Oppo BDP-103/105 Cue Files/Gapless playback support - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 189 Old 04-26-2015, 07:08 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
^ The CUE file looks properly formatted to me. (NOTE to readers: Due to the way the AVS Forum board software strips leading spaces off each line, you need to Quote the post above with the CUE file in it to see the indentation structure of the CUE file. Indents are required for proper parsing of the CUE file.)

What do you have selected in the view choices when you play this CUE file? Those are the choices in the upper right corner of the OPPO media files browser screen. Things like Artist vs. Album, and List vs. Thumbnails.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 04-26-2015, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ The CUE file looks properly formatted to me. (NOTE to readers: Due to the way the AVS Forum board software strips leading spaces off each line, you need to Quote the post above with the CUE file in it to see the indentation structure of the CUE file. Indents are required for proper parsing of the CUE file.)

What do you have selected in the view choices when you play this CUE file? Those are the choices in the upper right corner of the OPPO media files browser screen. Things like Artist vs. Album, and List vs. Thumbnails.
--Bob
Folder View is what comes up when I highlight "Music" and press "OK". That is the view I stick with since I have a separate folder for each composer or Artist and then have subfolders containing the Cue File and FLAC file only for the particular album.
post #183 of 189 Old 04-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ I think you'll have to go to OPPO Tech Support with this one. You aren't doing anything unusual, so this shouldn't be happening. Tech Support typically monitors their email even when the office is closed on weekends and holidays.

While you are waiting, the only thing I can suggest is the general nostrum for whenever the player starts doing something funky: Do a complete Reset. Like this:

1) Remove any disc from the tray.

2) Save your Settings to a USB stick: Setup > Device Setup > Configuration Management

3) Erase Persistent Storage. Then Reset Factory Defaults. It's OK to do the Reset version which preserves account credentials, so you won't have to re-enter those afterwards.

4) Power off the player -- as always, do a normal power off. I.e., don't just cut off wall power suddenly via some sort of external, power management device.

5) Unplug the player from wall power. While still unplugged, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. This is to discharge any residual power and make sure even the lowest level of the player hardware has to reboot afresh.

6) Plug in, power up, and reload your Saved Settings from the USB stick.

7) Power down once more. Settings are saved during the power down cycle.

The only other thing you might want to try is to re-install the current firmware. You can do that by downloading a fresh copy of the version for install from a USB stick. When you power up, if not offered the choice automatically to re-install, you can initiate it from Setup > Device Setup > Upgrade

One other thing that occurs to me, if your OPPO has a "Region Free" hardware modification, consider disconnecting that to see if it is the culprit. You may have to re-install the firmware after disconnecting the 3rd party hardware mod.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #184 of 189 Old 04-26-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
^ I think you'll have to go to OPPO Tech Support with this one. You aren't doing anything unusual, so this shouldn't be happening. Tech Support typically monitors their email even when the office is closed on weekends and holidays.

While you are waiting, the only thing I can suggest is the general nostrum for whenever the player starts doing something funky: Do a complete Reset. Like this:

1) Remove any disc from the tray.

2) Save your Settings to a USB stick: Setup > Device Setup > Configuration Management

3) Erase Persistent Storage. Then Reset Factory Defaults. It's OK to do the Reset version which preserves account credentials, so you won't have to re-enter those afterwards.

4) Power off the player -- as always, do a normal power off. I.e., don't just cut off wall power suddenly via some sort of external, power management device.

5) Unplug the player from wall power. While still unplugged, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. This is to discharge any residual power and make sure even the lowest level of the player hardware has to reboot afresh.

6) Plug in, power up, and reload your Saved Settings from the USB stick.

7) Power down once more. Settings are saved during the power down cycle.

The only other thing you might want to try is to re-install the current firmware. You can do that by downloading a fresh copy of the version for install from a USB stick. When you power up, if not offered the choice automatically to re-install, you can initiate it from Setup > Device Setup > Upgrade

One other thing that occurs to me, if your OPPO has a "Region Free" hardware modification, consider disconnecting that to see if it is the culprit. You may have to re-install the firmware after disconnecting the 3rd party hardware mod.
--Bob
Bob:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I might contact Oppo Tech Support but I am not going to do any resetting. Everything is working great with the OPPO except for this weird cue file glitch. It might have something to do with the audio specs of the multi channel files I am playing. I will experiment tomorrow by creating a cue file from a regular 16 bit 44.1KHz 2 channel source and see what happens. I will report back here. It is not the worst thing in the world if I have to manually press the "Stop" button. Just a slight annoyance.
post #185 of 189 Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnvideo View Post
Hi:

1. After playback has been completed via the Cue File, the player then continues to play the actual FLAC file from the beginning as if there is no Cue File present in the folder. Shouldn't playback stop at the end of the Cue File?
The only way I can get a track or multiple tracks to repeat from the .cue file is if I have the Oppo playback option set to "Repeat 1" or "Repeat All". Make sure you don't have either of those set during playback of your music.
post #186 of 189 Old 04-27-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
The only way I can get a track or multiple tracks to repeat from the .cue file is if I have the Oppo playback option set to "Repeat 1" or "Repeat All". Make sure you don't have either of those set during playback of your music.
No, Repeat has never been selected.

I can see on my TV screen that the actual FLAC file has begun playing after the cue file playback has finished.

I did contact OPPO tech support.

But I will check if this happens today with a normal 16 bit 44.1KHz 2 channel flac file.

Update:

If I play the cue file from the beginning, then when it ends, the actual FLAC file begins playing.

But if I scroll to a track other than the 1st track and play from there to the end, Then Playback Stops and the actual FLAC file does not starting playing. So if I wish to hear the entire album, I guess I should select the FLAC file, not the CUE file. If I then decide to skip to a particular track, I can open the Cue file and starting playing from that track to the end.

Further Update:

I received an email from OPPO tech support stating that both issues I reported to them have been confirmed and that their engineers will be working on having them resolved in a future firmware release.

Last edited by captnvideo; 04-27-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: corrected a typo
post #187 of 189 Old Today, 04:43 AM

Single Cue File - Multiple Flac Files

Hi:

Due to size limitations, I had to break up Bach's Mass in B Minor into two FLAC files. However, I would like them played continuously. Is there a way I can combine two cue files into one and, if so, is it a simple matter of copying the 2nd cue file into the 1st cue file immediately after the last track?

Thank you.

captnvideo
post #188 of 189 Old Today, 05:12 AM
Read the FAQ!

You can't simply append the 2nd Cue file, because the preliminary lines at the start of the Cue file can only be entered once.

But you can add the File and Track lines from the 2nd Cue file to the end of the first and that will work -- i.e., one Cue file referencing Tracks from more than one Flac file. Note that the transition between the two Flac files will not be Gapless, so consider that when you decide where to make the break between the two files.

I suspect you'll also need to manually edit the Track numbers in the added lines from the 2nd file to not have duplicates with the Track lines from the first file.

Maintain the indentation structure so that the File and Track lines you add are still indented.
--Bob

post #189 of 189 Old Today, 06:58 AM

Quote:
You can't simply append the 2nd Cue file, because the preliminary lines at the start of the Cue file can only be entered once.

But you can add the File and Track lines from the 2nd Cue file to the end of the first and that will work -- i.e., one Cue file referencing Tracks from more than one Flac file. Note that the transition between the two Flac files will not be Gapless, so consider that when you decide where to make the break between the two files.

I suspect you'll also need to manually edit the Track numbers in the added lines from the 2nd file to not have duplicates with the Track lines from the first file.

Maintain the indentation structure so that the File and Track lines you add are still indented.
--Bob
Bob:

Thanks so much. It worked perfectly. I just had to re-number the tracks from the 2nd flac file.

I would never separate a FLAC file where the tracks contained continuous music. So gapless certainly is not a problem.

Have a great day.

captnvideo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105 , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player