blu-ray stream server? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a nice home network, both wired and wireless. unfortunately, netflix often gets out of sync on audio/video, so blu-ray is really my only good source of HD content that I want to watch.

is there a blu-ray player that can be hooked up to the network and stream the blu-ray content to my other devices---laptops, tablets, DLNA clients, etc? I presume the answer is no because of the DRM, but I wanted to ask to make sure. I do not want to set up a HTPC...my life is too short to tinker with yet another device. I want a player I just connect which works...possible?

regards,

/iaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Liked: 32
No...and BD is still the only good way to get HD. What are you using to stream Netflix?
post #3 of 4 Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
sony vaio i5 vpcse running windows 7.

the content providers are trying to kill blu-ray. between the terrible interfaces on many blurays (such as forgetting about where one stopped last time---must be a software feature, because it works on others), the long restart process when one accidentally hits stop, the HDCP buglets with one device is switched on before the other in the wrong order, the long copyright warnings at the start, the undesirable advertising previews after I have paid for the content, now I add the inability to stream across the house. I can see why a good part of the public has decided to just download decrypted content for free over the internet instead. I buy all my content, but it really makes one wonder...

/iaw
post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM

Liked: 32
They can TRY but ultimately will be unsuccessful. Streaming is far from prime time yet. It is improving, but with streaming "HD" being no better than upconverted DVD at best, it will be some time.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page