Oppo BDP-105/103 setup question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been thinking of purchasing either the Oppo BDP-105 OR 103. I am mainly interested in it to play SACD and HDCD's, but I'm sure I'll watch Blue-rays on it as well. I currently do not have a receiver and have a Samsung HT-D6500W surround sound system in one room and then an old Sony sound bar in the other (HTCT 100 I believe). I wanted to know if its possible to connect to the Oppo to the Samsung system via HDM it play music or if it would be better to connect it to the sound bar. I may purchase a receiver in the future, but at this time, would the Oppo BDP-105 or 103 be the better purchase for what I am looking for, based on the the basic setup I have? Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
The 103 would be the better choice for you. The main advantage of the 105 are superior audio DACs, which only come into play if you use analog audio connections. If you use HDMI, both players will perform the same, and the 105 won't be worth more than twice the price of the 103 for you. Plus, unless you have a really good audio system, you won't hear the difference any way, even if using analog audio outs.

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105