My Oppo Service Experience - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought an Oppo BDP-83 in August 2009. I have been amazed and thrilled by the audio and video quality. Very recently, obviously out of warranty, the tray began to refuse to eject about 50% of the time. After reading several threads here about the same issue, I emailed Oppo. Within hours, I received a reply requesting that I return my player for service. There was no mention of cost. I returned it and it remained in Oppo's hands for one day before I received another email reporting it had been repaired and was en route back to me.

I received it today, reconnected it and it is perfect in every respect, both cosmetically and mechanically. It looks and sounds as it did the first day I owned it! Once again, there was no cost.

I have been a fan of Oppo since I bought my first DV-970HD many years ago. This experience has only deepened my admiration and respect. I wanted to say that when I next want another disk player, I will only consider Oppo; however, if they keep repairing my BDP-83 for free, I may never need another disk player!

Thank you, great folks at Oppo, for a wonderful experience.
Edmundo Lopez likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chili555 View Post

I bought an Oppo BDP-83 in August 2009. I have been amazed and thrilled by the audio and video quality. Very recently, obviously out of warranty, the tray began to refuse to eject about 50% of the time. After reading several threads here about the same issue, I emailed Oppo. Within hours, I received a reply requesting that I return my player for service. There was no mention of cost. I returned it and it remained in Oppo's hands for one day before I received another email reporting it had been repaired and was en route back to me. Thank you, great folks at Oppo, for a wonderful experience.

This is good to hear. When my BDT 220 finally gives out I will definitely look into getting this. The video quality is supposed to be the best - period. I've seen one in action, but couldn't justify the price. Now that I've read your experience I might consider this a little later on. Thanks for the update.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page