Playing music files from external hard drive on OPPO 93 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been trying to play music files using the USB input. The only problem I am having is that every now and then, the music pauses( less than a half second) and it almost sounds like a skip on a cd. I know the source files are good. Is there a limit to size of hard drive that can be used? The drive I am using is 200GB IDE drive in an external case. Would this work better with a faster SATA drive? The files I am playing are in folders with the album name and the songs are in the FLAC format. Has anyone had the same issue and if so were you able to find a solution? t. Any other other ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicthunk View Post

I have been trying to play music files using the USB input. The only problem I am having is that every now and then, the music pauses( less than a half second) and it almost sounds like a skip on a cd. I know the source files are good. Is there a limit to size of hard drive that can be used? The drive I am using is 200GB IDE drive in an external case. Would this work better with a faster SATA drive? The files I am playing are in folders with the album name and the songs are in the FLAC format. Has anyone had the same issue and if so were you able to find a solution? t. Any other other ideas? Thanks.

Welcome to AVSForum.

Please post this sort of question in the BDP-93 owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291855/official-oppo-bdp-93-owners-thread

Maximum HD size on the -93 is 2TB. USB is fast enough.

Have you tried different devices? As a test, I would try a thumb drive, which are usually trouble free (although they do fail from time to time).

-Bill
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page