Official Panasonic DMP 79/89/130(UK)/225/230/330 Owners Thread 2013 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal4 View Post

I just bought a Panasonic BDT-330 and configured it to pass audio only over the HDMI (Sub) by setting V.OFF. The HDMI Audio Output setting is ON. The video works just fine on my 3D TV but I cannot get my Pioneer VSX01 AVR to play the audio. I tried the BD input, no dice. I configured the DVD input on the AVR to use HDMI 1 and 2 and tried those as well. No dice, either. Any ideas? Anyone have any luck getting non HDMI 1.4 Pioneer AVR's to work this way?
Optical input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If I wanted to use an optical input I would hook up my Sony 3D BD player and return this one. The HDMI(Sub) with audio only(V.OFF) works when playing a standard BD disc but not with a 3D disc. Which leads me to believe its a configuration issue with the 330. I'll keep putzing with it.
post #363 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I wanted to use an optical input I would hook up my Sony 3D BD player and return this one. The HDMI(Sub) with audio only(V.OFF) works when playing a standard BD disc but not with a 3D disc. Which leads me to believe its a configuration issue with the 330. I'll keep putzing with it.
Now you are saying it works on regular 2D bluray discs, but not on 3D,if was up to me,i get new receiver.
post #364 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

I just bought a Panasonic BDT-330 and configured it to pass audio only over the HDMI (Sub) by setting V.OFF. The HDMI Audio Output setting is ON. The video works just fine on my 3D TV but I cannot get my Pioneer VSX01 AVR to play the audio. I tried the BD input, no dice. I configured the DVD input on the AVR to use HDMI 1 and 2 and tried those as well. No dice, either. Any ideas? Anyone have any luck getting non HDMI 1.4 Pioneer AVR's to work this way?
I believe you also need to turn off HDMI audio output. That will disable it on HDMI 1. That's the way the previous players worked.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #365 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

I believe you also need to turn off HDMI audio output. That will disable it on HDMI 1. That's the way the previous players worked.
S~

I will try that but it is a 180 from the instructions in the manual which mention to turn off HDMI audio output if an optical/digital connection is used. In the audio troubleshooting guide the below is written:

To output audio from a device connected with an HDMI cable, set “HDMI Audio Output” to “On” in the Setup menu.
post #366 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

Now you are saying it works on regular 2D bluray discs, but not on 3D,if was up to me,i get new receiver.

Yes, 2D blu-ray discs work, audio and video. Wiith 3D I get video but no audio. If you donate $700 to the Cardinal4 AVR upgrade fund I will happily get a new receiver...... smile.gif
post #367 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I will try that but it is a 180 from the instructions in the manual which mention to turn off HDMI audio output if an optical/digital connection is used. In the audio troubleshooting guide the below is written:

To output audio from a device connected with an HDMI cable, set “HDMI Audio Output” to “On” in the Setup menu.
You are turning off the main audio from HDMI one and directing it to two, HDMI will always have priority.

S~
cardinal4 likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #368 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 03:18 PM

Thank you and great big hat tip, teachsac, that worked! The manual is as clear as mud..... I translated the below gobbledegook as "turn it off if you're using HDMI for video and optical for audio".

This setting selects whether or not to output
audio from HDMI.

Select “Off” when the TV is connected to this
unit via HDMI AV OUT terminal, and this unit
is also connected to other devices, such as
an amplifier/receiver via an OPTICAL
terminal.

I don't believe I've used a more aggravating remote control in all my life, whomever decided putting the NETFLIX button right above the UP control has to be a sadist. After 10 visits to Netflix I finally managed to navigate to the Audio options. Thanks again for your help teach!
post #369 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

No problem. When you've owned pretty much every Panasonic since the BD10, you know all the tricks. I agree. The older manuals used to spell it out much clearer.Both steps are present in the BD350 manual. Not as clear in the 330 manual.

S~

post #370 of 655 Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM

Well I spoke to soon, it still does not work with any disc that has 3D content. After posting my earlier remarks I noticed the disk I used was a 2D. Play a 2D disk and it works as advertised, no HDMI sync issues, HD audio to the AVR and a nice crisp picture. Insert a disk with 3D content and the fun begins. First HDMI sync issues start after spin up and the initial read. The 330's display flashes HDMI and I can see the AVR's HDMI indicator blipping on/off. The same with the TV, the video stutters, TV goes black, then back on, eventually all devices sync up. The video Intro stutters. When the movies menu appears Press Play and the video has horrible stutter and no audio to the AVR. I tried several 3D titles, all with the same result. Several lockups that required unplugging the player and restarting. I've tried different combinations of HDMI settings, none work with 3D content. I've successfully played 3D content with my Sony S580 with the same gear, sans the HD audio. Do these symptoms appear to be configuration related?
post #371 of 655 Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 AM

I sent an email to Panasonic support yesterday and received a reply this morning. Not very encouraging, looks like the same person who wrote the manual works in support, too. I'll think I'll just return it.
Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. Are the discs being played in the Panasonic unit or in the Pioneer receiver?
We await you response. Thank you for contacting Panasonic.
post #372 of 655 Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Liked: 10
has anyone experienced audio and video glitches on the BDT-230? i have the latest firmware

what will happen is that the picture will go to static for one second and the sound will cut out for a few seconds. i have to reboot the player and sometimes take out the cable from my TV and put it back in.
seems to start mostly when i watch Pixar blu rays
post #373 of 655 Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nope. No problems with the latest firmware.

S~

post #374 of 655 Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM

i think i remember reading that for blu ray the executable was on the disc itself. since it happens on a few discs i think it might be an issue with the discs and not the player
post #375 of 655 Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, 2D blu-ray discs work, audio and video. Wiith 3D I get video but no audio. If you donate $700 to the Cardinal4 AVR upgrade fund I will happily get a new receiver...... smile.gif
I hear you
post #376 of 655 Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 AM

Hi community,

I recently bought this BDP and connected everything as usual. All seems to work fine with an exception when it comes to network input over WLAN: Normally when playing a disc, USB file or whatever, pressing "Option" on the remote provides you with adjustable settings concerning Audio, Video, 3D etc. This doesn't happen when I play a file via DLNA - the file plays well, but pressing "Option" only gives me a very small UI with Audio as the only option (changing L, R or L+R as the only possibilities) (this UI is in a totally other style than the normal one, without any icons and so on, so it something completely different than the one you normally see). Therefore I can't manage to convert any file through 2D--3D or apply any other settings for the playback.

If there's no such possibility the device only took a very short trip to my living room, but before I return it I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything...

So, any comment on that matter would be highly appreciated. The same applies to any hint about another BDP which is capable of what I'm looking for:

.WLAN
.2D-->3D for all inputs
.a variety of supported formats (at least mkv)

Thanks in advance!

Regards, cropster

P.S. I have the newest firmware (1.39)
P.P.S. With a certain file fed via USB there's no problem: Options are available. Fed via DLNA the same file gets no options other than the audio setting described above.
post #377 of 655 Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Use this thread. The 235 is the Euro version for the 230/330.

S~

post #378 of 655 Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 AM

I just upgraded the firmware to 1.49 and I'm having issues with youtube. I can't get videos to play now and the unit freezes up when trying. I have had to pull the power cable a dozen times today alone. Seems like Pandora was working fine. Also, since the update, the mapped Home button on my universal remote doesn't work anymore. Anyone update yet. I was prompted today. Seems like it was released a couple of days ago.
post #379 of 655 Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunters View Post

I just upgraded the firmware to 1.49 and I'm having issues with youtube. I can't get videos to play now and the unit freezes up when trying. I have had to pull the power cable a dozen times today alone. Seems like Pandora was working fine. Also, since the update, the mapped Home button on my universal remote doesn't work anymore. Anyone update yet. I was prompted today. Seems like it was released a couple of days ago.
Same problem with Sony790 bluray player,I have not tried it on 330 panny.
post #380 of 655 Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by proufo View Post

Hello to all.

Got a bottom of the line BDP-DM79 (South American version) for my bedroom. Happy with it, except for cropping when playing DVDs.

The TV is a 42" 768P Panasonic that crops about 5% in total in FULL mode. And then, I presume, the Panasonic player does some cropping of its own so DVDs look like a bad case of new close-up lens fever.

I could keep the old DVD player but I really wanted to reduce the clutter in the bedroom.

Thanks in advance.
Take it off 16:9 full and set it to 16:9. Full stretches the image.

S~

post #381 of 655 Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just got the Pany 330 & was wondering why I cant get DTS master to work,where in the settings did I mess up? thanks ps so far its a great player fast loading!!
post #382 of 655 Old 10-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just covering the obvious, so no offense, but are you feeding a receiver with it that can decode DTS-HD Ma? Are you playing discs that offer DTS Ma?
post #383 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, no offence taken, sometimes its the simple things you forget,I was watching Ironman 3 which is DTS 7.1 thanks
post #384 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Was watching that the other night, and had full DTS-HD Ma so I know it works with our players... and with that I'm out of ideas, sorry. Could it be a firmware bug?
post #385 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Since the latest firmware essentially broke Youtube, is there a way to downgrade the firmware?
post #386 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks oatmeal ill check things again
post #387 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Home Theater Audio Experts Help Please:

Just picked up a 230 because me DMP-BDT300 appeared to be on the fritz (started having trouble reading discs out of the blue and kept returning "cannot read disc" or "incomatible disk").

Anyway I'm so confused on the audio options. I am using the optical out to my Acurus ACT-3 processor which supposedly supports DTS and Dolby Digital but not the latest DTS-HD and Dolby Digital +/Dolby TrueHD etc. I have "BITSTREAM" selected on both formats.

If I read the manual correctly I am supposed to set Secondary Audio to "ON" which would convert the DTS-HD MASTER and Dolby Digital +/Dolby TrueHD to DTS and Dolby Digital respectively.

So when I put in my Bluray disc with these options I get sound out of the front 3 channels but I can't hear anything coming from the rears (5.1 system). When I switch the Secondary Audio option to "OFF" I then get sound out of the rears. This is exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. Am I missing something? Should I set the audio to "PCM" on both formats? Very confused...
post #388 of 655 Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

No. PCM will get you two channel over optical. Leave secondary audio set to off and it will handle both the Core DTS and accompanying DD5.1 soundtracks.

S~

post #389 of 655 Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 AM

anyone capable of getting video options to work when streaming over the network?
post #390 of 655 Old 10-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

What are you trying to do?

S~

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd79 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd89 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmpbdt230 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmpbdt330 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page