Yamaha BD-A1020 and video files playback from NAS/Media Server - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems that there are some issues with Yamaha BD-A1020 playing video files from a DLNA NAS box. It has been reported on German forums that the player needs quite some time to read data from an .AVI file stored on a NAS drive and while it is doing so everything is frozen - you cannot select any other file until the player finishes reading the previous one. So if you have, say 10 .AVI files is a directory and would like to go to the 6th one to play it, you would have to wait about 5-10 minutes as the player goes through each of the first 5, reading data from each and only then you can get to the file you want and play it. I have experienced exactly the same issue. This is very annoying and I have not figured out how to get around this issue. However this does not happen with .MKV files and you can scroll down the files list in seconds and play the one you want. Does anyone else with BD-A1020 have experienced this issue?
Another peculiarity in playing video files (I have tried with AVI and MKV) from an external source is that the Pause button does not work - basically I cannot pause the playback of the video file, the only option is to stop the playback but than you get to the folder list - not something you would want to do in a middle of a 2-hour movie. Is it just me or other people have experience that with their BD-A1020?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-09-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I could have sworn there was a general BD-A1020 thread here, but I guess this is the thread I saw. Anyway: When using the 1010, I'm aware that the manual says that when playing from USB sticks, they should be formatted using FAT16 or FAT32. For the most part, I am pretty successful using it with the NTFS file system. My only problem is the player not recognizing WAVs. If I use the NTFS file system, will the player recognize WAVs? If not, then the manual messed up saying that the 1010 will play WAVs. Will the 1020 play WAVs whether the FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS file system is used? My 9" Philips BD portable uses a MediaTek CPU and it doesn't recognize them either. So far, the only two players I got to play WAVs were a Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD via burning them to disc and my 9" Sony portable BD player via USB with the NTFS file system.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Blu Ray Player Black Bd A1020
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page