Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB (USB 3.0)
Oppo BDP-93 Bluray Player

I have lots of Bluray movies on my Seagate drive. Up until recently, I plugged into my Oppo, it was recognized, and I went to the Video folder and started watching movies. Today, I plugged it in and it is no longer recognized. I get what appears to be a notification that a USB device is plugged in, but then "no device" when I go to the same Video folder on the Oppo as I did before. For whatever reason, my Seagate FreeAgent 640 gb portable drive (USB 2.0) works fine.

I'm wondering if there is a system file or folder that came installed with the Seagate Backup Plus that might have been corrupted or accidentally deleted. I spoke with Seagate tech support today and they told me there are no such files/folders. The only meaningful suggestion I got was that my Oppo might not be compatible with USB 3.0, but why did it work previously if that is the case?

Nevertheless, I can't figure out why the drive doesn't work with my Oppo when it did only a week ago. For troubleshooting, I reset the Oppo to factory default, and also checked for software/firmware updates but there are none.

The partition style is MBR, and there's no reference to either NTFS, exFAT or FAT32. I spoke with an Oppo rep who thought, because it's a 4 TB drive, it must be GBT - but it's not.

I can see it fine when it's connected to a Windows computer. It just is not "mounting" (the Oppo rep's term) when I connect to the Bluray player. I also just tried connecting the Seagate to a less expensive, but brand new, Samsung Bluray player and it was not recognized, either.

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Please pursue this in the BDP-93 owner's thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291855/official-oppo-bdp-93-owners-thread

I always thought 2TB partitions were the maximum size for MBR, but someone posted details on a scheme where larger sizes were supported on Windows. I forget the details.

What happens when you run chkdsk with repair on the device?

-Bill
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page