which blu-ray/DVD player has two HDMI output? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I was going to buy the Panasonic DMP-BDT220, which has all the features I need - Wifi, 3D, external HDD, SD slot, AVCHD... except that I just found out that it only has 1 HDMI output. I'll need two, one goes to TV, the other goes to projector. This is $90 now, the Panasonic model that has twin HDMI outputs is BDT500, which sells for $280. spending $200 extra for just 1 HDMI doesn't seem to make sense. Are there other brand/model that has twin HDMIs in the BDT200 price range?

thanks,

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If you can find a sony bdp-790, that should be cheaper than the panasonic.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Comparing the two Panasonic models, the only features that BDT-500 has that BDT-220 doesn't are:

Touch Pad Remote Control
Analog Audio 7.1 Channel Output
Twin HDMI

I don't need "Analog Audio 7.1 Channel Output" as I have a Yamaha pre-amp, and I don't need the touch pad remote. does it make more sense to buy two BDT-220? that would still cost less than ONE BDT-500.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 314
I agree that 2 single output players are cheaper than one dual output player. But why the interest in the 220 when the new models coming out now are better and just about as cheap? You also mention needing external HDD. I hope you don't have the false impressioin that panasonic can play a wide variety of files from an external drive, because it can't. Pretty much all it can play is MPEG2 and MKV. I would go for the sony 5100 myself, as soon as the price comes down a bit. That way you get great speed, better netflix, HD youtube, a ton more streaming apps and much better file support.

Do you watch your TV and projector at the same time? If not, just get a matrix switch (assuming your receiver can't accomplish the same thing).
post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish here, watching on the TV and projector simultaneously? In that case a splitter/repeater might do the job instead of having to find a dual HDMI output player.

Over and above the dual HDMI feature, the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 is well regarded for overall quality and features.

As far as I know the main reason people want dual HDMI outputs is when the audio receiver can't handle the new HDMI 1.4 spec used in 3D. I believe the dual HDMI output players can handshake with 2 separate devices at different HDMI specification level so there isn't a conflict.

It doesn't sound like that's your issue however.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I agree that 2 single output players are cheaper than one dual output player. But why the interest in the 220 when the new models coming out now are better and just about as cheap? .

I wasn't aware of a new model coming out now, what's the model number?
Quote:
You also mention needing external HDD. I hope you don't have the false impressioin that panasonic can play a wide variety of files from an external drive, because it can't. Pretty much all it can play is MPEG2 and MKV.)

I think I read it could play AVCHD? I was thinking all the home videos I have shot with Canon in AVCHD.
Quote:
I would go for the sony 5100 myself, as soon as the price comes down a bit. That way you get great speed, better netflix, HD youtube, a ton more streaming apps and much better file support.

Do you watch your TV and projector at the same time? If not, just get a matrix switch (assuming your receiver can't accomplish the same thing).

No, I won't be watching TV and projector at the same time. rather, I was thinking two HDMI output, one goes to projector, one goes to TV, so I won't need to keep plug/unplug. I'll check out what "matrix switch" is.

Your reply is very helpful! thanks!
post #7 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild View Post

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish here, watching on the TV and projector simultaneously? In that case a splitter/repeater might do the job instead of having to find a dual HDMI output player.

I won't be watching TV and projector at the same time. rather, I was thinking two HDMI output, one goes to projector, one goes to TV, so I won't need to keep plug/unplug. TV for most viewing (of internet contents), projector for occassional blue-ray/3D.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

just looked it up, it seems a "spliter" would work. is it "1 Input Male to 2 Output Female" that I should get like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Splitter-Adapter-Output-Devices/dp/B0047BRT3O/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362695747&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+splitter+1+in+2+out

thanks!
post #9 of 9 Old 09-12-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Another use is splitting the audio and video for those of us with secondary monitors who need a transport to pick up MLP PCM transcoded, DSD, and BD-Audio PCM.

This way you can have a soirée with music and title display without having to fire up the projector.

Pioneer BDP-62FD is another universal player example.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Dmp Bdt500 , Samsung Bd D5100 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - Bdt220 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page