OPPO 103/105 and SACD-R - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-24-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With a few weeks with my player out of the box... Baffled!!! Considering the good and bad sense of the word.
Now with the new firmware disabling the playback capability of SACD-R discs, I would like to hear some suggestions to still playback my SACD-R disc's contents...
I tried to use the sacd_extract to get one file per track, but my player only accepted to playback DSD files (-c option of sacd_extract).
There are some way to playback DST instead of DSDs?
I also tried to extract in the same format the Edited Master File from the image and corresponded .cue file.
Something like to use dsdmerge to obtain only on dff file for all music tracks since the cuesheet pointing to more than one file is not implemented yet.
After fixed the .cue file (the native format generated by the sacd_extract isn't compatible with what the player expect), to my suprise ... no playback too.

Track files extracted from ISO images in DSD format are too big everybody know this.
What to do?

Are all SACD-R content's in all countries illegal copies?
I guess that this new prohibition (from the chipset manufacturer as said the OPPO support) considered this true.

Well, no matter what this new prohibition are trying to fix ... The most interesting, was my first experience with my 105. Proud to show my new toy to my friend, that brought to me some SACD-R to test, I was able to playback some beautifully. But after I updated the firmware ... no more, just only commercially mastered discs.

I just perceived what ocurred two days after, trying to figure out what occurred looking in forums. When I asked to the OPPO support the news was confirmed.

C'est la vie "online"!

Understanding that complex products are no perfect ... Thinking in the purpose of firmware updates as solution to the perfection... Now, this resource, in addition to fix problems, implement new features, enhance the product performance, can (unbelievable !)... remove and restrict features also... So, you will never know what capabilities has what you bought.

I'm not doing critics to this state-of-the-art product ... The product support is wonderful fast and are helping me to take the most of my player ... and the product itself has every announced characteristics. OPS ... :-)

Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
You might try reasking in the Oppo thread. Lots of discussion already there.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page