Help! Picture cycling with static. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all. I need some serious help. After a child played with a remote (not sure which remote), I can no longer view a Blu-ray. What happens is the BR loads, is visible for a few seconds then the picture goes to static for a few seconds, then the picture comes back and the cycle repeats. The audio also cycles, but is available during some of the visual static. The menu appears to be available during the static and the movie will play but the cycle continues. I am able to watch DirecTV without issue. I just can't figure WTF button or combination of buttons the kid pressed to get it so messed up. I have a TV:Sharp Aquos LC-60E78UN, AVR:Yamaha RXV-667 and BR:Panasonic DMP-BD85. I could probably convince the wife that I need a newer BR player, but it would suck if the issue were with the TV or AVR.

Any and all help from the AVS brain-trust will be appreciated.

Pent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Re-configure the resolution/24p output using component or composite direct to TV or just do a factory reset.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Killian.ca

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

I appreciate you taking the time out to help a real novice. Your advice worked and I am indebted to you.

Pent
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd85k Wifi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page