OPPO BDP-103 No Audio from HDMI Output 1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-08-2013, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BDP-103 Output HDMI 1 directly into my older Sharp LC-65D64U HDTV provides only video, no audio. BDP-103 HDMI Output 2 however works correctly and provides both audio & video. The HDTV however works/worked fine with inputs from 1st generation Panasonic and past generation 3D Sony Blu-ray players, Dish Network & Directv STB's, 2 Roku's, etc. I contacted OPPO support and they had me try several workarounds but none worked except the last one. They finally had me put HDMI output 1 into another HDTV (small Sharp LC-19D45U) and the audio then worked. So now when I contact them, they are sure to say there is nothing wrong with the BDP-103. BTW, TOSLINK works fine into a sound bar with output 1,

Questions:

I plan on buying a new HDTV to replace the LC-65D64U. I was looking at the Panasonic TC-65vt50 but will probably wait for its replacement to come to market and the price to drop toward the end of this year. My concern of course is, will HDMI Output 1 work correctly with the new generation of HDTVs? Is this problem only isolated to the LC-65D4U and perhaps similar HDTV generations? Since I bought the BDP-103 only 5 days ago, as an option I can always return it to A
. While I have yet to setup my recently acquired Yamaha RX-V773, I will want to use the speakers in the HDTV for most non-movie programming. BTW, HDMI Output 1 is the only one that provides the QDEO processing so using # 2 is not an option. Thanks for knowledgeable and experienced responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Mods ask that all questions and comments go in the official player thread. You will get more views and responses there.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread/7530

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 5 Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I guess "reply" is the only way to stay in the official forum even though one is not responding to the previous post. I placed this issue in the official forum as suggested.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by red hazard View Post

Thanks. I guess "reply" is the only way to stay in the official forum even though one is not responding to the previous post. I placed this issue in the official forum as suggested.

You might add you thoughts to this thread in the Forum Operations Center: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1423452/people-starting-new-threads-instead-of-replying-to-old-one

Point out that having a button called "Start a New Thread" while you are reading a thread is confusing. No one ever wants to do that.

-Bill
post #5 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

I fixed the no audio with BDP-103 HDMI output 1 by updating the Sharp HDTV LC-65D64U firmware. Note that the official BDP-103 forum is really cluttered up with a lot of replies to different subjects.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page