Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Good day everyone ,

I have an issue that i cannot resolve.

Until recently i had an Onkyo TX-NR709 to which i connected my oppo BDP-93. My display device is an Optoma HD20 connected to the main ou of the Onkyo. It often had problem handshaking hdmi on startup either falling back to analog or having to resync multiple times before locking in the signal .

But the strangest problem was if i wanted to play cd on the oppo. In order to be able to lock in the hdmi signal i had to change the Onkyo output to main sub . Never could figure out why

Anyhow yesterday i bought an Onkyo TX-NR818 and i am experiencing the sale issues when trying to listen to cd. If i leave the onkyo on main out it tries to lock in the hdmi signal but keeps retrying again and again without any success. If i shut down the Onkyo and power it up again it is able to lock in the hdmi but display no signal unless i switch back the main out to sub on the Onkyo

So i am telling myself that if i am getting the same issues on 2 diffrent Onkyo model there must something i am not configuring properly

If someone is experiening the same issues and was able to resolve it i would appreciate any help

Thank you

Alain

Alain Pilon

Lasalle, Québec Canada
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Onkyo Tx Nr709 , Onkyo Tx Nr818
Gear in this thread - Nr709 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page