My Sony BDP-S790 Stops responding to the remote sometime during playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Sony BDP-S790. I have a remote for it, along with a Harmony that I actually use to power everything in my setup. My Sony player routinely stops responding to remote control (any remote, any button) after watching a blue-ray for a while. I can't tell when it actually happens but I always notice when I try to puase a movie, and I can't. I can't do anything. This is odd because the player reponds just fine to start the movie. The 'hard' buttons on the player respond just fine. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Do I have a bum player? Is there some sort of heat interferance? I have it above my AMP and it isn't overly well ventilated but that seems like a reach.

Any help or insight would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Sounds like IR interference possibly from your TV. Try moving the player back a bit and check the dynamic backlight settings on your TV. Turning this off can reduce IR noise from the screen. Such noise isn't bad when you first start, but gets worse as the TV warms up. Masking tape over the IR window of the player is another way to cut IR interference.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Liked: 10
having the same issue. BDP-S790 - REMOTE WORKS fine before movie loads. once movie loads it stops responding to the remote. only way to get the remote working again is to turn off the unit and start over. Works fine with DVD but not with BluRay. Movies that worked before are not working and I have the latest firmware loaded.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Does the sony remote app also quit working?
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2013, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Glad someone else has experienced this. The blue ray is under the tv a fair bit inside the cabinet in which the tv sits on. It is a Panasonic st50 and does make some heat.... I have not tried the app. I'll do that next!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-19-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

It's been a while, but I got back to testing this. The Sony remote app does continue to work, wihich I guess implies a IR remote issue.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , Sony Open Box Bdp S790 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page