Oppo 105 performance over network - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hoping someone can shed some light on the Oppo 105 performance playing high def audio files over a network. Are there differences or limitations to playing via network as comparedi to playing from a USB drive or from a computer using the asynchronous connection?

Also, I am confused by a statement I read in a review of the device. The reviewer said:

"Technically, all the USB inputs on the BDP-105 are asynchronous, in that the bitstream is reclocked to the BDp-105's DAC and then decoded. This is accomplished by storing the bitstream in memory as it arrives, and then re-clocked for decoding. The "official" asynchronous USB input on the right hand side of the rear panel is designed to be connected to your computer through one of its USB ports. In any case, all the USB inputs for the BDP-105 remove the jitter that is inherent to USB connections."

So there is no advantage gained by using the "official" asynchronous USB input at the rear of the unit?

Last, could an audio file be sent over a network with the network cable connecting to a USB port on the Oppo via a converter?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Welcome to the Forum. Please post your question in the 105 dedicated thread. Thanks.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page