Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 204 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread

Blu-ray Players

rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes
11:54 AM Liked: 267
post #6091 of 6097
Yesterday | Posts: 16,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
hmm... I guess the review site was wrong on the specs. Thanks for the correction.
I couldn't say if there are different versions of that disc floating around. But the Oppo can tell you what's playing via OSD.
Have you tried ripping those HR tracks and playing from USB? (I'll assume you know how)
miata's Avatar miata
06:27 PM Liked: 11
post #6092 of 6097
Yesterday | Posts: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
what tv and avr do you have? so if we bypass the avr receiver we can get a better picture? on my new samsung 4k 8550 tv i have been using the oppo 4k upscale because its much better than the sammy 4k upscale. but by bypassing the avr, isnt there some sort of loss of sound decoding by the avr? is an optical cord needed or can HDMI cords be used instead?
I bought a Sony XBR-70x850B, but am currently using a loaner 86" while awaiting delivery of my 70". My AVR is a 7 year old Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH,

Actually, all audio is send via HDMI2 out from the OPPO to the AVR and processed and output with my set-up. The Dish STB and Apple TV are fed directly to the AVR and pass HDMI video to the OPPO. The HD-DVD player is fed directly to the Oppo and passes audio to the AVR via HDMI OUT2. Blu-rays and other content from the Oppo also go to the AVR as well as ARC from the TV.
laserjock II's Avatar laserjock II
05:09 AM Liked: 65
post #6093 of 6097
Today | Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I have a copy of that DVD-A. The stereo high-res tracks are 24/192, the 5.1 is 24/96. Could be that your AVR cannot accept 24/192. I have no issues playing that disc here, both type tracks play fine.
Hmmm, I'm using a Denon 4520. Assume that it will handle this 24/192 since it has 32/192 capability I believe.
hernanu's Avatar hernanu
11:35 AM Liked: 263
post #6094 of 6097
Today | Posts: 2,696
Quote:
I couldn't say if there are different versions of that disc floating around. But the Oppo can tell you what's playing via OSD.
Have you tried ripping those HR tracks and playing from USB? (I'll assume you know how)
Nope - don't have the disk, which is why I resorted to a review site. I've ripped DVD-A's to my NAS, but only the multichannel tracks.
01:11 PM Liked: 267
post #6095 of 6097
Today | Posts: 16,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Hmmm, I'm using a Denon 4520. Assume that it will handle this 24/192 since it has 32/192 capability I believe.
Well, there's no issue here with that disc, so the AVR is the main suspect. Try some 24/192 files on a USB drive and see what happens.
There's some free test files here: http://www.2l.no/ , on the page called "test bench" in the drop-down on the top.

FWIW, the AVR having a 32/192 DAC has no bearing on what it can handle for input. And again the Oppo can tell you what its sending on the OSD.
laserjock II's Avatar laserjock II
02:35 PM Liked: 65
post #6096 of 6097
Today | Posts: 594
Quote:
Well, there's no issue here with that disc, so the AVR is the main suspect. Try some 24/192 files on a USB drive and see what happens.
There's some free test files here: http://www.2l.no/ , on the page called "test bench" in the drop-down on the top.

FWIW, the AVR having a 32/192 DAC has no bearing on what it can handle for input. And again the Oppo can tell you what its sending on the OSD.
What AVR/Processor are you using it with?
I'm not sure I care that much to listen to it in this 2 channel mode but assume I could use the analog inputs if I really wanted to otherwise.
I've been in touch with Oppo and they've offered to look into it if I send them the disc.
I'm not sure I would want to do that since that disc isn't available any longer and is at a premium price to replace.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate the responses.
03:28 PM Liked: 267
post #6097 of 6097
Today | Posts: 16,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
What AVR/Processor are you using it with?
I'm not sure I care that much to listen to it in this 2 channel mode but assume I could use the analog inputs if I really wanted to otherwise.
I've been in touch with Oppo and they've offered to look into it if I send them the disc.
I'm not sure I would want to do that since that disc isn't available any longer and is at a premium price to replace.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate the responses.
I use a Yamaha which accepts 24/192 on HDMI, as most should. Note that 24/192 can only be stereo, 5.1 is not possible.

Oppo support can only really tell you if the disc itself is faulty somehow, because it does work for others. I'd prefer it if you provide a detailed explanation of what exactly happens when you try to play the 2-ch tracks. What do you see on screen, what does the OSD say, and what does the front panel display say? Does the AVR indicate that it's receiving anything?
Tags: Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc

Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Blu-ray Players

Subscribe to this Thread