Standard DVD on DMP-BDT220CP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been struggling with this issue for a while now. I have a Samsung LED 53" TV that is hooked with DMP-BDT220CP. The picture of the TV is crystal clear usually. The player works great except when I play any standard DVD. The clarity of the edges (of the images on screen) goes away. It almost seems like I am playing a much lower pixel movie. The crystal clear quality simply drops to something much worse than even any standard def DVD played on any regular DVD player on any standard monitor. Not sure if you have noticed that if you play Netflix movies directly on Smart TVs the image for the first few seconds remain very unclear and then gradually clears out. The lack of clarity, when I play the standard DVDs is even worse, and it stays. I am wondering if i need to make any change in the video setting every time I play standard DVD. It would be a pain but I am ready to take it if that improves the pic quality. FYI, the BDs are crystal clear especially when I set the Samsung pic to "dynamic" mode. I will surely appreciate any help or suggestion. Thanks. Andy Ray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Please use the dedicated player thread for questions. We have talked about settings, etc. Panasonic's are some of the better scalers out there. DVD will never look as good as HD from Sat/Cable, Netflix, Amazon, etc. There is less resolution. Garbage in, garbage out.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page