Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray Player. - Page 4 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Players > Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray Player.

Blu-ray Players

apw2607's Avatar apw2607
05:13 PM Liked: 206
post #91 of 163
07-27-2013 | Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post

Is there a work around for Cinavia yet on this player? If not, what did everyone upgrade to?

No. Many folks got a Sony or panasonic ... Or went Oppo.
siva1234's Avatar siva1234
06:59 AM Liked: 10
post #92 of 163
09-01-2013 | Posts: 2
Hi members,

I am in Chennai, India. I have SONY STR-K840P (2003 model) which has 5.1 Analog input, but no HDMI. I own Onkyo 5.1 Tower Speaker package SKF 4700. Presently, I am using it with Philips Bluray Player BDP 5200 by Co-axial. The 2D/3D output of this player is good and the sound I am getting from this package is also good to hear for both highs and lows, via co-axial. I don't want to replace the receiver with an HDMI receiver. Few months back, I had a chance to test the Samsung Bluray Player BD E6500 with this package. I found that the sound output via optical from the Samsung Player is far better than Philips BDP. On googling for HD Audio, I came to know that both the co-axial/opticals, output a maximum of 1.5 Mbps only, whereas the HDMI/7.1 Analogs, output full resolution of HD Audio upto 27 Mbps on LPCM. Hence, I want to replace the Philips Player with Samsung BD F7500 which has Analog 7.1 outputs.

Members, pls suggest me whether I can go for BD F7500. Can I experience the difference in audio quality between Co-axial and 7.1 Analog? Is it worth investing Rs.14,000/- on this player to experience HD Audio (Hope BD F7500 will outperform Philips BDP in video quality also) ?

I also came to know that all the AV Receivers on these days which have HDMI input are put into Digital Signal Processing for all HD Audios (DTS HD Master, Dolby True HD, etc.), so that bass and treble management can be added along with sound field modes, like, HD DCS, as experienced in new SONY AV Receivers. Then it is obvious that all the HD Audios are encoded in the Bluray discs in 24 bit / 48 Khz only (not in 24 bit / 96 Khz), so that the AV Receiver can do DSP. Whereas in Analog mode, Bass/Trebles could not be performed. Whatever is coming are just amplified without DSP. The AV Receivers's volume level on Analog inputs compared to HDMI may be less, because of no bass and treble controls. But what I feel is that the quality / uniqueness of Analog Audio might be unaltered and in its pure form. Hello friends, pls post your views whether the above assumption on Analog Audio of mine is correct.

Members, pls share your detailed views on the quality 7.1 Analog output of BD-F7500, if used by anybody.
bestwjs's Avatar bestwjs
11:25 PM Liked: 10
post #93 of 163
09-05-2013 | Posts: 1
If you read the manual,
It says "Your player will not play content that has been recorded on a BD-R or USB device at a bit rate that exceeds 25 Mbps"
Then does it mean it cannot play the burned bd-r discs? I mean the burned bluray source not a file.
Because most of the bluray sources exceeds 25Mbps.
Is anybody tried bd-r disc with bluray source?

add: I wonder about the usb file playback too, it says if exceeds 30mbps it may stutter.
joerod's Avatar joerod
01:47 PM Liked: 117
post #94 of 163
09-17-2013 | Posts: 22,134
This player actually does a very good job with 3D. I have been testing 3D on a few players lately and the 7500 has held its own nicely. I actually like putting it in Dynamic mode which increases brightness without hurting the image. Having Dual HDMI outs is the icing on the cake...
robbie42's Avatar robbie42
06:46 AM Liked: 10
post #95 of 163
09-18-2013 | Posts: 5
Just into my second night of using this new player. I have a smart TV so use all the apps on that so am only using the player for legit shop bought Blu's. I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this player. It turns on very quickly but is quite slow to load a disk. Once a movie starts to play there is a lag in the time it takes fo the picture to appear and it usually kicks in halfway through the studio logo. The chapter skip and fast forward buttons on the remote are very small to. My old player was an LG and it never gave me any grief until I literally wore it out. Things played much quicker on it and from the beginning. The picture quality on the Samsung is quite good but I am having a lot of trouble with the 3D but I think that is because of an evolution upgrade kit I connected to the TV.

For basic movie watching the pic is great but slow to play. Even ejecting disks takes ages. I am thinking of returning it for the latest LG.
EzInKy's Avatar EzInKy
10:10 PM Liked: 10
post #96 of 163
09-20-2013 | Posts: 36
Bought the F7500 yesterday and have been enjoying playing with it. Was pleasantly surprised to find that it could read my portable 4TB USB hard drives! It does only report them as 2TB, but seems to play all the files without difficulty.
EzInKy's Avatar EzInKy
10:19 PM Liked: 10
post #97 of 163
09-22-2013 | Posts: 36
Experienced an interesting glitch today when switching to a DVD from viewing a video from a HDD. Remnants of the video were overlaying the DVD content when I switched to it. Resolved by turning the player off then back on again. Perhaps the programmers didn't code to clear the video buffer?
ltlredwagon's Avatar ltlredwagon
01:13 AM Liked: 10
post #98 of 163
09-24-2013 | Posts: 17
I posted this last week over at the "Help Me Choose" thread. I added an update today over there, but wanted to post here also. My first post was:

I have had a Sony BDP S590 for a few years. Connected with Ethernet cable. Has worked fine for me. I use DSL Extreme - I'm at their 6 MB level which they say is the highest I can get on phone line. Connection is to Denon AVR 2809CI which sends to Sanyo PLVZ2000 projector. HDMI in and out.

Problem is Sony does not offer subtitles for Hulu Plus. It's a well known problem for a few years - Sony doing nothing. My wife has a hearing problem with high frequencies, so we need subtitles.

Today I got the Panasonic BDT230. Now I have the subtitles. Problem is it freezes every few minutes. I have tried it on HD 3.2 and 2.0, and SD 1.0 and 650kb. Still freezes frequently on all resolutions, and audio is out of sync with video when it comes back. Did A-B testing with the old Sony and new Panasonic, back and forth several times. Old Sony never freezes, Panasonic freezes every 2-3 minutes.

If I have to I can pay quite a bit more for a blu-ray player. Just want something that allows for subtitles on Hulu Plus and doesn't freeze.

I got back responses from AVS indicating, yep, Panasonics freeze. I returned the Panasonic and got a Samsung F7500. Went to Hulu Plus and clicked on The Good Wife. Suuuuper slow to load, then started up for 30 seconds, then "Playback Failure". Suggested I check the network connection (no problem), or click on "Retry" (same result). I got on their Tech Support Chat line tonight (I must commend Samsung for having any sort of help at 10:30 at night), and support had me change the DNS settings. No luck.

I'm really a noob, but boy there seems to be a whole world of problems I never knew about with the Sony. I'm tempted to take back the Samsung, but maybe I'll call their tech support tomorrow and see if I can get a live person who might have a solution. I'm sure there is tons of stuff I don't know, but it just seems odd to me that a 2 year-old Sony loads Hulu Plus fast and almost NEVER falters, while a new Panasonic and a new (double the price) Samsung can't go more than a minute or so without crashing.

Maybe someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm obviously doing SOMETHING wrong as there must be lots of people out there who watch Hulu Plus with subtitles and have no problems at all. Seems like either I don't have the right hardware, or I'm not setting up or using the hardware correctly. I've heard of Roku (but don't know anything about it), and I'd rather not have separate Roku and blu-ray, but if there is no single-player solution, and Roku is somehow different and would not have any problems, then I could do that. I could even do Oppo, but I'm sure Oppo owners aren't the only ones enjoying Hulu. Appreciate any suggestions on making the F7500 work.
emidalla's Avatar emidalla
05:51 AM Liked: 10
post #99 of 163
11-08-2013 | Posts: 40
Hi all. According to the BD-F7500 user manual, it seems the player can only playback 2-ch 24bit/96kHz encoded FLAC files. Could you please confirm if 24bit/192kHz and multi-ch files are downsampled/folded or if there is some kind of compatibility issue?

I would also be interested in using the PLEX app and would like to know if 24bit/96kHz FLAC streaming over ethernet/wifi works fine or not.

Thank you very much wink.gif
desray2k's Avatar desray2k
10:37 PM Liked: 11
post #100 of 163
12-18-2013 | Posts: 216

This player does not seem to have a subtitle shift function...hence it posed a problem for anamoprhic (widescreen) viewing. Unlike Oppo, it has a subtitle shift function. I have already reflected this missing feature to Samsung. See whether will there implement it in the firmware update. Though I have to admit, I dun have high hope for this feature to be rolled out though.

S_G7's Avatar S_G7
12:06 AM Liked: 19
post #101 of 163
12-29-2013 | Posts: 53
Does anybody know if Amazon VOD on the BD-F7500 supports subtitles?

Also, does Amazon VOD test the connection and buffer first before streaming? I prefer this method vs. streaming immediately at a low resolution for about the first 60 seconds like on the PS3.

Thanks.
Lyons07's Avatar Lyons07
08:19 PM Liked: 13
post #102 of 163
01-10-2014 | Posts: 338
Hi,
Two questions I need some help with, would be appreciated.

1. I just bought a Denon AVR-X4000. Since this will pass 3d audio, does that mean I only need to hook one HDMI cable through the video on my Bluray player?
2. Once in 3d I don't see anywhere on the front panel that says it's in 3d, like my Samsung BD C7900. Is this correct?

Thanks
teachsac's Avatar teachsac
08:34 PM Liked: 165
post #103 of 163
01-10-2014 | Posts: 4,676
I can answer question 1 as I don't have this player. You only need one HDMI cable from the player. Run it through your Denon.

S~
Lyons07's Avatar Lyons07
08:41 PM Liked: 13
post #104 of 163
01-10-2014 | Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

I can answer question 1 as I don't have this player. You only need one HDMI cable from the player. Run it through your Denon.

S~

Thank you!
Lyons07's Avatar Lyons07
12:50 PM Liked: 13
post #105 of 163
01-12-2014 | Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post

Hi,
One question, I need some help with, would be appreciated.

1. Once in 3d, I don't see anywhere on the front panel that says it's in 3d, like my Samsung BD C7900. Is this correct?

Does this player have a.... 3D DISC INDICATOR on front panel?

Thank you

JJ17's Avatar JJ17
06:57 PM Liked: 10
post #106 of 163
01-12-2014 | Posts: 1

I am struggling with my F7500 for online streaming. After playing for about 10 minutes or less, it will stuck and sometimes quite. Any suggestion to fix? Or is it fixable? thanks, 

leomitch's Avatar leomitch
04:54 PM Liked: 11
post #107 of 163
02-15-2014 | Posts: 6
This is my first post.
Well here you go! I give my Samsung BD-F7500 Smart Blu-ray player a 4 out of 5 stars.biggrin.gif
I also have an OPPO BDP-103 which I just moved out to the living room from my man-cave, so the whole family can enjoy it on my Samsung 6500 Smart TV. I then bought the BD-F7500 for my man-cave as my wife likes to refer to it.
How does it compare to the OPPO. Well, it loads just as fast and the picture it displays is sharp and enjoyable to watch. The sound is pretty darn good. Is it the equal of the OPPO, no, but for the money spent you can't go wrong. If you want a technical review, you will have to wait for someone else since all I want is a player that does a great job and it does. My days of discussing sound stages and noise floors is over. Ar 78 I am not as picky as I used to be nor are my ears as 'audiophilic' as they were! I will tell you that the music that comes out of my Dynaudio speakers after being passed through my Denon 3312ci receiver is very good...not as smooth as the OPPO, but pleasurable. The highs are a little more strident and the bass not as tight, but all in all good stuff Samsung!
Maddening isn't it when I guy just says that he likes it without mentioning distortion levels and signal to noise ratios.
I do not regret buying it one bit and it does surpass the OPPO in one important regard, it is smarter...the number of apps available for it is huge compared to my OPPO player even with its RAKU stick. That's why I moved it out to the living room to be with my Smarter tv. The BD-7500 now has made my old Samsung 32 inch tv in the man-cave smarter. Good trade off! Would I give up my OPPO BDP-103 if I had to keep one or the other player...NO, but I would regret losing this Samsung player. And it is pretty too. My wife likes the look of it better than the OPPO. Your wife probably will too since it is not your usual electronic black.
Forgive me if this is hard to follow, but wait until time catches up with your brain as it has with mine and you will understand. smile.gif

Cheers wink.gif
Leo
StumpyBloke's Avatar StumpyBloke
11:05 AM Liked: 11
post #108 of 163
02-16-2014 | Posts: 107
Hi, is anyone able to comment on the spin noise from the drive when playing a Blu-ray please? My Sony 790 has a high pitched whine when playing any Blu-ray including 3D. Thanks.
Lyons07's Avatar Lyons07
12:38 PM Liked: 13
post #109 of 163
02-16-2014 | Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post

Hi, is anyone able to comment on the spin noise from the drive when playing a Blu-ray please? My Sony 790 has a high pitched whine when playing any Blu-ray including 3D. Thanks.

Mines seems fairly quiet with a 3d in.
01:06 PM Liked: 11
post #110 of 163
02-16-2014 | Posts: 6
Quote:

Mine is also very quiet and free from spin noises. Having the OPPO to compare it to, I am impressed.

Leo
Lyons07's Avatar Lyons07
01:07 PM Liked: 13
post #111 of 163
02-16-2014 | Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomitch View Post

Mine is also very quiet and free from spin noises. Having the OPPO to compare it to, I am impressed.

Leo

I'm happy with it so far!!
Jerry
StumpyBloke's Avatar StumpyBloke
02:10 PM Liked: 11
post #112 of 163
02-16-2014 | Posts: 107
Thanks smile.gif
Quote:

Quote:

Leo

JediBry's Avatar JediBry
01:05 PM Liked: 16
post #113 of 163
04-24-2014 | Posts: 37
Quote:

This is my first post.
Well here you go! I give my Samsung BD-F7500 Smart Blu-ray player a 4 out of 5 stars.biggrin.gif
I also have an OPPO BDP-103 which I just moved out to the living room from my man-cave, so the whole family can enjoy it on my Samsung 6500 Smart TV. I then bought the BD-F7500 for my man-cave as my wife likes to refer to it.
How does it compare to the OPPO. Well, it loads just as fast and the picture it displays is sharp and enjoyable to watch. The sound is pretty darn good. Is it the equal of the OPPO, no, but for the money spent you can't go wrong. If you want a technical review, you will have to wait for someone else since all I want is a player that does a great job and it does. My days of discussing sound stages and noise floors is over. Ar 78 I am not as picky as I used to be nor are my ears as 'audiophilic' as they were! I will tell you that the music that comes out of my Dynaudio speakers after being passed through my Denon 3312ci receiver is very good...not as smooth as the OPPO, but pleasurable. The highs are a little more strident and the bass not as tight, but all in all good stuff Samsung!
Maddening isn't it when I guy just says that he likes it without mentioning distortion levels and signal to noise ratios.
I do not regret buying it one bit and it does surpass the OPPO in one important regard, it is smarter...the number of apps available for it is huge compared to my OPPO player even with its RAKU stick. That's why I moved it out to the living room to be with my Smarter tv. The BD-7500 now has made my old Samsung 32 inch tv in the man-cave smarter. Good trade off! Would I give up my OPPO BDP-103 if I had to keep one or the other player...NO, but I would regret losing this Samsung player. And it is pretty too. My wife likes the look of it better than the OPPO. Your wife probably will too since it is not your usual electronic black.
Forgive me if this is hard to follow, but wait until time catches up with your brain as it has with mine and you will understand. smile.gif

Cheers wink.gif
Leo

Leo, I'm coming from a Sony BDP-S5100. I am planning on pairing a new BDP with a Samsung 65F8000 (first non-Sony TV I have ever owned). Would you recommend this BD-7500 or the Oppo BDP-103 more? I have read several audiophile reviews about the Oppo's and have no doubt they are fantastic, but will I notice a difference for twice the price of the BD-7500?

03:13 PM Liked: 11
post #114 of 163
04-24-2014 | Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBry View Post

Leo, I'm coming from a Sony BDP-S5100. I am planning on pairing a new BDP with a Samsung 65F8000 (first non-Sony TV I have ever owned). Would you recommend this BD-7500 or the Oppo BDP-103 more? I have read several audiophile reviews about the Oppo's and have no doubt they are fantastic, but will I notice a difference for twice the price of the BD-7500?

That is a hard question to answer, but I will try in my own subjective way.
First off the build quality of the OPPO is superb. Everything about it screams quality. Sonically the OPPO is excellent but the Samsung is close behind. To my ears when playing back the CD's I have been playing for years, the OPPO seems to me to sound richer and better focused. The Samsung is very good too. My almost 80 year old ears tell me that the OPPO's voice is the richer of the two, but to be honest, you might think they are the same. When playing movies, I hear no difference. They both will knock your socks off!
As for the video quality, again I have to say it is dang close, but the OPPO loads much faster.
There has been a debate for years whether this or that component is better, but the answers always are purely subjective. I think the case and the inner components for the OPPO are of higher quality, but to be sure the Samsung is a good machine which seems to lack only in the lesser build of the cabinet and the fact the components are not hand picked and matched.
One place where the Samsung stands proud is the fact it is Smart and therefore has more apps available to you than the OPPO. And the OPO needs a Roku stick to get any kind of variety.The whole program of apps for the Samsung is very flexible and rich. The OPPO has some good programs too, but only a few and sometimes when the apps are updated, the Samsung handles that with ease and grace, where the OPPO has to wait for a firmware update, meanwhile you are left with, for example right now, I can't load Cinema Now. They have updated their software and the OPPO has not. The Samsung is merrily playing My Library whenever I want!
So I have to say, that if I had my druthers now, I would get the Samsung and use the extra $200+ to buy me a new set of Sennheiser HD 650 headphones, well...almost but close. Again. if I was to be sent to a desert island and could only bring one player, it would be the OPPO...partially because it is sturdier and partially because my brain tells me that is the right one...and it does this purely subjectively.
Save your money! Buy the Samsung! Sigh! Now I feel like a traitor. LOL!

Cheers
Leo
JediBry's Avatar JediBry
03:26 PM Liked: 16
post #115 of 163
04-24-2014 | Posts: 37

Haha, thanks, Leo for all the great input. I think you have helped make my decision for now. I really appreciate it!

teckademic's Avatar teckademic
07:44 AM Liked: 52
post #116 of 163
04-28-2014 | Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBry View Post

Haha, thanks, Leo for all the great input. I think you have helped make my decision for now. I really appreciate it!

I'll second Leo's opinion and say where you will notice a major difference will be if you use the analog outputs, with the OPPO being far superior. My brother owns an OPPO and I borrowed his for comparison and then gave him a blind test for picture quality and he couldn't tell the difference. I then did another blind test for sound through HDMI and again, he couldn't tell which was which. Then we tested the analog outputs and you could tell right away which was which with OPPO being far superior. Aside from Samsung having more apps and inferior sound quality through analog, there's nothing else much different that I could tell between the two. The blind test helped me a lot in my decision and haven't regretted since.
JediBry's Avatar JediBry
09:34 AM Liked: 16
post #117 of 163
04-28-2014 | Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

I'll second Leo's opinion and say where you will notice a major difference will be if you use the analog outputs, with the OPPO being far superior. My brother owns an OPPO and I borrowed his for comparison and then gave him a blind test for picture quality and he couldn't tell the difference. I then did another blind test for sound through HDMI and again, he couldn't tell which was which. Then we tested the analog outputs and you could tell right away which was which with OPPO being far superior. Aside from Samsung having more apps and inferior sound quality through analog, there's nothing else much different that I could tell between the two. The blind test helped me a lot in my decision and haven't regretted since.

Awesome. Thanks for that input. Can't wait to hook it up.

Solarius's Avatar Solarius
08:19 AM Liked: 23
post #118 of 163
05-20-2014 | Posts: 520
Anyone know how to definitely ensure that the Samsung BDP is not up converting video? I would rather the set or the AVR do any video conversion, and I'm getting a noticable difference (worse), especially in dark screens when using the F7500. Thanks!
thezman's Avatar thezman
11:55 PM Liked: 10
post #119 of 163
06-22-2014 | Posts: 274
i am considering the f7500 and i know has it with disc and with dlna but can anyone confirm if it has it with direct usb input? i would be fine with the occasional use of a usb drive if needed.

lmk if possible would appreciate it. this player has everything i want aside from at least one option of cinavia free (dlna or usb)

as a side thought what about the f5900 also?

thank you
S Dayton's Avatar S Dayton
12:37 AM Liked: 13
post #120 of 163
06-23-2014 | Posts: 110
I bought the unit a month ago due to the multi channel analog outputs to get some more life out of my current AV receiver. Now the unit is skipping like crazy. The discs are fine and play fine in both of my Panasonic players. I would sent the thing back but I already tossed the box. This is leaving a sour taste in my mouth for Samsung products.
Tags: Samsung Electronics Bd F7500 Blu Ray Disc Player

Gear in this thread - F7500 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Blu-ray Players

Subscribe to this Thread