Samsung BD-F5900 Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 363 Old 06-30-2015, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having a few strange things happen with this player as of last night. Confirmed I am on the latest f/w.

1. When turning on the player for the first time, I will see the Samsung Smart TV boot up logo, but after a few seconds, the picture goes black and the main smart hub menu never appears. TV pops up a message that no video signal is present. No matter what hdmi cable I use or what TV it's plugged into the main menu will never come up from a cold boot. There is one interesting workaround I found: while on the blank screen if I pop in a bluray disc, it automatically starts playing and the picture comes back. I can then stop the disc and the smart hub menu appears like expected. I've tried to reset the player, still exhibits the same symptoms. F/W is up to date. This player worked perfectly at this location for several months (even before the f/w update).

2. When streaming Netflix, connected on wifi to 5ghz AP with very good signal strength I get random dropouts every few minutes.

I'll be contacting Samsung support soon, just wanted to post up here first in case anyone else has experienced this also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 363 Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I figured out one workaround to the startup issue. I enabled "quickstart" in the settings menu. The player basically stays on all the time now, but in a standby mode instead of off. This seems to be working for me. Not great, but better than having to load a disc and stopping it everytime I want to use the player for something.
post #363 of 363 Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For the past 6 months or so mine works fine with Netflix or Amazon for a while, then it blanks out unexpectedly, and I have to unplug the unit to get it to shut down. It will then power up normally, and I can go to a service like netflix. However, it will only play for a couple minutes then freezes again.

Doing a factory reset is the only thing that repairs it, but then I have to go through setup, logging back in to wifi, and logging into Netflix and Amazon.

It will then last like this for a week or two, and start freezing again.

Any ideas?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd F5900 3d Wi Fi Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - F5900 by PriceGrabber.com