Confirm SMB/CIFS support on LG BD670, BD690? - AVS Forum
Blu-ray Players > Confirm SMB/CIFS support on LG BD670, BD690?
Reedbeta's Avatar Reedbeta 11:12 PM 05-29-2013
I'm looking for a new living room solution for playing blu-rays and video files from my PC (avi, mkv, mp4 etc.). I heard that some LG blu-ray players have Samba/CIFS support, which would be magical. But most of the articles/threads I've found about this refer to the BD570 / BD590, which aren't sold anymore apparently. I'm thinking of getting a BD670 or 690, but CIFS isn't listed any longer in their spec sheets. Yet I've seen threads online that imply the BD670/690 still have CIFS.

Can anyone confirm that the BD670/690 have CIFS support?

For the BD690, which has an internal hard drive, can it act as a CIFS server and let you connect to the internal hard drive from your PC? Or does it only function as a CIFS client, letting you download stuff from a shared folder on your PC?

Alternatively, are there any other blu-ray players with CIFS support out there? I found the OPPO BDP-103, but that's quite a bit more expensive.

Reedbeta's Avatar Reedbeta 11:32 AM 05-31-2013
Never mind. I ended up getting a used PS3 for blu-rays and games, then I went with a WD TV Live Hub for a media player, which does appear to have a built-in Samba server.
Tags: Lg Bd670 3d Wireless Network Blu Ray Disc Player With Smart Tv , Lg Bd690 3d Wireless Network Blu Ray Disc Player With Smart Tv And 250gb Hard Drive
Up
Mobile  Desktop