Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 233 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post
That is pretty much what I figured. I too like the original 2-ch source, but it tends to lack a little in the low bass department for me. I have paradigm studio 100's v5, but they don't dig as deep as I'd like. Thanks.
Interesting. I have the 93, which doesn't have the Neo:6 processing, and what I've done is use a simple pair of RCA Y-adapters (one socket to two plugs) to feed the front left and right mains into both the multichannel input of my pre-HDMI AVR and also into the DVD stereo jacks. That way, when playing a stereo-only disk (or networked source), I can set the AVR's input selector to DVD and switch off the multichannel input, at which point I have all the AVR's processing options available.

"DTS Neo:6 Music" is my favorite surround matrixer and I use it when a stereo source has good phase-coherence. It's much less harsh sounding to me than Dolby ProLogic.

If that sounds muddy, I set the AVR to 6 Channel Stereo - which simply feeds the same signals to the surround pair as to the front speakers.

Either way, I have the advantage of the AVR's bass management.

I've reserved my AVR's two optical inputs for my high def cable box and my Amazon Fire TV. The Oppo's analog output circuitry is so good that it's my go-to source for the best sound.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com