Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5071 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 847
^ If the player has crashed, for whatever reason, when you try to power it off the normal power down sequence can't happen due to the crash.

In that case the Power Off Failsafe kicks in after a delay (about 10 seconds) and shuts the player off anyway. HOWEVER, the normal sequence of events does not happen in that case, which means the tray can be left Open. it will close during the next power up.

If this appears to be what's happening -- an unusual delay after selecting Power Off, then a sudden shutdown with the tray left Open -- then you need to sort out why your player has crashed. Get in touch with OPPO Tech Support. Your player may need warranty service.

The steps suggested by Dave, above are good advice for addressing any situation where the player is acting in an unexpected manner.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5072 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Thanks, that's what I thought. The unit is usually powered down with the disc still in it via macro, but on occasion I remove the disc and power down via the button on the front of the unit. It always shuts off before closing the tray. I've installed the latest update and reset unit back to factory defaults. I'll try a couple more things but it might need a trip back to Oppo. It's not a huge deal, but if it's not normal, I'd better get it looked at.

I've also noticed that this player is much slower than my 103 was, whether powering on, ejecting a disc, etc.

I figured the video/audio output should be the same whether running split or not; but the manual specifically states the audio can be downgraded when not running split, so I thought I'd ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
The disc tray should always close when powering off the player with the remote or via the power button on the player.
Make sure that the player isn't losing it's power supply by shutting off the power via a power strip or by pulling the plug.
If you are simply using the power button properly, then you may want to try the following options...

a) reset the player to factory default settings and then power cycle the player.
if the problem remains then...
b) make use you have the latest firmware installed, and when doing so, try doing a reset to factory default settings after you upgrade,
to help ensure that the player gets a full reset of fresh values to help eliminate any residual code left from old issues.
c) even if you already have the latest fw installed, you can try re-installing it use the USB method, then again as above,
re-set to factory default settings and power cycle the player.

After you have tried all of those things, if the player is still not functioning properly, contact Oppo support
with your issue and see if your player requires service. http://www.oppodigital.com/ContactUs.aspx

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #5073 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ The 103 and 103D share the same electronics as regards all the various speed metrics. I.e., there should be no noticeable difference in speed.

If your 103D is acting sluggish, that may be another symptom it wants a laying on of hands.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #5074 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
. . . .

I figured the video/audio output should be the same whether running split or not; but the manual specifically states the audio can be downgraded when not running split, so I thought I'd ask.
That refers to not running Split A/V WHEN BOTH HDMI OUTPUTS ARE LIVE. If only one HDMI output is live (either one) then the Setting choice of Split A/V vs. Dual Display is completely ignored.
--Bob
bass addict likes this.

post #5075 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
yellow brick road sacd

i played, the yellow brick road sacd for the first time last night on the 103 d. it did not sound the same as i remember with my marantz dv9300. the sound seems uneven. the rears are exaggerated, and the whole listening experience of funeral for a friend is off. anyboby know what might be going on here?
post #5076 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Not enough information. How are you cabled for audio to the Marantz? What audio format are you passing to the Marantz? If Analog, are you using DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion in the OPPO.

Which device, Marantz or OPPO, do you think is doing speaker configuration management? BOTH is the wrong answer. The OPPO is the wrong answer if you are using DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion on the OPPO. (The same is true if you are passing HDMI DSD to the Marantz and think it is both handling that as DSD and doing speaker configuration processing.)

What audio processing options are engaged in the Marantz?
--Bob
post #5077 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
That refers to not running Split A/V WHEN BOTH HDMI OUTPUTS ARE LIVE. If only one HDMI output is live (either one) then the Setting choice of Split A/V vs. Dual Display is completely ignored.
--Bob
Bob,

Thanks for the clarification on that, it makes much more sense. The manual is a little vague in reference to that setup.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #5078 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think my drawer closed when I powered it off. But I only think I did that once.
That's what it's supposed to do.
post #5079 of 5084 Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
Thanks, that's what I thought. The unit is usually powered down with the disc still in it via macro, but on occasion I remove the disc and power down via the button on the front of the unit. It always shuts off before closing the tray. I've installed the latest update and reset unit back to factory defaults. I'll try a couple more things but it might need a trip back to Oppo. It's not a huge deal, but if it's not normal, I'd better get it looked at.

I've also noticed that this player is much slower than my 103 was, whether powering on, ejecting a disc, etc.

If you have HDMI CEC enabled, try turning it off. I've found on occasions it can slow the player down especially when trying to use the front panel buttons.
post #5080 of 5084 Old Today, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm a little anxious. I just ordered a 103D. It should be here Thursday.
I hope it's worth it.

B
post #5081 of 5084 Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
im using av8801 with hdmi going to the oppo and bitstream is selected . after posting this i played it again and figured the rears were just to hot ,i lowered them 4 db and it was much better . i believe when i had the marantz hooked up with analog cables i had the option of test tones therefore setting it up was more even. i have dipoles on the side and audyssey has set them to hi. all good now.thanx for your help.
post #5082 of 5084 Old Today, 06:07 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ You can check/adjust your speaker levels using a calibration disc, such as with the LPCM test tracks from AIX Audio Calibration, Blu-ray.

SACD has its own, special complications due to whether you are trying to use DSD. Note that there is a separate setting for SACD output in the OPPO. You can check SACD levels using tracks 43-48 in "Stay in Tune with PentaTone", SACD.

Use a Sound Pressure Level (SPL) meter to check this for best results. Everyone uses the inexpensive meter sold by Radio Shack.
--Bob
post #5083 of 5084 Old Today, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received my 103-D. I placed my order about 10 minutes after the 2:00 PM cut off time last Friday, but they still got it shipped same day. Great customer service so far.

Thanks to everyone who post here for all the information. In addition to reading most of the instruction manual I downloaded from Oppo, I have read the first 130 pages of this thread and I feel confident I will be able to get the player set up properly. This is my first Blu-ray player and I’m very excited to see what I have been missing.

What in the wide world of sports is going on around here !!
post #5084 of 5084 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Anyone with a harmony one and 103d using it to control the hdmi inputs AND running it in energy saving mode vs quick start?

I have mine working perfectly with quick start, but due to an issue with crashing during shutdown support suggested I try energy saver mode, which takes longer to boot up and recurve commands. Not sure if the built in harmony delays are long enough or will need to be adjusted.

Edit: Tested it and the harmony commands still work fine. Just has to boot the ROKU stick each time

Last edited by curlyjive; Today at 05:01 PM.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page