ps3 superslim hdmi 720/1080i/1080 not working properly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have a ps3 superslim wich I tried to connect to my Samsung led HDTV, the ps3 works with the hdmi cable, but for some reason the ps3 recognizes 567p as the highest available resolution. When I set 720p as resolution the screen flickers at the bottom and with 1080i/1080 the screen even rips and goes blank every few seconds. Does anybody now what could cause this before I buy a totally new hdmi cable (its the only thing I can come up with)..mad.gif.
EDIT:
I turned of the deepcolour option and now the ps3 properly displays 720p and 1080i, however 1080p is still flickering when selected, but not as bas as first. I now doubt the problem is the hdmi cable. Could there be another ps3 or tv setting that is preventing the 1080p resolution from displaying right?? I would like to play at the highest resolution ( the game supports it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
At first I was surprised that the Deep Color setting could cause flickering, but apparently it's known to happen. That said, the 24Hz setting is also apparently capable of causing this...you might want to see if that's enabled and switch it off as a test. After that, perhaps swapping HDMI ports on your TV just to eliminate that side of things...and after that you're pretty much down to the cable or some sort of gonzo hardware issue.

...and I need your sweet love, Latina T-Mobile girl!

post #3 of 5 Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

I tried all three hdmi ports, 1 and 2 the same result and 3 worse. The 24hz option in videosettings was set at automatic but changing that had no effect unfortunately. Is it important for you to know that my pc, when connected with the hdmi cable to the tv, displays 1080 without problems?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Get new HDMI cables. PS3 is known to very sensitive to HDMI cable quality on 1080p.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

It turned out to be the hdmi cable thank you very much foxbat and Bill for the temporary solution!!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page