Need advice on a weird color/brightnexx glitch while watching a Bluray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was watching Cowboys and Aliens earlier today and came across a glitch in the video that I've only previously seen in one of my Indiana Jones blurays but chalked it up to an error on the disk. Now I'm not so sure. I don't know what to call it so I recorded my screen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pijmebjq5ovl5/2013-06-16%2019.23.40.mov
This is repeatable by rewinding the video and playing it again. Both times this issue showed up in outdoor scenes. My TV is a basic Sharp TV with no fancy postprocessing that I can control. Its a Class level generic set. The only automatic anything is an autobacklight dimmer that I turned off. Any help in isolating the issue would be a big help. My player is a Sony BDP-360 with the latest firmware. Perhaps a failing HDMI cable or setting in the player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2013, 04:08 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeVsFaN1830x View Post

I was watching Cowboys and Aliens earlier today and came across a glitch in the video that I've only previously seen in one of my Indiana Jones blurays but chalked it up to an error on the disk. Now I'm not so sure. I don't know what to call it so I recorded my screen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pijmebjq5ovl5/2013-06-16%2019.23.40.mov
This is repeatable by rewinding the video and playing it again. Both times this issue showed up in outdoor scenes. My TV is a basic Sharp TV with no fancy postprocessing that I can control. Its a Class level generic set. The only automatic anything is an autobacklight dimmer that I turned off. Any help in isolating the issue would be a big help. My player is a Sony BDP-360 with the latest firmware. Perhaps a failing HDMI cable or setting in the player?

Welcome to AVSForum.

A new cable would be the easiest thing to try and I would do that first.

Otherwise, I would suspect the Sharp is in some goofy mode. The problem is always the solarization effect in a low-contrast background like the sky?

Have you used a calibration disc? Could be that getting the basic settings into non-default shape could reduce or eliminate the issue.

-Bill
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well seems i found the problem. It was in the bluray player.

This was set to AUTO. Guess the player was picking the wrong one.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S360 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S360 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page