Newbie looking for setup advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello… I just got my Oppo 103 and so far am very pleased, only got it yesterday so installed it and did some playing around, picture seemed to be much improved over the standard LG offering I was using before. I do have a question I hope someone can help with, lots of info on the forum and in the FAQ which I am still working though so if the answer is already out there just a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

I have a non 3D receiver (Onkyo SR674) and an Infocus IN72 projector (should get my new Epson 5020 next month), so cabled the Oppo HDMI out directly to the projector and then took my receiver HDMI out to the Oppo back HDMI in port. This way I can still watch my movies from my PC media player and legacy UK DVD player through the receiver. I also needed the Oppo for its 7.1 RCA out as the Onkyo SR674 needs that to drive my 7.1 speakers and will not do it correctly if using digital optic out of the Blu-ray. Longer term my plan was to have the receiver connected to one of the two HDMI ports on the projector and put the Oppo on the second HDMI using the Epson.

My question would be, is this the right solution and a supported one at that? I am far from being an expert in this area and the fact that you can set-up speakers/picture on the receiver and the Oppo and also do picture adjustment on the projector makes my head hurt…. So I may have got this connectivity logic all messed up!

I would also be very interested in any links or pointers to being able to rip Blu-ray (2D and 3D) for play back on the Oppo. I am old school DVD so I have that sorted but seems like Blu-ray changes everything lol. When I rip my DVD’s to my media server I do it at full quality and want the same from the Blu-ray, not interested in compressing or anything like that which I thought was the ISO type of rip but not sure how to use that with the Oppo or if I should even try.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Mods ask that all posts go in the official player thread. Please post all questions there.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 3 Old 05-07-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yes Sorry, I think I was hitting the wrong button, new thread rather than reply, please delete this one.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Onkyo Tx Sr674 7 1 Channel Up Converting A V Receiver Black , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page