post #4741 of 4756 Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post
Using the rear USB port won't be a problem as I don't ever anticipate using it other than for the modded chip input as there is a USB port on the front if I need to use it. Just a note, I wish Oppo had placed a rubber dust cover for the front USB port on the 103/103D as they did for the 83. Makes it look a bit nicer having it covered than just an open port.
You have 2, count-em 2, USB ports on the back.
The rubber cover for the front port(s) get mixed reviews. Some like it and some think its in the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, anyone have freezing issues with this thing? Happens when playing media, whether network or USB. The machine will simply stop responding to commands and the screen freezes. Music keeps playing though.

I already have the latest firmware (BDP10X-75-0515)

TIA.
post #4743 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just hooked up my new oppo bdp-103d. Very impressive piece of hardware. I have it connected to my onkyo 809 reciever to a Epson 3010 projector. Have high def on 50. I see some differences at 50 but I thought I would see more. If I turn darbee up to 100 you can really see it. Sound and video is outstanding. Highly recommended. I did set my reciever to direct For the signal from the oppo.
post #4744 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolik View Post
Hey guys, anyone have freezing issues with this thing? Happens when playing media, whether network or USB. The machine will simply stop responding to commands and the screen freezes. Music keeps playing though.

TIA.
Yes I had that issue too, I did a firmware reinstall via USB and it fixed the issue.
post #4745 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:

TIA.
That's consistent with connectivity issued on the network or on the removable drive. As a test, try turning off Gracenote lookup and see if that helps. That's another thing that can cause issues.
post #4746 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question about speaker settings in the Oppo. I have a 5.1 system but have added front height speakers to make a 7.1 of sorts. I am looking to confirm that the speaker output on the Oppo should still be set to 5.1 rather than 7.1.

Thanks
post #4747 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Yes, set it at 5.1

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #4748 of 4756 Old 07-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanum View Post
I have a question about speaker settings in the Oppo. I have a 5.1 system but have added front height speakers to make a 7.1 of sorts. I am looking to confirm that the speaker output on the Oppo should still be set to 5.1 rather than 7.1.

Thanks
How do you expect sound to be created to send to your two new Height speakers? It has to be done by some math in your AVR. For most AVRs, such processing is not available for multi-channel Analog input. I.E., you have to use HDMI Audio.

In which case there's no 5.1 vs 7.1 choice to make. Those settings in the OPPO only apply to the Analog outs. For HDMI Audio, such stuff is handled automatically by the HDMI handshake.

You would still have to decide whether to send HDMI Bitstream or LPCM. Check you AVR Manual to see if it can generate Height speaker output (i.e., invent that via math) for LPCM input, or whether you have to send Bitstream.
--Bob
post #4749 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 03:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

TIA.
Yes had a similar problem - Solved after e-mailing OPPO. Had been Cable/oppo (HDMI 1)/avr/zt60 - they suggested:

cable/Oppo (HDMI 1)/ZT60 for video

oppo (HDMI 2)/avr for audio

Appears to have solved problem

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000

Last edited by bob brennan; Yesterday at 09:12 AM.
post #4750 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am new to the Oppo 103D 'party' and in the process of setting it up.

I have feedback via RS-232 in general working. I can query some time information, e.g. 'total elapsed time' or 'total remaining time'.

However, I am missing 'total time' of a movie/clip. I have checked the official Oppo RS232 protocol V1.2.1 but came up empty. How do I query this?

Also time information seems to be only available during media (e.g. blu ray) playback through the player. When I stream Netflix I can see time information in the OSD, but I am not getting anything via RS-232. How can I query this information via RS-232?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
____
Axel

post #4751 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ I believe OPPO's intent is that you do the addition: Total time = Elapsed time + Remaining time

The app provided by Netflix takes control of the entirety of the user interface and only allows very limited functionality. As best I know, you can't get the player to respond to the time queries while Netflix is running. However you might try the UTC command to see if you can get it to pass time code Updates to you as an alternative to the query and response.

(At a guess, Netflix is intensely paranoid about people using the various user operations in the player to somehow hack their copy protected streams. So rather than vet all those operations, they simply prohibit them. To be fair, they likely need to certify their copy protection to the people from whom they license this content. And we all know how paranoid those movie moguls are.)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #4752 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Bob!

Re: addition: Total time = Elapsed time + Remaining time. I use iRule as my remote control. I am not sure it can addition. Maybe I need to post at their forum, unless someone here knows.

Re: Netflix, I believe I can get time information over my AppleTV. It seems Apple and Netflix may have a closer integration.
____
Axel

post #4753 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Thanks Bob!

Re: addition: Total time = Elapsed time + Remaining time. I use iRule as my remote control. I am not sure it can addition. Maybe I need to post at their forum, unless someone here knows.

Re: Netflix, I believe I can get time information over my AppleTV. It seems Apple and Netflix may have a closer integration.
____
Axel
It never hurts to email such stuff to OPPO Tech Support to see if they can pull the rabbit out of the hat -- perhaps in future firmware.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #4754 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Will do, Bob.
Is there a specific email address I should use. Their website only seems to have one of those online contact forms.
_____
Axel

post #4755 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Use the contact form.
--Bob

post #4756 of 4756 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Use the contact form.
--Bob
Already done
____
Axel

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page