HDMI Inputs on BR Players? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello i need some help before buying home theater, the model is samsung ht-e5550 and i have samsung es6100 led tv, that bluray home theater have 2 hdmi inputs, so my question is what are they for because i intend connect br player and led tv with pc and xbox to hear that 5.1 sound, so my question is can i connect pc from my graphic card with hdmi to br player input and then br player from hdmi output to led tv hdmi input, or do i really need av receiver to see video on led tv, what's the point then of those two hdmi inputs on br player? i red on this article in point 2. that if br player have built in video processing abilities that we just connect for example xbox to br player and br player to led tv and then we have picture on led tv and sound in home theater, is that true, have anyone try this and how would i know will br home theater have built in video processing? it' s this article: http://hometheater.about.com/od/blurayonlyfaqs/f/Why-Do-Some-Blu-ray-Disc-Players-Have-Hdmi-Inputs-faq-6a.htm

p.s. i ask this mainly because i want connect pc from graphic card with hdmi to bluray player input and then from bluray blayer from hdmi out directly to led tv input and want to know is it possible?

thx smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 477
You should be able to just plug your computer's HDMI output into one of the E5500's HDMI inputs.

What you have is a "Home Theater in a Box", not a Blu-ray player. It's (sort of) the equivalent of a receiver which happens to have a Blu-ray player built into it.
lol24 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #3 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Should work, However, your question about that particular system would be best asked in the Home theater in a Box forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/109/home-theater-in-a-box

S~
lol24 likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thank you very much to both of you and i'm so sorry about posting in wrong section :/
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Ht E5500w Htib 5 1 Ch 3d Blu Ray 1000 Watts Home Theater System , Samsung Un60es6100 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page