Which Blu Ray players have excellent usb flash drive music support? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had three blu-ray players (panasonic, LG, LG), and playing music from a USB flash drive leaves a lot to be desired. It's like supporting music/files/folders/playlists/etc is an after thought with the most rudimentary of functionality.

I searched but there are no keywords that will lead to a concise post. So, if you have a Blu-ray player that you think has an excellent interface for playing music from attached usb drives (disk or flash), PLEASE add your 2 cents worth here!

Thanks!

Obeck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 43
The Oppo 105 plays them superbly, and if you install the new firmware, it will play multi-channel DSD files, the highest resolution available (2.8224Mbits/sec!). It plays 2-track DSD files without the update. I only have a handful of files on a USB drive, so I can't speak to the way it deals with play lists. I do not, however, have any problem finding the files I want. I do understand that the 105 leaves something to be desired when it's connected to a network and it plays files from one's computer. You need CUE file to make sense out of the playlists in that case.
OPPOrtunist likes this.

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page