Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray Player. - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #211 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am officially pulling my hair. I have a Sony xbr55850b. I have a marantz sr5008, and a Samsung bdf-7500. The bd player is fed to the receiver via hdmi and from the receiver to the TV via hdmi. When it is connected this way, in the Samsung menu, I can select if the player will output to UHD. I can also select 24 frame. With my issue of judder jitter whatever, I decided to bypass the receiver (in case there was something in there causing the issue) and go straight to the TV. So, HDMI from Samsung to the Sony. In the Samsung menu, I can no longer select output in UHD, nor can I select 24 frame. The options are there, but greyed out and I can't select or change them. If I connect the cables back to through the receiver, I get the option again. Thinking it might be some odd cable issue, I swapped cables, same thing. In either case, I plug into hdmi 1 on the TV. What am I missing? Shouldn't going straight to the TV still give me the same results?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm assuming your TV is UHD capable?
Also not sure if using HDMI 1 on your TV would make any difference or not, did you try one of the other inputs?
Going straight from the BD7500 to the TV should be giving you all the options
(also you may know this but, HDMI 2 output on the BD7500 is just audio)

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #213 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblahetka View Post
I am officially pulling my hair. I have a Sony xbr55850b. I have a marantz sr5008, and a Samsung bdf-7500. The bd player is fed to the receiver via hdmi and from the receiver to the TV via hdmi. When it is connected this way, in the Samsung menu, I can select if the player will output to UHD. I can also select 24 frame. With my issue of judder jitter whatever, I decided to bypass the receiver (in case there was something in there causing the issue) and go straight to the TV. So, HDMI from Samsung to the Sony. In the Samsung menu, I can no longer select output in UHD, nor can I select 24 frame. The options are there, but greyed out and I can't select or change them. If I connect the cables back to through the receiver, I get the option again. Thinking it might be some odd cable issue, I swapped cables, same thing. In either case, I plug into hdmi 1 on the TV. What am I missing? Shouldn't going straight to the TV still give me the same results?
I am betting you have BD Wise turned On which will grey out the options you mention (UHD Output; Movie Frame (24Fs); and DVD 24Fs Conversion).

Since BD Wise is only applicable to Samsung connected equipment with this feature, this should be turned Off in your case.
Tiki Steve likes this.
post #214 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki Steve View Post
I'm assuming your TV is UHD capable?
Also not sure if using HDMI 1 on your TV would make any difference or not, did you try one of the other inputs?
Going straight from the BD7500 to the TV should be giving you all the options
(also you may know this but, HDMI 2 output on the BD7500 is just audio)
It is a 4k TV and I tried the other hdmi ports with the same results. Sony is going to be sending me a replacement TV as I seem to get judder with everything I throw at it, but if there is something I am overlooking, I'd like to avoid the hassle.
post #215 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
I am betting you have BD Wise turned On which will grey out the options you mention (UHD Output; Movie Frame (24Fs); and DVD 24Fs Conversion).

Since BD Wise is only applicable to Samsung connected equipment with this feature, this should be turned Off in your case.
BD wise is greyed out as well, but it also shows it being off. If I go in from the receiver, I get all the options back.
post #216 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Almost sounds like the BD player isn't getting a proper handshake from the TV (not sure if thats the right terminology), not detecting that its a 4K.
Musician likes this.

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #217 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It is a 4k TV and I tried the other hdmi ports with the same results. Sony is going to be sending me a replacement TV as I seem to get judder with everything I throw at it, but if there is something I am overlooking, I'd like to avoid the hassle.
Quote:
BD wise is greyed out as well, but it also shows it being off. If I go in from the receiver, I get all the options back.
Hmmm. Interesting. Check out the screen print of Page 21 from the BD-F7500 manual (see thumbnail).

It looks exactly like what you are describing when you have the player connected to the TV. It seems the player seems to like being hooked up to your Receiver and recognizes that it is capable of 4K passthrough.

But things get ugly when it is connected directly to the TV and exhibits the symptons that your TV does not support UHD devices.

Here is what the manual says on the next page...

Quote:
UHD Output

This option outputs HDMI video at UHD resolution. This is only available when Movie Frame is set to Auto.

NOTES: To use this feature, you must connect the player to a device that supports UHD resolution and you must have content that plays at 24Fs (film speed).
I have one last thing for you to check. I have a Samsung UHD TV which is capable of displaying 4:4:4 chroma but this does not necessarily apply to every UHD TV on the market.

Under the Display is an option called HDMI Color Format. Make sure you have this set to Auto and not YCbCr(4:4:4).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	650153  
post #218 of 227 Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki Steve View Post
Almost sounds like the BD player isn't getting a proper handshake from the TV (not sure if thats the right terminology), not detecting that its a 4K.
+1
post #219 of 227 Old 04-06-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Hmmm. Interesting. Check out the screen print of Page 21 from the BD-F7500 manual (see thumbnail).

It looks exactly like what you are describing when you have the player connected to the TV. It seems the player seems to like being hooked up to your Receiver and recognizes that it is capable of 4K passthrough.

But things get ugly when it is connected directly to the TV and exhibits the symptons that your TV does not support UHD devices.

Here is what the manual says on the next page...

I have one last thing for you to check. I have a Samsung UHD TV which is capable of displaying 4:4:4 chroma but this does not necessarily apply to every UHD TV on the market.

Under the Display is an option called HDMI Color Format. Make sure you have this set to Auto and not YCbCr(4:4:4).
HDMI Color format is set to Auto. The only thing I can think of is it is the TV itself. I agree, the BD player sees it fine with the receiver connected, so I don't think it's the player, or the cable for that matter. When I have the BD player hooked up through the receiver and to the TV, the TV shows a good amount of judder. If I bypass the receiver, and go straight to the TV, it is greatly reduced. Odd as the receiver is set to pass-through, and not do any enhancements with the image. Sony is sending me a new TV due to the amount of judder I have been experiencing, so hopefully it resolves this issue as well. Unless I am missing something, I think I have ruled everything else out.
post #220 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
7.1 analog vs digital output

I have recently purchased a Samsung BD-F7500. It has 7.1 Analog output and HDMI/Optical digital output. My Onkyo 703 will accept either type of inputs. Which setup is better for AV use? Can I use both?
post #221 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 736
I'd use the HDMI output for A/V purposes. But IMO you should get yourself some inexpensive audio cables (from monoprice.com or your local dollar store), give the m-ch analogue connection a try, compare it to the HDMI connection and go with the set-up that sounds best to you.

-- Edit --
IIRC, something to keep in mind is that using the m-c analogue connection may disable bass management in the AVR. The owner's manual should tell you whether or not this is the case with your AVR.
post #222 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post
I'd use the HDMI output for A/V purposes. But IMO you should get yourself some inexpensive audio cables (from monoprice.com or your local dollar store), give the m-ch analogue connection a try, compare it to the HDMI connection and go with the set-up that sounds best to you.

-- Edit --
IIRC, something to keep in mind is that using the m-c analogue connection may disable bass management in the AVR. The owner's manual should tell you whether or not this is the case with your AVR.
Can I use both? If so, what format should I select for the 7.1 Analog? Also, I hate to show my ignorance, but what is "bass management"?
post #223 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvining View Post
I have recently purchased a Samsung BD-F7500. It has 7.1 Analog output and HDMI/Optical digital output. My Onkyo 703 will accept either type of inputs. Which setup is better for AV use? Can I use both?
Always choose HDMI if your receiver supports it.

Using analog means you have to depending on player to do all the bass management and speaker management because most receivers will bypass all its processing when choose 7.1 analog input.

Using optical means you are limited to PCM 2.0 or DD 5.1/DTS 5.1 lossy formats only.
post #224 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Always choose HDMI if your receiver supports it.

Using analog means you have to depending on player to do all the bass management and speaker management because most receivers will bypass all its processing when choose 7.1 analog input.

Using optical means you are limited to PCM 2.0 or DD 5.1/DTS 5.1 lossy formats only.
Thanks for the responses, I'm real new to a lot of this, so I really appreciate the help. On my old Blu Ray player I used an optical port, and it automatically selected "Dolby PIIx Movie", which is the highest my receiver supports.
post #225 of 227 Unread 05-28-2015, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvining View Post
Thanks for the responses, I'm real new to a lot of this, so I really appreciate the help. On my old Blu Ray player I used an optical port, and it automatically selected "Dolby PIIx Movie", which is the highest my receiver supports.

DPLIIx means it is converting from source that is anywhere from 2.0 to 5.1 channels signals into 7.1 speaker out. Like I mentioned before, if your receiver supports HDMI audio, always use HDMI.
post #226 of 227 Unread Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a little issue with my BD-J7500..
If I use HDMI 2 to connect audio to my Denon Receiver, i only get DTS/DD...no DTSMA or DD true HD. Is there a limitation on HDMI2?
Works fine with HDMI1 but dont want to use it as my receiver is not 3D compatible so:
- HDMI1 to my Benq projector
- HDMI2 to my receiver.

For now I choose LPCM instead of bitstream so I guess the player is doing the DTS MA/DD true HD decoding...

any idea?
post #227 of 227 Unread Today, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Plas View Post
I have a little issue with my BD-J7500..
If I use HDMI 2 to connect audio to my Denon Receiver, i only get DTS/DD...no DTSMA or DD true HD. Is there a limitation on HDMI2?
Works fine with HDMI1 but dont want to use it as my receiver is not 3D compatible so:
- HDMI1 to my Benq projector
- HDMI2 to my receiver.

For now I choose LPCM instead of bitstream so I guess the player is doing the DTS MA/DD true HD decoding...

any idea?
well..don't know why..retry this morning..and now all is fine
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Electronics Bd F7500 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - F7500 by PriceGrabber.com