are blu-ray's region locked? can they be played in PS3 worldwide ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, i was wondering if blu-ray's region locked and can they be played in PS3 worldwide ? are there any restrictions and any things which we need to keep in mind on what type of blu-ray players we need to use/what all can play them ?

tnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankutty View Post

Hi there, i was wondering if blu-ray's region locked and can they be played in PS3 worldwide ? are there any restrictions and any things which we need to keep in mind on what type of blu-ray players we need to use/what all can play them ?

tnx

Some are region coded, not all. You need to be aware of region coding as well as the occasional 50hz content on non-US discs which some US players (like the PS3) will not play.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Certain studios, like Disney and their subsidiaries, always release their BDs region-locked. Warner, Paramount and Universal are not region-locked in my experience. Smaller disc companies like Criterion and Kino are also generally region-locked.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was led to believe by some of my coworkers that PS3's can generally play any type of BD's and are the most flexible type of BluRay players available for consumers. Its true that they are primarily game consoles, but i occasionally try to use them for home entertainment as well.

Was my understanding incorrect about PS3's ?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 349
In the US the PS3 is not region-free, and it does not play 50hz material. I don't know about other countries.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page