Old Sony BDP S590 vs. New Panasonic DMP BDT230 - Hulu Plus FREEZE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-20-2013, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not too knowledgeable in these areas so hoping to get some help.

I have had a Sony BDP S590 for a few years. Connected with Ethernet cable. Has worked fine for me. I use DSL Extreme - not their cheapest version and not their fastest. Somewhere in between. Problem is Sony does not offer subtitles for Hulu Plus. It's a well known problem for a few years - Sony doing nothing. My wife has a hearing problem with high frequencies, so we need subtitles.

Today I got the Panasonic BDT230. Now I have the subtitles. Problem is it freezes every few minutes. I have tried it on HD 3.2 and 2.0, and SD 1.0 and 650kb.
Still freezes frequently on all resolutions, and audio is out of sync with video when it comes back. Did A-B testing with the old Sony and new Panasonic -- old Sony never freezes, Panasonic freezes every few minutes.

If I have to I can pay quite a bit more for a blu-ray player. Just want something that allows for subtitles on Hulu Plus and doesn't freeze. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know, otherwise I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 129
If you are asking about the 230 please use the dedicated thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463719/official-panasonic-dmp-79-89-230-330-owners-thread-2013

If you are looking for a new player, please use the dedicated Help Me Choose a Player thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/959985/official-help-me-choose-a-player-thread-cant-decide-start-here

Thanks,

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Panasonic Dmpbdt230 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - S590 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page