect automatic video (BD and internet).
Oh God ... please have mercy on my soul! eek.gif

Last week at a party, I was dancing with my neighbours wife when she rubbed against me, put her hand on my butt, slid her tongue into my ear and said " I want you to take me upstairs and spank me". I said "I can't think of any reason to spank you. Your behavior has been absolutely perfect so far."
post #4 of 8 Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 87
The link took me to the right thread. Try again.

post #5 of 8 Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

The link took me to the right thread. Try again.

This link takes me to incoherent nonsense ..... what else can I say?
Dave.

P.S. Just want to know how to un-automate my Sony S590. How difficult can that be? If I made a mistake and posted this in the wrong forum then surely the moderators could figure that out and move this post to the appropriate forum. Geeeeeez!
Thanks for nothing !
Dave

post #6 of 8 Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Try this link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396469/official-sony-bdp-s590-and-bdp-390-thread (which is actually the same as the above one)

The link will take you into the thread and what you see will depend on what has been posted so it may initially look like gibberish since it is like starting in the middle of a conversation. It is usually advisable to go to the first posting in the whole thread where there is often general info about specific gear.

Once in the thread, you will need to either use the search function to see if your question has already been dealt with in the thread or go to the last posting and then post your question. I suspect your problems with the links are related to being unfamiliar with how threads work here. You usually need to just do some exploring here and spend a little time to get familiar with how things work. I know you just want a fast answer to your question but learning your way around the forums will provide many future rewards.

post #7 of 8 Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 141
HDMI CEC is HDMI control that allows devices to talk to each other, turn each other on/off. Each manufacture uses its own name for this feature. Sony calls it BraviaSync and Panasonic calls it Vierra Link. Turn them off in the setup menus of each device connected.

http://www.avsforum.com/newsearch/?search=HDMI+CEC&output=posts&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=1396469&advanced=1

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #8 of 8 Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

HDMI CEC is HDMI control that allows devices to talk to each other, turn each other on/off. Each manufacture uses its own name for this feature. Sony calls it BraviaSync and Panasonic calls it Vierra Link. Turn them off in the setup menus of each device connected.

http://www.avsforum.com/newsearch/?search=HDMI+CEC&output=posts&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=1396469&advanced=1

S~
Thanks teachsac and all others who posted on this issue. Turned feature off in both TV and BD player menus, and now good to go.
Cheers, Dave

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - S590 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page