post #5581 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
No, I thought it has always been that way, that switching between production and beta could not be done via internet update. But if it has worked for you then I may be out of date. My problem is that I'm always on some beta release and hardly ever install production firmware. I'm out of touch with the real world.

-Bill

This may be a special case that I have not seen before. Where the beta and official fw versions only differ by the letter "B". Apparently the Oppo server didn't feel I needed to update my beta fw this time. All the previous times I've updated from beta to official, the fw versions had different dates, causing an immediate update to official by the Oppo server.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For those interested I just updated my 103D with region free kit internally installed and everything went well and the region free mod still works. I did open up my Oppo and unplug the mod before doing the update since that is recommended. Anyway I just wanted to let those of you with a region free mod know that, as expected, the update doesn't mess anything up.
post #5583 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 175
OPPO has to put up on the server a file that is compatible from Beta to Official for network check. Sometimes they do this several days after the Official Release, or may not do it at all in the case that the firmware is identical (as is the case with this firmware).

You have to remember, that every time that you upgrade the firmware, you are risking the possibility of bricking the player. So OPPO may choose not to do Beta to Official in this case.
post #5584 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
There were no changes made in this official release from the previous beta. So, if you had installed the recent beta firmware on your Oppo player, your player will have the latest firmware. I had the previous beta installed on my Oppo player, and when I turned it on to download this latest official release, the player told me that I already have the latest release, even though my fw ver on my player ends with the letter "B".
Thanks for the reply Dan-had the same results
post #5585 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Bill, is this something new? I never had to do this before. I always updated my Oppo player as follows: beta fw via usb, and Official release via the internet. I've loaded beta fw on my Oppo in the past, and when I update with the latest official release via ethernet, my Oppo player always updated in the past. This is the first time it didn't update. This time, the only difference between the Beta fw ver and the official fw ver is the letter "B" (i.e. BDP10X-77-0827 or BDP10X-77-0827B).
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
No, I thought it has always been that way, that switching between production and beta could not be done via internet update. But if it has worked for you then I may be out of date. My problem is that I'm always on some beta release and hardly ever install production firmware. I'm out of touch with the real world.

-Bill

Another thing I noticed is that it didn't give me the option for a soft or hard reset after downloading the firmware straight through the network. This is the first time its done that and none of my settings were erased so I figure it went through a default soft reset. Nice
post #5586 of 5588 Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM

please tell me what to put in the settings here
1080p24 output
output resolution
post #5587 of 5588 Old Today, 12:52 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 908
^ Typical settings would be:
1080p/24 Output AUTO
Resolution 1080p (assuming you have a 1080p Display)
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Today at 12:54 AM.
post #5588 of 5588 Old Today, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Typical settings would be:
1080p/24 Output AUTO
Resolution 1080p (assuming you have a 1080p Display)
--Bob
Source direct and no better place to Bluray movies or 1080p or advise?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page