Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3781 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
What's "small"? Not enough to be an issue for a lot of people who happily live with it, but still enough to be an issue for those who don't want to.

I don't find it strange that Darbee processing is disabled along with everything else when you choose Source Direct output. By definition one expects Source Direct to be the unmodified source and Darbee is a modification. Source Direct should disable everything. If you want processing of some sort applied to the signal, whether that processing be sharpening or noise reduction or Darbee or even just a change to brightness or contrast, what you wan't is not the direct source signal, you're asking for a signal that has had something done to it. If you wish you can choose to only apply Darbee to the signal, or just Darbee and 4K upscaling, or anything else. You can choose what processing gets applied and how much of it is applied, or you can choose Source Direct and get absolutely no processing at all. Your choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post

What's "small"? Not enough to be an issue for a lot of people who happily live with it, but still enough to be an issue for those who don't want to.

I don't find it strange that Darbee processing is disabled along with everything else when you choose Source Direct output. By definition one expects Source Direct to be the unmodified source and Darbee is a modification. Source Direct should disable everything. If you want processing of some sort applied to the signal, whether that processing be sharpening or noise reduction or Darbee or even just a change to brightness or contrast, what you wan't is not the direct source signal, you're asking for a signal that has had something done to it.[B] If you wish you can choose to only apply Darbee to the signal[/B], or just Darbee and 4K upscaling, or anything else. You can choose what processing gets applied and how much of it is applied, or you can choose Source Direct and get absolutely no processing at all. Your choice.

I asked that very question, and so far the answer is if you enable Darbee it also enable the ClearView. I don't care if the player says or doesn't say "source direct" as long as the result is the same as a 103 using source direct and an external Darbee. Is that possible, and was the tech just being pedantic? If it is possible, the employees at Oppo need to work on their customer service relation skills.

post #3783 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonaire View Post

I asked that very question, and so far the answer is if you enable Darbee it also enable the ClearView.

That is not my understanding.
Quote:
I don't care if the player says or doesn't say "source direct" as long as the result is the same as a 103 using source direct and an external Darbee.

As we said before, the results are not exactly the same because of residual QDEO noise reduction on the -103.
Quote:
the employees at Oppo need to work on their customer service relation skills.

I suggest you find some other brand.

-Bill
post #3784 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:

I asked that very question, and so far the answer is if you enable Darbee it also enable the ClearView. I don't care if the player says or doesn't say "source direct" as long as the result is the same as a 103 using source direct and an external Darbee. Is that possible, and was the tech just being pedantic? If it is possible, the employees at Oppo need to work on their customer service relation skills.

Umm, no. Although the converse IS true, in that Source Direct bypasses both the Darbee and ClearView "Picture Adjustment" processing options.

But when NOT using Source Direct in the 103D you have complete and independent control as to whether the Darbee and/or ClearView processing is engaged. To bypass ClearView processing, simply set the VRS controls in Setup > Video Setup > Picture Adjustment to their factory default values of 0. Voila! No ClearView processing. To bypass Darbee processing, set Darbee to OFF in that same menu. You can use either one independently, or both together, or leave both off.

Source Direct is something different. It is for folks who want to use an external video processor and have it do ALL the work. So it bypasses de-interlacing, upscaling, and the "Picture Adjustment" processing. Video decoding still happens of course, as does color up sampling and output color space conversion -- all of which are necessary to stay within the bounds of what HDMI allows.

If Source Direct is what you want -- i.e., because you want an external processor to do de-interlacing and upscaling -- then you can use Source Direct via the HDMI 2 output on the 103 and avoid any impact of its QDEO processing chip. Video processing (including Darbee if you want) would be done external to the player in your external processor(s).

You can do the same thing using either the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 outputs of the 103D, but since Source Direct instructs the player to bypass all 'Picture Adjustment" processing you will need an external Darblet if you want Darbee.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #3785 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Just purchased my first Oppo. A 103D. biggrin.gif
mrw1zard and RayWK like this.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ------------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
Denon X4000 Audio Video Receiver
B&W 602 S3 & B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #3786 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Umm, no. Although the converse IS true, in that Source Direct bypasses both the Darbee and ClearView "Picture Adjustment" processing options.

But when NOT using Source Direct in the 103D you have complete and independent control as to whether the Darbee and/or ClearView processing is engaged. To bypass ClearView processing, simply set the VRS controls in Setup > Video Setup > Picture Adjustment to their factory default values of 0. Voila! No ClearView processing. To bypass Darbee processing, set Darbee to OFF in that same menu. You can use either one independently, or both together, or leave both off.

Source Direct is something different. It is for folks who want to use an external video processor and have it do ALL the work. So it bypasses de-interlacing, upscaling, and the "Picture Adjustment" processing. Video decoding still happens of course, as does color up sampling and output color space conversion -- all of which are necessary to stay within the bounds of what HDMI allows.

If Source Direct is what you want -- i.e., because you want an external processor to do de-interlacing and upscaling -- then you can use Source Direct via the HDMI 2 output on the 103 and avoid any impact of its QDEO processing chip. Video processing (including Darbee if you want) would be done external to the player in your external processor(s).

You can do the same thing using either the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 outputs of the 103D, but since Source Direct instructs the player to bypass all 'Picture Adjustment" processing you will need an external Darblet if you want Darbee.
--Bob

So just to be clear, It's possible to set all values to 0 and the Darbee menu to off, and it will look exactly like source direct?

I'm very confused. Because some are saying there's still some processing, even if you zero everything. 

I have a Lumagen which cost me over $2,000 when new, but was before Darbee. I'd hate to have to do a return after testing only to find out my 5 year old Denon on source direct looks better fed to the Oppo with Darbee, than the Oppo using the built in, both to the Lumagen.

post #3787 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

So just to be clear, It's possible to set all values to 0 and the Darbee menu to off, and it will look exactly like source direct?

I'm very confused. Because some are saying there's still some processing, even if you zero everything. 

I have a Lumagen which cost me over $2,000 when new, but was before Darbee. I'd hate to have to do a return after testing only to find out my 5 year old Denon on source direct looks better fed to the Oppo with Darbee, than the Oppo using the built in, both to the Lumagen.

If you have the Picture Adjustment controls zeroed out in the 103D there is no Darbee or VRS processing, regardless of whether you are using Source Direct.

Source Direct bypasses those Picture Adjustments, but that's no different than zeroing them out.

However Source Direct ALSO keeps the player from doing de-interlacing or scaling.

So take a Blu-ray movie, for example. It is on disc as 1080p/24. With Source Direct your get 1080p/24 output. You ALSO get 1080p/24 output if you set the Resolution to 1080p (instead of Source Direct) and enable the 1080p/24 Output setting.

So if you set Resolution 1080p, 1080p/24 Output AUTO, and the Picture Adjustment controls all OFF you get the same result as Source Direct -- WHEN PLAYING A BLU=RAY MOVIE.

But now take an SD-DVD. With Source Direct you get 480i/60 output -- i.e., as the video is recorded on the disc. Something external to the player (your Lumagen or your display) will need to de-interlace that AND scale it up to the resolution of your display.

If you set Resolution 1080p in the 105 (instead of Source Direct), you won't get that. The 105 will de-interlace the 480i/60 off the SD-DVD disc and scale that up to 1080p output.

But you could set the 105 to 480i output (instead of Source Direct) and you *WOULD* get 480i/60 output.

So Source Direct bypasses the Picture Adjustment controls *AND ALSO* bypasses de-interlacing and upscaling in the player. You can do that yourself by zeroing out the Picture Adjustment controls and also changing the player's output resolution (using the Resolution button on the remote) to match whatever you are playing. Source Direct just makes it automatic.

Whether or not you are using Source Direct, certain processing has to happen in the player. The video format on disc has to be decoded, the color space has to be up sampled at least to YCbCr 4:2:2 (from the YCbCr 4:2:0 which is on the disc), and the Color Space you select for output has to be imposed. Again, this happens whether or not you use Source Direct, as that's the minimum processing necessary to establish the video output stream within what HDMI supports.

(Source Direct also bypasses some other processing options. For example the Zoom Modes are not available when you set Source Direct.)

There's really only one way you'll be able to tell whether the video processing in the Lumagen looks better to you than what the OPPO accomplishes on its own, and that's to try it. Just be sure you calibrate video properly both ways so you are doing a fair comparison.

If you buy direct from the OPPO Digital web site, they offer an easy, 30-day return policy you can use for this. All you risk is the shipping cost.

But seriously, since you already have the Lumagen and the Darblet, I would think using HDMI 2 output from a 103 (not 103D) set to Source Direct would give you what you want.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #3788 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:

Just to add to Bob's reply, you're confusing the 103 with the 103D. On the 103, with everything set to 0, there *IS* a small amount of QDEO noise reduction turned on that you can't turn off on HDMI1. That's not the case with the 103D.
post #3789 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
3D MKVs

Is anyone playing 3D MKV files successfully on the 103D (MVC format from Blu-ray rips)?

I've had no trouble ripping 2D Blu-rays to MKV files, but I'm having no success with 3D. I've tried direct to MKV with MakeMKV, and indirectly via DVDFab, eac3to and mkvmerge. They just play back as 2D even though the file header seems to be flagged as stereo (MediaInfo shows Format profile: Stereo High@L4.1/High@L4.1).

Is it possible they only work from local storage and not a DLNA server or SMB share? (didn't try that yet).
post #3790 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Quote:

Just to add to Bob's reply, you're confusing the 103 with the 103D. On the 103, with everything set to 0, there *IS* a small amount of QDEO noise reduction turned on that you can't turn off. That's not the case with the 103D.
... unless you use HDMI2 for output. wink.gif
post #3791 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

... unless you use HDMI2 for output. wink.gif
You're correct. I've updated my post to indicate I was talking about HDMI1 smile.gif.
post #3792 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Bob & GSR,

Thanks a million. That's what I was hoping the answer was. If the tech at Oppo would've just stated that without belittling me with, "that's not real source direct on your Denon then, and why we don't enable Darbee with that selection!" I'd have saved a trip to the forum.

I still think it's stupid that if you turn on one feature, like Darbee, you lose the "automatic" source and must MANUALLY set source type and frequency. But it's still better than what Oppo made it sound like, where source direct is the ONLY way to defeat deviating from the source, which was true for the 103 original.

I like the Denon way better of setting the source direct and you can turn on anything you like as a forced setting. You can even turn off 24p and 3:2 to 1080p60. It's retarded, but the Denon allows it. Sometimes I would notice something was odd, and my kid or wife had accidentally hit a button. The display would say source direct but then going through each setting one by one, find the conflicting setting.

It still doesn't sit well how the tech just blew me off like that. If I had the money right now, I'd sell my current Lumagen and get the 2042, with some other source direct player. Even without owning a 4k TV, yet.
post #3793 of 4623 Old 04-29-2014, 09:58 PM

Just got my 103D and I've been searching this thread and can't find a definitive answer: is there a reason not to update to the latest firmware? I ask because for the BDP-93 there was some ISO functionality taken away in future updates and some old-firmware units are more valuable than current firmware units. Is there a reason not to update for the 103D? Looking forward to hooking it up and checking out if the Darbee processing helps out my 6-year-old Sony A3000 LCoS TV.
post #3794 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM View Post

Just got my 103D and I've been searching this thread and can't find a definitive answer: is there a reason not to update to the latest firmware? I ask because for the BDP-93 there was some ISO functionality taken away in future updates and some old-firmware units are more valuable than current firmware units. Is there a reason not to update for the 103D? Looking forward to hooking it up and checking out if the Darbee processing helps out my 6-year-old Sony A3000 LCoS TV.
There is no reason to avoid updating firmware on either the 103/105 or 103D/105D models. There is also no reason to avoid updating the 93/95 firmware if you're not interested in playing .ISO files from an externally connected hard drive or thumb drive.
post #3795 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

It still doesn't sit well how the tech just blew me off like that.
You only needed to tell us that one time. smile.gif
post #3796 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

There is no reason to avoid updating firmware on either the 103/105 or 103D/105D models. There is also no reason to avoid updating the 93/95 firmware if you're not interested in playing .ISO files from an externally connected hard drive or thumb drive.

Is that true for 93?. From what I read 93 still have FW problems on 3D I think it was. This was introduced in the latest firmware so many is still avoiding updating, me included.
post #3797 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 01:30 AM

Well first piece of bummer news. I'm not sure if it worked with the 910 firmware, as I didn't test it out, I went ahead and updated to the latest firmware and unfortunately the 103D does not play some SACD ripped ISO burned to disc that the 93 plays (even with the latest firmware available for the 93) so now I'm bummed. Wish I would have tried the 910 first to see if it played then before upgrading to 0218...mad.gif
post #3798 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM View Post

Well first piece of bummer news. I'm not sure if it worked with the 910 firmware, as I didn't test it out, I went ahead and updated to the latest firmware and unfortunately the 103D does not play some SACD ripped ISO burned to disc that the 93 plays (even with the latest firmware available for the 93) so now I'm bummed. Wish I would have tried the 910 first to see if it played then before upgrading to 0218...mad.gif
The flip side is that the 10x players will now play ripped / downloaded DSD files from locally attached storage, SMB, and DLNA (if you have a DLNA server that has the proper support, which includes oShare and JRiver).
post #3799 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Read the FAQ!

CarloM,
The support for SACD burned disc playback was dropped when DSD media file support was added in the 10x family players. That happened prior to the release of the 103D. So although you've lost that compared to the 93, it was not something lost by doing THIS firmware upgrade.
--Bob

post #3800 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

The flip side is that the 10x players will now play ripped / downloaded DSD files from locally attached storage, SMB, and DLNA (if you have a DLNA server that has the proper support, which includes oShare and JRiver).
Thank you for this! Although this will now mean I have to buy another external HD, they're relatively cheap now and the upside is that I won't have to hunt for my SACD-R anymore, I'll have them all on the eHD. I tested out a freeware program Sonore to convert one of my SACD-R ISO to individual dff files on a flash drive and the Oppo 103D read it with no problems (though it was only a 2.0 track). I will try to convert a 5.1 SACD-R ISO and hopefully the 103D will play that as well. Then it's off to Best Buy for a 1TB eHD which I'll format as FAT and I'll be spending the weekend converting. I wish I could use exFAT since my main computer is a Mac and the 103D can read it, but the 93 cannot read exFAT so if I want to maintain compatibility with both I'll have to use FAT. I won't be able to put large video files which exceed 4GB though which is a bummer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

CarloM,
The support for SACD burned disc playback was dropped when DSD media file support was added in the 10x family players. That happened prior to the release of the 103D. So although you've lost that compared to the 93, it was not something lost by doing THIS firmware upgrade.
--Bob
Thanks Bob. Good to know that staying with the 910 wouldn't have done anything for me. I do love the 103D as a BD player (moved the 93 to the bedroom and using a Sony 790 solely for Hulu Plus) and would like to keep updating it to the latest firmware to prevent problems. I'm really happy with the PQ/AQ so far, and on still screen comparisons I can clearly see the effect Darbee has on the picture at a setting of Hi-Def 35, but in motion from my normal seating distance (11' from a 60" screen) the difference is subtle. I'm not sure if I'll use Darbee all the time, but it's good to know it's there if I ever want it, and completely defeatable if I don't.
post #3801 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 11:54 AM

Ugh - just realized what a Herculean undertaking changing the SACD-R ISO to DFF is going to be. I did a small test last night of a 2.0 SACD ISO and it ripped very quickly on my 2010 Macbook Pro, maybe 2 minutes for a 40 minute album. I thought, no problem. But this morning I tried a 5.1 SACD ISO and it's taking like 20 minutes for a 40 minute album, and it's activated all the fans on my MBP due to the processor workload. Guess 5.1 takes way more horsepower and time to decode...
post #3802 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 155

What is the most common way to hook up your components if you want to take advantage of the video processing in the Oppo?

For example, let's say I have the following video sources...

DirecTV Receiver/DVR

AppleTV

Roku

Xbox360

PS3

Oppo 103D

...and I want the audio from all of them to go to my AVR, while the video goes to two displays (1 flat screen TV and 1 projector).

Note that my AVR supports all of the same video formats that my displays do and has two HDMI Monitor Outputs.

Should I go DirecTV+AppleTV+Roku+Xbox360+PS3-->8x1 HDMI Switch-->Oppo-->AVR-->TV+Projector?

Or, would there be no real benefit to running the AppleTV, Roku, Xbox360, and PS3 thru the Oppo, in which case it might be better to run them directly to the AVR, enabling me to eliminate the 8x1 switch?

post #3803 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyoAJB View Post

What is the most common way to hook up your components if you want to take advantage of the video processing in the Oppo?

For example, let's say I have the following video sources...

DirecTV Receiver/DVR
AppleTV
Roku
Xbox360
PS3
Oppo 103D

...and I want the audio from all of them to go to my AVR, while the video goes to two displays (1 flat screen TV and 1 projector).

Note that my AVR supports all of the same video formats that my displays do and has two HDMI Monitor Outputs.

Should I go DirecTV+AppleTV+Roku+Xbox360+PS3-->8x1 HDMI Switch-->Oppo-->AVR-->TV+Projector?

Or, would there be no real benefit to running the AppleTV, Roku, Xbox360, and PS3 thru the Oppo, in which case it might be better to run them directly to the AVR, enabling me to eliminate the 8x1 switch?

The setup you propose is probably the best way to do it.
The advantage to running your devices through the player, is the video and Darbee processing applied to those devices.
The general consensus is that it's not really a benefit to run video game systems through the player though, since it creates lag.
So if you eliminate the PS3 and Xbox, then you have 3 components left.
The player has 2 inputs though, so you would still need a switch if you want to run all 3 through the player.
I'm just curious why you would have to have both the AppleTV AND the Roku. Don't they have pretty much the same features?
If you were to eliminate one of those, or just run the most important one through the player, THEN you could eliminate the switch since you could just use the 2 inputs on the player for those 2 devices.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #3804 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Release date: April 30, 2014.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-75-0430B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)

Special Notice:

1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.

2. Due to the extensive changes in this major firmware update, it is required that the user performs a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed. Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content. You may experience stability issues if this step is not performed.

Release Notes:

1.Fixed a bug in calculating acoustic propagation delay from the "Speaker Distance" parameters of the "Speaker Configuration" setting.
2. Upgraded the Netflix application to the latest version certified for OPPO BDP-10x models. This version features a brand new user interface. It also contains improved adaptive streaming technology which will improve streaming quality for high-speed internet connections. The new Netflix application should help customers who have reported poor streaming quality during peak hours. (On a related note, recently customers reported that Netflix streaming on OPPO players and other streaming devices could become unstable with error message like "not connect to internet". In our experience this issue is not caused by the player or its firmware update. It could be either a server-side problem or an Internet traffic problem. Should this happen to your device, please report the outage to Netflix. Netflix recommends a troubleshooting method of de-activating the device and re-activating it. De-activation can be done from the OPPO player’s setup menu (Setup -> Device Setup -> Netflix -> De-activate). Re-activation can be done by accessing the Netflix application from the Home Menu. In most cases, Netflix service can resume working after a few tries. The new Netflix application in this update contains additional network troubleshooting tool which can be used to test your connection to Netflix servers.)
3. Added the "Digital Concert Hall" application from Berliner Philharmoniker, which provides live and recorded classical music concerts in HD video from leading orchestras all over the world. Removed the "Film Fresh" application which is no longer functional due to the service provider stopping the service.
4. Improved Gapless Playback performance. Resolved issues such as the second track playing twice before moving to the third track, and resolved an issue where the Gracenote information could not be fetched when playing WAV files.
5. Resolved an issue where user settings (Size, Distance, Trim) inside the Speaker Configuration were incorrectly applied to the Headphone Out signal route. We revised the algorithm in this firmware and the Headphone Out signal is no longer affected by the Speaker Configuration changes.
6. Added a safety feature for BDP-103/103D: the "SACD Output" format is set to "PCM" by default. The reason is that the digital-to-analog converter (DAC) used on these two models cannot adjust the volume for DSD signals, so the analog volume level could automatically switch back to 100 when a DSD stream is detected. This safety feature will force the DSD stream to be decoded as a PCM stream before sending it to the DAC, which can help control the volume when loading SACD disc(s).
7. Added support for the "4Kx2K@50/60Hz" resolution to the BDP-103D/105D (HDMI 1 only, and in YCbCr 4:2:0 format only). The "4Kx2K Output" setting for the BDP-103D/105D is set to "Auto 4K 50/60Hz 4:2:0" by default.
8. Resolved an issue of “Reset Factory Defaults” not erasing the user account for the Youtube Leanback application.
9. Resolved an "A/V Sync" related issue where the A/V Sync data was not be automatically applied to the Coaxial and Optical digital audio outputs after the player was powered on.
10. Improved the file sorting algorithm for the media center (the Music, Photo and Movie options on the Home Menu). The player can automatically detect numbers located at the beginning or end of the filenames and sort the files by the numeric value. Albums with numbered tracks will play in the proper order.
11. Extended support for the PCM audio format for up to 24-bit, 352.8 kHz / 384 kHz via the USB DAC IN port (BDP-105D only).
12. Added the timing adjustment for external subtitles. This can be accessed from the "Option" menu -> "Subtitle Adj." -> "Sync." when playing movies from a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
13. A new version of the Windows driver for the USB Audio DAC is available for download here (v2.22). It is compatible with BDP-105, 105D and the upcoming headphone amplifier HA-1. Please uninstall the previous version(s) of the OPPO USB DAC driver from your computer before installing this new one.
nathan_h likes this.
post #3805 of 4623 Old 04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Read the FAQ!

The Public Beta 0430B firmware released today for the 10x family of players *FIXES* the Speaker Distance Adjustment bug I detailed earlier.

if you have been using the "Workaround" speaker distances, don't forget to go back to using your "Actual" speaker distances.
--Bob

post #3806 of 4623 Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
"7. Added support for the "4Kx2K@50/60Hz" resolution to the BDP-103D/105D (HDMI 1 only, and in YCbCr 4:2:0 format only). The "4Kx2K Output" setting for the BDP-103D/105D is set to "Auto 4K 50/60Hz 4:2:0" by default."

So - stretching HDMI 1.4 to the limit to get higher framerate 4K playback - what is the catch about 4:2:0 colour???
post #3807 of 4623 Old 05-01-2014, 01:19 AM

Liked: 22
"7. Added support for the "4Kx2K@50/60Hz" resolution to the BDP-103D/105D (HDMI 1 only, and in YCbCr 4:2:0 format only). The "4Kx2K Output" setting for the BDP-103D/105D is set to "Auto 4K 50/60Hz 4:2:0" by default."

At the risk of revealing my ignorance: Is this improved functionality relevant for up-conversion to 4K or only for native 4K material?
post #3808 of 4623 Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

What does 'Public Beta' mean? I saw this announcement yesterday and it wasn't available through my 103D? Does it imply I need to download it from the website if I want to use it?
post #3809 of 4623 Old 05-01-2014, 03:50 AM

Liked: 15
Does the new 4k function mean that dvds and non 24p Hd material can be up scaled to 4k? Is this feature unique on hdmi 1.4 kit?
post #3810 of 4623 Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter1093 View Post

What does 'Public Beta' mean? I saw this announcement yesterday and it wasn't available through my 103D? Does it imply I need to download it from the website if I want to use it?
Yes. Public Beta is the final stage of testing before the firmware becomes "Official". There may be additional Public Beta releases or this version may become Official.

To keep people from unknowingly installing it, Public Beta firmware is not offered for Network install. Download it from the OPPO support page for install via USB stick.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page