post #631 of 4614 Old 10-19-2013, 04:26 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksarkar View Post

Hai guys, I got my 103d and wondering how would i get movie poster and movie information displayed for the movies i have extracted from dvds(indian movies) and copied to external.

Gracenote works for media files, although the match is by filename and the results it returns are sometimes comical.

Press the Option button and select Disc or Video Info.

-Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 4614 Old 10-19-2013, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone have any thoughts on the 103D vs the Darbee Darblet visual processor you can buy separately? What is the positive and negative of either, and is their any difference in the visual quality between the two? I am like some folks here, I would need to sell my 103 and buy the 103D.
Lets say I get $400 for my 103, buy the 103D, or just buy the stand alone processor for just over $300, in the end, I am paying around $100 more for the stand alone item. One benefit I can see, is that I can get the visual affect no matter what I upgrade to down the road (let's say in 2 years there is a blu-ray 4k player). I am thinking the stand alone would give me more flexibility in the future.
post #633 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 01:02 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

Does the 103D have the new 5100 new algorithm enhancements?

"DarbeeVision presents the new DVP-5100. This device is the successor to the popular Darbee Darblet DVP-5000 HDMI enhancer, the DVP-5100 uses a new algorithm to reduce artefacts and providing a more realistic picture, with more depth and more accurate> "

This is not a quote from DarbeeVision and is not accurate.

-DD
post #634 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywoy View Post

Anyone have any thoughts on the 103D vs the Darbee Darblet visual processor you can buy separately? What is the positive and negative of either, and is their any difference in the visual quality between the two? I am like some folks here, I would need to sell my 103 and buy the 103D.
Lets say I get $400 for my 103, buy the 103D, or just buy the stand alone processor for just over $300, in the end, I am paying around $100 more for the stand alone item. One benefit I can see, is that I can get the visual affect no matter what I upgrade to down the road (let's say in 2 years there is a blu-ray 4k player). I am thinking the stand alone would give me more flexibility in the future.

I do not have a Darblet so can only go by what I have read.

Video quality will be the same.

A separate unit does give you the flexibility to move it around.

People in the Darblet forum sometimes complain about power and HDMI flakiness. It seems more solid in the OPPO.

I have read that firmware upgrades require the Darblet to be returned. With the OPPO is it part of the normal online firmware upgrade process.

One less remote with the OPPO, and the controls are integrated into the Picture Adjustment screen.

-Bill
post #635 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
One more pro to having it separate is you can run all your devices through it.
post #636 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Liked: 14
Thanks for your input Bill.

I was thinking as well that pro to separate is that you can run all your devices through it. That is a big one for me. I have cable, Apple TV and console, so it would be great for it to work on all devices. (as well as an 103)
post #637 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Test OPPO BDP-103D: The power of Darbee Virtual Presence associated with VRS Clear View! translated - hdfever.fr - Oct 19th, 2013 - Nicolas Bécuwe

Quote:
Conclusion
Again, provides us with the OPPO OPPO BDP-103D Edition Darbee a very interesting and powerful declination really OPPO BDP-103EU. To each his own in terms of image, some love fill improve the image and will be more than full of so many possibilities with a full hyper video processing can be applied to all kinds of videos, and from improving very subtle very powerful. Others do not like to apply video post-processing and for them, the BDP-103D will be interesting that the audio quality HDMI output, which is much better than the BDP-103EU. In fact, everything else is the same, whether the media compatibility, features, management of physical media, settings, design, setting interface, everything is identical.

During this test, I made you a little summary of this multimedia management, precisely. The results are quite disappointing, waiting for a possible correction from OPPO. Indeed, 24p MKV are displayed in 60 Hz with micro-stuttering, not very important, but it is unbecoming of a player of this caliber. No 3D video or 1080p are almost supported (no MKV 3D MVC for example), ISO Blu-ray 2D and 3D, DVD, DVD-Audio or SACD are still not recognized, reading BDMV was removed by OPPO, there is only the one who brings M2TS playback 24p. Reading ISO SACD engraved on DVD-R has also been removed and replaced by OPPO by reading very interesting DSD files, certainly. However, all the videos and the most popular audio formats are read as MKV, M2TS, TS, Flac, APE, LPCM, WAV, DTS-HD and TrueHD.

Apart from this media deception, OPPO BDP-103D is a Blu-ray DVD player and has a great revolutionary video processing. The possibilities are enormous and it will be hard not to find happiness with 3 memorized modes fully programmable, and all have three modes Darbee Virtual Presence individually adjustable with different actions and results, filter improvements details and widening contours, a filter to smooth video, noise reduction a little light, but this and other usual settings. This post-processing enables very thin or very powerful setting, it depends, and improves all kinds of videos very dramatically, whether SD videos, compressed, or even upscaled HD Ultra HD. In my tests UHD TV Samsung, Sony, and Philips, the OPPO BDP-103D gave me a great show! It clearly outperforms all other treatments tested video Ultra HD. However, upscaling UHD is slightly better achieved on the OPPO BDP-103EU and native decoding is cleaner thanks to an electronic a little more elaborate in terms of power to the main card, but the result is slightly bitten less than the BDP-103D default. Very, very few people will notice these differences in native decoding must admit.

It will Oppo also corrects some bugs met as variable audio / video lag in terms of the power of DVP treatment, some errors encountered Live video signal or RGB 16-235 mode, but obviously the OPPO BDP-103D is a great achievement that will fill a large number of demanding users looking for the ultimate picture quality and video processing very comprehensive! Pending the arrival of 4K Blu-ray players, it will be difficult to do better and more comprehensive level image processing and features!
Note the complaint from the author about various file format playback which MTK disallows, of course blame Oppo on that. Still here's a indepth review of a BDP-103D finally. smile.gif

Oppo Beta Group
post #638 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

After a few more days of use, I'm pretty sure there is an HDMI HDCP problem with my Oppo 103D.

At least once a day, I'll power on the Oppo and set it to the rear HDMI input, and the screen will give me a TiVo HDMI copy protection error. This happens even with the TiVo plugged directly in to the Oppo, which is then routed to my TV and Denon AVR.

Usually a reboot of the Oppo solves it, but occasionally I've been forced to completely unplug the Oppo and restart before it will make the HDMI handshake properly.

Also, at least 2-3 times a night, I'll change channels only to be greeted by a blank screen or colored static, which then requires a reboot of the Oppo to clear.
post #639 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 773
^ Give OPPO Tech Support a call and they can walk you through diagnosing this. If it's a hardware fault in your player, then of course that's covered by warranty.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #640 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

Test OPPO BDP-103D: The power of Darbee Virtual Presence associated with VRS Clear View! translated - hdfever.fr - Oct 19th, 2013 - Nicolas Bécuwe

Note the complaint from the author about various file format playback which MTK disallows, of course blame Oppo on that. Still here's a indepth review of a BDP-103D finally. smile.gif

He's performed a first-of-a-kind detailed technical review of the video performance of the player. Have never seen such review for an DVD/Bluray player.

A few things folks have to note based off this review:

1.   Do NOT use the RGB video or PC modes of the 103D player if you plan to use its HDMI Inputs(Front and Back). HDMI outputs are OK. Not sure why the HDMI input data is severely flawed since the same video chipsets in the player. All YCbCr modes are OK for all HDMI Inputs and Outputs. Kuro owners like me are out of luck here ...

2. Do NOT use Source-Direct video output mode since its gamma performance is really poor. The gamma plots show a variation from 3.0 to 0.0 from light intensities of 10 to100 IRE!!!  Its supposed to be constant at 2.2 from 10 -100IRE. All other video modes are fine. i.e. constant at 2.2 from 10 - 100 IRE.

The sad thing is that you spend mega-bucks to have your display professionally calibrated by an ISF-certified technician only to have the 103D in source-direct mode mess that up and produce an inaccurate picture for you:(.

I hope this is fixable the above two problems are fixable via a firmware update. Also, there's a little voice in my mind that is wondering how the regular 103/105 would perform. Maybe ignorance is bliss?

The reviewer also compared the same static image on the 103D and 105EU. To my eyes, the 105EU image was superior and more pleasing. Your eyes might tell you different though...

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #641 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

From the same review above ... a picture speaks a thousand words as they say....

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #642 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

FYI, I changed all my stuff over to the Monoprice Redmere, including the Directv cable into the 103D and the cable out to the AVR. Works without a hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu View Post

Thanks, that was the first thing I tried. The input is staying hot regardless, I've tried a number of "off" but "powered" hdmi inputs and they are all triggering an HDCP loop. If I disable HDMI Audio on the Oppo, that works fine for other sources but I have to manually turn it back on if I want to use the Oppo.

Resigned to using the HDMI switch ---> Oppo for now for my TiVo and Roku sources. CSR at Oppo emailed to say they were passing my request along to the engineers, to add a per-input option that would let me disable HDMI Audio for the Rear HDMI In only, instead of the global setting that it is now. Will see if that happens, but I'd be surprised and delighted if it did.

But now I'm seeing something odd.

When I change channels on the TiVo, occasionally the Oppo will completely freeze with colored static on the screen. Have to swap inputs on the 103D to get it to reset/clear. It's happened 3 times tonight. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

@nbuubu thanks much for your persistence and sharing of info and experience. Hopefully that latest issue with the TiVo can be solved. I wonder if it's the hdmi switch? Also, if you got a switch with more inputs I assume you could connect your game consoles? Or was there another limitation besides the lag?

Either way, have to ponder whether I can live with the limitations you've uncovered with your solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu View Post

After a few more days of use, I'm pretty sure there is an HDMI HDCP problem with my Oppo 103D.

At least once a day, I'll power on the Oppo and set it to the rear HDMI input, and the screen will give me a TiVo HDMI copy protection error. This happens even with the TiVo plugged directly in to the Oppo, which is then routed to my TV and Denon AVR.

Usually a reboot of the Oppo solves it, but occasionally I've been forced to completely unplug the Oppo and restart before it will make the HDMI handshake properly.

Also, at least 2-3 times a night, I'll change channels only to be greeted by a blank screen or colored static, which then requires a reboot of the Oppo to clear.

Thank God I'm not the only one having these problems. I thought I was doing something wrong when every time i'm flipping channels up and down on my tivo roamio's remote I lose all connection, This is on top of dealing with a colored static that invades my screen every so often. A reboot of the Oppo fixes it every time but this is a big problem. I have gone through various high speed hdmi cables to no avail.

I guess if it worked for Gadgetfreek I can try the monoprice redmere hdmi cables next.

Let's put this out in the open. There is something going on between the Oppo and Tivo dvrs losing connection when they're handshaking that requires the Oppo to be rebooted every time to fix it.
post #643 of 4614 Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 170
If you have not done so already, use the HDMI IN FRONT and not the HDMI IN REAR. HDMI IN FRONT seems to handshake better than the other HDMI input in some situations.

As for issues with the cable box causing no video or audio when you change channels, this is something that OPPO is aware of and continues to work on having this issue resolved through additional firmware releases.
post #644 of 4614 Old 10-21-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Thank God I'm not the only one having these problems. I thought I was doing something wrong when every time i'm flipping channels up and down on my tivo roamio's remote I lose all connection, This is on top of dealing with a colored static that invades my screen every so often. A reboot of the Oppo fixes it every time but this is a big problem. I have gone through various high speed hdmi cables to no avail.

I guess if it worked for Gadgetfreek I can try the monoprice redmere hdmi cables next.

Let's put this out in the open. There is something going on between the Oppo and Tivo dvrs losing connection when they're handshaking that requires the Oppo to be rebooted every time to fix it.

Just to clarify on mine, I only run the Directv Genie into the Oppo, Tivo goes into AVR.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio
post #645 of 4614 Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 125
]n other words, it's not "Source Direct"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

2. Do NOT use Source-Direct video output mode since its gamma performance is really poor. The gamma plots show a variation from 3.0 to 0.0 from light intensities of 10 to100 IRE!!!  Its supposed to be constant at 2.2 from 10 -100IRE. All other video modes are fine. i.e. constant at 2.2 from 10 - 100 IRE.

Noah
post #646 of 4614 Old 10-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

I've been in fairly regular contact with Oppo Tech Support (who even replied after hours on a Sunday, if you can believe it), and in my last exchange with them they said that the channel-switching-freeze problem is something they've been able to repeat and are already working on a firmware fix for it.

They also suggested that I switch to using the HDMI Front In to limit the handshake issues. Kinda ruins the aesthetics though. Hoping that the next firmware update solves that as well.
post #647 of 4614 Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

]n other words, it's not "Source Direct"...
Quote:

Not as direct as its supposed to be ... but the reviewer said the following when I asked if the current 103/105 have this problem.

"The BDP103/105 had a problem at first, but has since been corrected by OPPO. I think Oppo [will] also correct these concerns gamma and RGB 16-235 on the BDP-103D."

post #648 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Lets face it, the 103 had bugs on release, the 103D will have bugs. Granted the 103D is a lot smoother than the 103 launch.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio
post #649 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Not as direct as its supposed to be ... but the reviewer said the following when I asked if the current 103/105 have this problem.

"The BDP103/105 had a problem at first, but has since been corrected by OPPO. I think Oppo [will] also correct these concerns gamma and RGB 16-235 on the BDP-103D."

Thanks for clearing that up.
post #650 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 293
The present stand alone Darbeevision, the Darblet, will not handle or pass higher than 1080p 60. Ditto for what's inside the Oppo, the Darbeevision process is performed at 1080p or below and then the signal goes to the Silicon optics chip for upscaling to 4K if you wish. So don't think with the stand alone later you can use it to process 4K sources. We need a new Darbee for that. And the time for it is now.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #651 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Liked: 21
I picked up the 103D yesterday and watched Wings of Life with the wife - wow that is an incredible picture on my Pioneer PRO-101FD. We agreed that the Darbee set to High Def 40% was a nice sweet spot. I still have my BDP-83 for DVDs and backup purposes (just got the tray replaced recently for free)! I do appreciate the speed of the 103D, which is something I have been growing accustomed to when enjoying to the BDP-105 in the music room. I see that the Netflix movies have the SuperHD icon - does the BDP-103D truly support SuperHD playback at the same high bit-rate as my Roku? This is now my 6th Oppo purchase:

OPDV971H - my first upscaling DVD player (gave to my mom)
DV-981H - gift for my uncle when he bought his first plasma
DV-980H - bought it for use in my family room with the DVDO Edge - still works perfectly
BDP-83 - my first Blu-ray player (bought as part of the early adopter program)
BDP-105 - bought to power my home studio system
BDP-103D - totally unplanned impulse buy - damn it!

BONUS - I saw the new PM-1 orthodynamic headphones on the guy's desk and he let me look at the 'phones up close - they look very high quality and when I asked him how they compared to the Audeze LCD cans he said "maybe better..."

"glittering prizes and endless compromises..."

Sony Super Fine Pitch CRT for Sale

post #652 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, the BDP-103D will do SuperHD.
post #653 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Yes, the BDP-103D will do SuperHD.
how about Dolby Digital plus?
post #654 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 773
^ Yes, DD+ as well. Up to 5.1 on Netflix and 7.1 on VUDU.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #655 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This might sound a bit odd but does anyone know if you can pass PC signals through the 103D's hdmi input port?

* I wanna try running PC games through the unit and see how the darbee works on High Resolution game titles etc.

I assume it's not a real issue since the onboard chip also has a PC game function for this type of setup.
post #656 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatredaz View Post

This might sound a bit odd but does anyone know if you can pass PC signals through the 103D's hdmi input port?

* I wanna try running PC games through the unit and see how the darbee works on High Resolution game titles etc.

I assume it's not a real issue since the onboard chip also has a PC game function for this type of setup.
As long as you have your PC setup to output standard HDTV resolutions (720P, 1080P), it should work just fine. If you're using special PC resolutions such as 1920x1200, then no.
post #657 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
*Ya just 1080p> has anyone tested this type of setup with games?> Or is there someone who tested this online, I think I saw one article with games and the darblet.
post #658 of 4614 Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The problem is the player will add some amount of input/output latency. Depending on the game, this can be the difference between success and failure.
post #659 of 4614 Old 10-23-2013, 12:01 AM

Liked: 10
Hello to everyone !
I need your advice.
My electronics : VPR JVC DLA-HD550, SintoAmpli Pioneer SC-LX86, Tv LED Sony 46HX855 with 3D Xpand X104, BluRay player Sony BPD-S790
Now, it will be a good choice to change the BDP-S790 with the new Oppo 103D ?
There is a big difference in $$$ (in Italy 160 euro the Sony, 900 euro the Oppo) , it's worth it ?

Thanks
post #660 of 4614 Old 10-23-2013, 03:53 AM

I have a standalone unit Darbee DVP5000 and there are a lot of sync issues depending on your used equipment/cables.
So i don't recomend using it unless you can tryout if it works in your setup
lanping09 likes this.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page