Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Comcast & Sweet Spot in the same paragraph eek.gif

LOL biggrin.gif

Me 

I know. I'm a FIOS exile - living in a complex surrounded by FIOS service that is exclusive Comcast. Don't get me started mad.gif.
post #3333 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

If you're using Windows 8.1, you won't be able to access SMB shares from the Oppo - I don't believe anyone has reported success with this yet. If you're being prompted for a password, you're most likely trying to access a SMB share as DLNA typically doesn't require passwords (outside of parental controls, which I'm not sure Oppo supports and many DLNA servers, such as JRiver Media Center, don't support). So most likely, you're accessing your music via DLNA and attempting to access your videos via SMB. To resolve that, look into making your videos available via DLNA and you should be all set. Rather than using the built-in facilities in Windows, I'd suggest going with a better DLNA server such as oShare (free) or JRiver Media Center (not free).

I have JRiver Media Center 19.0.121 installed on a Windows 8.1 desktop. The program sees the Oppo 103D as a Digital Media Render. In JRiver, I select the Oppo as my player. I stream DSD & Flac files from a ReadyNAS Pro 4 server (SMB) connected to a wired Ethernet to the Oppo, The Oppo is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer SC-1522 -K a/v receiver. I also access my music from my iPad using Jremote. It is pretty neat..
post #3334 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I just received a Region 0 DVD. What will I need to do to get this disc to play on my 103D? TIA

post #3335 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayertonsenna View Post

I just received a Region 0 DVD. What will I need to do to get this disc to play on my 103D? TIA

Region 0 means "all region". It should work on any player. Are you getting an error message?

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3336 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Where I live there is no choice , it`s either Comcast or nothing rolleyes.gif

I am surrounded by pine trees and have no clear view for a sat.

I feel your pain rolleyes.gif

Later ,

G. 
post #3337 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedRon View Post

I installed my new BDP-103D yesterday and everything I have tried so far seems to work fine, except...
I had been able to access my network for music just fine, but when I try to access videos through the network, it asks for a username and password.
I tried my Microsoft account password, email address and media sharing password. I tried my router SSID and password. I tried my router admin login.

The oppo is connected to my Netgear N router via ethernet and other network functions were working. Also connected to the network are my Windows HTPC via ethernet, which I am trying to access, DirecTV Genie, Onkyo TX-NR 808 AVR, and my laptop via WiFi. I have two different icons available for each of the PC's. One looks like a network device icon of some kind. The other looks like two little desktop computers. ... 10 minutes.... Now it won't let me at the music either.

What is going on? What the heck password is it looking for? TIA
I have the same problem with some of my network shares. They are all NAS drives and none of them have passwords set. Some work without asking for a login, and others ask for a login which I can't answer. All of these shares work fine on a Boxee Box without a login.
post #3338 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by met_fan View Post

I have the same problem with some of my network shares. They are all NAS drives and none of them have passwords set. Some work without asking for a login, and others ask for a login which I can't answer. All of these shares work fine on a Boxee Box without a login.

I have the same, I just provide a blank user name and a blank password and it works fine.
post #3339 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

No.

You are using Hidef in the Darbee, not Full Pop or Gaming?

Are you sure you don't have other sharpness settings in the player, receiver, or TV turned up?

I presume this input is a cable feed? Have you tried altering the output resolution of the cable box?

-Bill

I have found that better feeds for sports look amazing. however, when watching the pistons game tonight, it didnt really look great, it had the slight sparkle/grain, even with my enhancements turned off. on my regular 103 i can crank up the sharpness all the way and it still looks amazing, i switched back and forth between 103d and 103 during the game. i couldnt get the D to match the picture of the regular 103. if only the D had the type of DNR the regular 103 has it would clear the mess right up. its definitely a little dissappointing. the college game looked great btw. its a major bonus to the 103 to be able to upscale a lower quality sports game and clean up the picture and make it look like a higher quality feed.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
post #3340 of 5263 Old 03-24-2014, 11:00 PM

Hi,
Has anyone tried the jailbreak firmware for the 103D? I'm referring to the one available for purchase on eBay under "all region DVD/BD oppo bluray player jailbreak firmware for 103/103D/105". It presumably supports all regions for DVD and Blu Ray, but also retrieves the support that was once available in older models for BD ISO, BDMV, SACD-R, DVDA ISO, DVD ISO etc. It does not override Cinavia. Their current version is built on top of the current Oppo firmware.

If anyone tried it, I have the following questions:
1. Do all promised functionalities actually work?
2. Does it support VIDEO_TS folders?
3. Is it easy to return to the official firmware in case of problems or new desired firmware version?
4. How much time does it take between the release of a new Oppo firmware and the release of its jailbreak version?
5. Any other problems/issues?

Since buying the 103D, I considered the various hardware region free mods (bluraychip.dk, JVB Digital), but was waiting because one manufacturer (bluraychip) also promised to support ISO playback in a future firmware, which has remained in the "will be available to download soon" state for a few months now. Also, that manufacturer did not respond to my email questions, so I wasn't comfortable with purchasing. If this jailbreak firmware works, that would seem to be a better solution, especially if the process is reversible. Any experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
post #3341 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I've run across a small issue, searched for it here and on the 103 thread, did not find anything about it. If I'm playing an MKV movie and rewind to an earlier spot, I lose sound.

The solution so far has been to stop the movie, re launch it and it will pick up where it left off with sound. It's quick and easy to do, but not how it should be - has anyone else seen this?
post #3342 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Liked: 15

I notice something similar.  When I fast forward, then hit play I sometimes have no sound, if i hit rewind then play it usually gets the sound back.

post #3343 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 08:03 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

I've run across a small issue, searched for it here and on the 103 thread, did not find anything about it. If I'm playing an MKV movie and rewind to an earlier spot, I lose sound.

The solution so far has been to stop the movie, re launch it and it will pick up where it left off with sound. It's quick and easy to do, but not how it should be - has anyone else seen this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopaw View Post

I notice something similar.  When I fast forward, then hit play I sometimes have no sound, if i hit rewind then play it usually gets the sound back.

I haven't seen that, and I play quite a bit of MKV.

Could it be codec-related? I almost always have AC3 from DVD sources, and AAC for Blu-ray, not the lossless originals.

You should report this to OPPO, especially if you have a replicable case.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3344 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 08:42 AM

Dear all,

I have a few irritating issues regarding my otherwise great new BDP-103D, which should have the latest firmware. Can someone shed a light on these little niggles:

- I have connected the Oppo to our LAN on which is also a WD "my cloud" network drive. My Mac is also on the network and I used it to put a number of high resolution audio folders on the network drive; all the music folders are in the same Shared folder.

The issue: there are a few music folders on the network drive that I don't see in my Oppo. All the permissions seem ok. What could be the issue? A few of these problematic folders have FLAC files; one other one has dff files which I have not yet been able to try. My other folders feature flac files and can be played without an issue.

- How does the Oppo decide on the play order of the music files? I have for example an album with titles like 01 - title.flac However the Oppo may play this one as for example file 07/08. Hence beginning in track 1 will not necessarily play the full album. How to fix this?

- The Oppo does not always show the only cover.jpg in the music folder. What to do?

- I have a multi PCM mkv video file that plays fine on the Mac using VLC. On the Oppo it is however different. The centre channel with the voice sounds "digital/robotic/distorted". I play this through stereo, I think it is the centre channel. What could be the issue?

Any help would be more than welcome!

post #3345 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't seen that, and I play quite a bit of MKV.

Could it be codec-related? I almost always have AC3 from DVD sources, and AAC for Blu-ray, not the lossless originals.

You should report this to OPPO, especially if you have a replicable case.

-Bill

They are from HD-DVD originals, most use DTS or DD+ for sound (a few TrueHD). I'll use mediainfo to look into it; it's with every MKV. Latest firmware, reset to factory settings.
post #3346 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

They are from HD-DVD originals, most use DTS or DD+ for sound (a few TrueHD). I'll use mediainfo to look into it; it's with every MKV. Latest firmware, reset to factory settings.

TrueHD in MKV is still a bit troublesome for the 103, it wouldn't surprise me to see the occasional error with it. I had an instance of no bitstream audio from THD in MKV, but could get LPCM decoded in the player. this resolved after a power cycle of the player, I have no idea why.
post #3347 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

TrueHD in MKV is still a bit troublesome for the 103, it wouldn't surprise me to see the occasional error with it. I had an instance of no bitstream audio from THD in MKV, but could get LPCM decoded in the player. this resolved after a power cycle of the player, I have no idea why.

I've ran into this behavior however you can normally resolve the problem by selecting the Dolby core track and then reselecting the TrueHD track.

This player still works better for TrueHD than any other player I've used including the Dunes, etc. Many players don't even offer TrueHD support.
post #3348 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopaw View Post

Yes. I've seen this behavior too. Like you say you can move back a few clicks and start play again and sound comes back, are you using DLNA, NFS or SMB ?
post #3349 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

I've ran into this behavior however you can normally resolve the problem by selecting the Dolby core track and then reselecting the TrueHD track.

This player still works better for TrueHD than any other player I've used including the Dunes, etc. Many players don't even offer TrueHD support.
Had the dune d1 and it was flawless with true hd. Dune was much better interface for streaming but oppo with darbee is much better picture.
post #3350 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Are there any P.Q Limitation when using USB input from an external hardrive.
For instace when watching downloaded 1080p or 1080p 3D movies. We always here we need High Speed HDMI for this but what about the USB Cable ???
post #3351 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:25 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1 View Post

No.
Quote:
For instace when watching downloaded 1080p or 1080p 3D movies. We always here we need High Speed HDMI for this but what about the USB Cable ???

I suppose it's possible to get a bad USB cable, but there are no ratings that matter for hard drives delivering A/V to the player. I use whatever's handy.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3352 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Yes. I've seen this behavior too. Like you say you can move back a few clicks and start play again and sound comes back, are you using DLNA, NFS or SMB ?

I guess I don't know,  I have a WD MyCloud NAS plugged into the network and the OPPO just sees the share and I can drill down to the appropriate directory and they play.  I have DLNA turned off in the WD drive.  I sometimes get lip sync errors on some movies but if that is the case I just load them up through my mac mini running plex and that has always solved the lip sync issue.

I haven't tried any of the beta firmware, so far just whatever the latest official release firmware to date.

post #3353 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1 View Post

In practice no.

USB 2.0 is rated for 480Mb/s obviously less than HDMI 1.4, even blueray is a compressed format and this stays usually under 50Mb/s (mostly half of this) plus audio so the USB cable has plenty of bandwidth to transfer the compressed data from disk to the players decompression hardware, what gets sent to the screen is the resulting uncompressed image stream, which needs a lot more bandwidth.

Now of course I am no signals expert and there is a good possibllity I have missed something, but all in all pq depends on the source file etc, but barring other issues it should 'just work'.
post #3354 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a remux mkv that has a DTS-HD MA track, but when playing via my 103D, it only shows plain ol' DTS core. I've verified the track is indeed DTS-HD MA with MediaInfo. Is there perhaps something I might be missing? Does the audio track need a certain flag to let the Oppo know what do play?

post #3355 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:53 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAV View Post

I have a remux mkv that has a DTS-HD MA track, but when playing via my 103D, it only shows plain ol' DTS core. I've verified the track is indeed DTS-HD MA with MediaInfo. Is there perhaps something I might be missing? Does the audio track need a certain flag to let the Oppo know what do play?

Is it the player On Screen Display that shows this, or something in the receiver?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #3356 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is it the player On Screen Display that shows this, or something in the receiver?

-Bill

Hey Bill. It's the Oppo OSD (using analog outputs, so no receiver feedback). I'll switch to HDMI audio this evening and see what the receiver says.

post #3357 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 01:38 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

I had this issue as well. It was my administrator password to log on to windows. The reason it asks for one is usually tied to windows 7. Are u using win ?
That just worked for me, too. Why does it need that? I only run Windows 7 through Parallels on my iMac to run a couple Windows only programs. All of my drives or NAS that I generally set up through my Mac, but can access through Windows as well. Oh well - at least it works now. Thanks for the login tip.
post #3358 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAV View Post

How are your playing it? If using the HDMI Inputs (file being played on an HTPC for example) then you will get the core DTS "compatibility" track.
--Bob

. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #3359 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by met_fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

I had this issue as well. It was my administrator password to log on to windows. The reason it asks for one is usually tied to windows 7. Are u using win ?
That just worked for me, too. Why does it need that? I only run Windows 7 through Parallels on my iMac to run a couple Windows only programs. All of my drives or NAS that I generally set up through my Mac, but can access through Windows as well. Oh well - at least it works now. Thanks for the login tip.

It's a problem with win 7 and Microsoft essentials ,live . Having MSN Messenger or windows live accounts active prompt s the oppo. I removed all live stuff and no more need for password prompt s
post #3360 of 5263 Old 03-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

How are your playing it? If using the HDMI Inputs (file being played on an HTPC for example) then you will get the core DTS "compatibility" track.
--Bob

Playing over the network with the Oppo (not an external player via HDMI).

I think I've found the culprit...mkvmerge. I had used that on the mkv to add some subtitles. Testing the source mkv, full DTS-HD MA shows up. The post-merge file only shows DTS. The only thing I did was merge a subtitles file (which I've done a million times before, just not with any source files with hd audio yet).

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page