post #6091 of 6093 Unread Yesterday, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
hmm... I guess the review site was wrong on the specs. Thanks for the correction.
I couldn't say if there are different versions of that disc floating around. But the Oppo can tell you what's playing via OSD.
Have you tried ripping those HR tracks and playing from USB? (I'll assume you know how)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 6093 Unread Yesterday, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
what tv and avr do you have? so if we bypass the avr receiver we can get a better picture? on my new samsung 4k 8550 tv i have been using the oppo 4k upscale because its much better than the sammy 4k upscale. but by bypassing the avr, isnt there some sort of loss of sound decoding by the avr? is an optical cord needed or can HDMI cords be used instead?
I bought an Sony XBR-70x850B but am currently using a loaner 86" while awaiting delivery of my 70". My AVR is a 7 year old Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH,

Actually, all audio is send via HDMI2 out from the OPPO to the AVR and processed and output with my set-up. The Dish STB and Apple TV are fed directly to the AVR and pass HDMI video to the OPPO. The HD-DVD player is fed directly to the Oppo and passes audio to the AVR via HDMI OUT2. Blu-rays and other content from the Oppo also go to the AVR as well as ARC from the TV.
post #6093 of 6093 Unread Today, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I have a copy of that DVD-A. The stereo high-res tracks are 24/192, the 5.1 is 24/96. Could be that your AVR cannot accept 24/192. I have no issues playing that disc here, both type tracks play fine.
Hmmm, I'm using a Denon 4520. Assume that it will handle this 24/192 since it has 32/192 capability I believe.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com