DLNA from PC to Bluray player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-24-2013, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How are you guys setting up DLNA on your PC?
Ideally, I would like to share a couple of movie folders on my pc and have them viewable on the bluray player.

I currently have a The Pioneer BDP-62FD, but also have a sony bluray player as well and neither see the shared folders I have setup on my pc. Do I need to use external software?

Help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

I ask this because I used to have a LG bluray player before it broke and it saw my network files and folders on my PC without me having to setup anything.

thanks!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-24-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Shared folders are not the same as DLNA. LG and Panasonic can see network shares, but Sony cannot. It only works via DLNA. You can use Windows Media Player as a DLNA server (which is absolutely terrible) or any number of 3rd party DLNA servers. I think Serviio works best with Sony. If you insist on using just network shares, you'll need different players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I have a Panasonic 230 (around $130) and it sees my photo and video shares on my PC and displays them very well. (There was a new firmware update in the last week that made everything work better.) You have to specify the server by IP address, so you'll want to set it up with a fixed IP address.

It also works very well with DLNA for audio. I'm using Asset UPnP (from the dbPoweramp folks) and it plays everything I have tried, including 96 and 192 kHz audio and 5.1 surround sound as well. The only negative is that it's not a gapless player, so when listening to a live album, or something like Dark Side of the Moon, there is a short silence between tracks that sounds stupid. I'm hoping they'll fix that in the next firmware update.

Mike
post #5 of 7 Old 08-24-2013, 06:12 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 725
I use the Plex media server and every WiFi connected device that accesses my network can access the media server. All three of my BD players can access it. It is free. That's a bargain. You should be able to do the same thing with XBMC which is also free.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I would really prefer shared folders, but doesn't look like my bluray players can do that. I'll look into Plex and Serviio .
Thanks!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-27-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
LG uses Nero mediahome, works great on any device/player
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Panasonic Dmpbdt230 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread