Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 235 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7021 of 7599 Old 04-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 24
thank you all. was thinking that if i went through avr, i'd lose the darbee feature. i cant wait to get this connected

My theater build : Roll-In Reels Cinema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7022 of 7599 Old 04-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had my 103d to a yamaha 2040 to an LG 65UB9500 for about 3 months and I'm noticing an issue with 3d play back when I'm set to auto playback versus forced that is very similar to an issue I had with my 93 following one of the last fatal updates that machine received. There seems to be an extra frame or a skipped frame ever so often when you cut from one shot to another. After testing some streamed 3d content and another player it does seem to be inherent to the OPPO but interestingly enough when I change the player over to Forced the issue goes away?
post #7023 of 7599 Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post
Had my 103d to a yamaha 2040 to an LG 65UB9500 for about 3 months and I'm noticing an issue with 3d play back when I'm set to auto playback versus forced that is very similar to an issue I had with my 93 following one of the last fatal updates that machine received. There seems to be an extra frame or a skipped frame ever so often when you cut from one shot to another. After testing some streamed 3d content and another player it does seem to be inherent to the OPPO but interestingly enough when I change the player over to Forced the issue goes away?

This only affect 3D on Auto?

The proper setting for sharpness is always0.
Also my Oppo BDP-103D is region free.
That makes me awesome.
post #7024 of 7599 Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
This only affect 3D on Auto?
That is correct auto only.
post #7025 of 7599 Old 04-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
After hooking up my 103D and running it through it's paces on a 55" LG-LHX, I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed by the fabled Darbee tech. Doesn't seem to do much of anything that I can actually perceive. Maybe it will be better on the projector shining on a 120" screen. I tried it with BD's, DVD's, and homemade 480i video, same results.

What is it supposed to do? Maybe I just don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing...

archiguy,

I too am a new owner of Oppo 103D, and was somewhat disappointed, but following Bob Pariseau's great setup tip discovered that Darbee really does work. Following Bob's advice, I set my Darbee to HiDef=Level 35. I then proceeded to play BluRay of StarWars-Episode2, Attack of the Clones. About 47:50 into the movie Anikan and Senator Amidala were in a meadow with waterfall in the background. I clicked on the Darbee and selected split screen and...whoa! The difference in the grass details were like night and day. The darbee side resolved individual blades of grass, while the non-Darbee side displayed the grasses as a smoother blending. At 35 the effect is subtle on most objects, but Darbee does it's job when needed and does it well. Is it worth an extra $100 bucks? In my opinion, yes. This movie never looked better on Vizio 60" LCD.
Regards,
sgibson
Smarty-pants likes this.

Last edited by sgibson; 04-05-2015 at 06:08 PM.
post #7026 of 7599 Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by wmcclain 

It's gone.

-Bill

Interesting. Well, I signed up for the notification and will sell the 103 on ebay. Ive been happy with the 103 but it seems so far this move on the 103D is in the right direction, as long as they can keep mediatek/VRS in line.

Ill be interested as people can comment more on the processing changes.
I just received my 103d, switching over from bdp-93. Will the upconversion of DVD's be comparable to the 93, and should the Darbee be left on or off for this upconversion to take effect ?

Mark C.
post #7027 of 7599 Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapesaudio View Post
I just received my 103d, switching over from bdp-93. Will the upconversion of DVD's be comparable to the 93
As good or better.

Quote:
, and should the Darbee be left on or off for this upconversion to take effect ?
They are independent factors. Upconversion for DVD happens whenever the output resolution is something other than Source Direct or 480i/p.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #7028 of 7599 Old 04-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
As good or better.

They are independent factors. Upconversion for DVD happens whenever the output resolution is something other than Source Direct or 480i/p.

-Bill
Thank You.

Mark C.
post #7029 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I know this question has been answered countless times, so I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a bit of advice for setting the 103D up to my system. Here's what I have:

BenQ w10170 projector
Pioneer Elite VSX-52 AVR
PS3
PS4
Chromecast
Sonos Control hooked up to turntable & AVR
Xfinity X1 Cable box
Sony 3d Blu ray player (will likely be removed from system)

I know the 103d has one HDMI input and 2 HDMI outputs and that HDMI 1 has the processing applied thereto. I want to know what the best way to get all of these devices processed with the Oppo's HDMI1 processing. I'm guessing that for this part of the equation, I would simply run everything into the AVR, output the AVR to the HDMI in of the Oppo, then HDMI1 of the Oppo to the PJ. Is this correct?

The second part is what's confusing me a bit. Say I want to watch a blu ray using the Oppo. How exactly would I get the audio from the oppo to the AVR, which provides sound to the speakers? Would I need to run HDMI 2 from the oppo to the AVR and then set the AVR to this hdmi output and basically shoot it back to the oppo? I know with newer hdmi cables, they may be able to be used bidirectionally, so is there an option of some sort to transmit audio from the oppo's hdmi input back to the AVR?

Also, I'm only using HDMI to provide audio for everything (with the exception of my sonos which uses analog cables obviously). Not sure if this changes anything.

Thanks!
post #7030 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Oppo sound connection

There are several ways to accomplish what you want. Before I go into that at length does your Ben Q have an audio return channel? The best way to determine that is to look in your documentation. If so and there is more than one HDMI input that is the one you would use for the audio return connection.

Also simpler but not as elegant is to use the 2nd HDMI output from the Oppo and run it to your receiver. As I am sure you are aware from reading the documentation the Oppo's processing of video is only active on output 1 which of course you would want to go to your video device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post
I know this question has been answered countless times, so I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a bit of advice for setting the 103D up to my system. Here's what I have:

BenQ w10170 projector
Pioneer Elite VSX-52 AVR
PS3
PS4
Chromecast
Xfinity X1 Cable box

I know the 103d has one HDMI input and 2 HDMI outputs and that HDMI 1 has the processing applied thereto. I want to know what the best way to get all of these devices processed with the Oppo's HDMI1 processing. I'm guessing that for this part of the equation, I would simply run everything into the AVR, output the AVR to the HDMI in of the Oppo, then HDMI1 of the Oppo to the PJ. Is this correct?

The second part is what's confusing me a bit. Say I want to watch a blu ray using the Oppo. How exactly would I get the audio from the oppo to the AVR, which provides sound to the speakers? Would I need to run HDMI 2 from the oppo to the AVR and then set the AVR to this hdmi output and basically shoot it back to the oppo? I know with newer hdmi cables, they may be able to be used bidirectionally, so is there an option of some sort to transmit audio from the oppo's hdmi input back to the AVR?

Also, I'm only using HDMI to provide audio for everything (with the exception of my sonos which uses analog cables obviously). Not sure if this changes anything.

Thanks!
post #7031 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriah View Post
There are several ways to accomplish what you want. Before I go into that at length does your Ben Q have an audio return channel? The best way to determine that is to look in your documentation. If so and there is more than one HDMI input that is the one you would use for the audio return connection.

Also simpler but not as elegant is to use the 2nd HDMI output from the Oppo and run it to your receiver. As I am sure you are aware from reading the documentation the Oppo's processing of video is only active on output 1 which of course you would want to go to your video device.
I do not believe the BenQ w1070 has ARC. So I would need to run the HDMI2 of the Oppo back to the receiver and somehow designate that hdmi1 is for video and hdmi2 is for audio?
post #7032 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
I do not believe the BenQ w1070 has ARC. So I would need to run the HDMI2 of the Oppo back to the receiver and somehow designate that hdmi1 is for video and hdmi2 is for audio?
I run a single HDMI cable from HDMI1 to my VSX-33. Output from that to the display, shut off video processing in the VSX-33, so the Oppo's processing of the input signal is left alone. All audio processing comes from that connection - much simpler to deal with.

It works very well for me, but I use only one 103D HDMI input for my cable box, no game boxes. Remember that the 103D has two HDMI inputs, one in the front and one in the back.

Another thing to consider is that the 103D may insert some delays for your gaming boxes. If you're not doing twitch (shooters) gaming, that may not be an issue, but if you are, you may want those directly to the AVR.

If you do want to route all devices through, there has been discussion here of an HDMI input switch that would accommodate all your devices.
post #7033 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Oppo projector sound issue

Quote:
You should not have to designate which Oppo output is for sound or video. Simply run out for one to your project or and output 2 to your receiver. Sometimes this may cause audio synchronization issues but then again that is some time. Does your projector have any sorts of audio outputs that you might be able to use in case of synchronization issues.

Prior to discovering which input on my Samsung plasma had ARC I used the method as described without problem. Since it is simple I would just give it a try
post #7034 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:

BenQ w10170 projector
Pioneer Elite VSX-52 AVR
PS3
PS4
Chromecast
Xfinity X1 Cable box

Thanks!
Yikes, there's a lot of bad info in the replies that followed your post.

First of all, Audio Return Channel (ARC) on your projector is completely irrelevant in this case given that your goal is to get audio from the Oppo to your AVR not from the projector to the Oppo or AVR.

Second, when using both outputs on the Oppo, it IS important which gets used for video and which gets used for audio. When using both, HDMI1 should be used for video and HDMI2 should be used for audio.

Now in your case, you want to be able to use the Oppo's video processing for all sources AND you want to send audio from the Oppo to your AVR. The problem with the way you're proposing to hook things up is that you'll end up with a HDMI loop (AVR HDMI output to Oppo HDMI input and Oppo HDMI output to AVR HDMI input), which might cause HDMI handshake issues if your AVR keeps all HDMI inputs active all the time. Some people have had success getting such a setup to work, while most have run into problems. Unless you find someone else with your AVR who has tried this, you really won't know until you try it.

If the above doesn't work, there are a couple of options that you can go with:

Option 1: Get a HDMI switch that has enough inputs for all of your source devices and connect it to the Oppo's rear HDMI input. Then connect the Oppo's HDMI1 output to your AVR and the AVR's HDMI output to your projector's HDMI input. You'll need to select the input the Oppo is connected to on your AVR for all sources. When you want to watch one of the devices connected to the Oppo's HDMI input, select that input on the Oppo and then use the remote for the HDMI swich to select the appropriate source device. This should work, but will not allow you to configure your AVR differently for the various source devices (this may or may not be a problem).

Option 2: Get 2 simple 2 input HDMI switches (make sure they don't have auto switching and/or preview features). Switch #1 will go between the AVR's HDMI output and the Oppo's rear HDMI input. Switch #2 will go between the Oppo's HDMI2 output and the input it is connected to on the AVR. When you want to watch something being played on the Oppo, flip switch #1 to the unused input and flip switch #2 to the input that the Oppo's HDMI2 output is connected to. When you want to watch something from another source on your AVR, flip switch #1 to the input the AVR's HDMI output is connected to and flip switch #2 to the unused input. In both cases, make sure you select the appropriate input on the Oppo itself. This should also work, as it will break the HDMI loop, but will result in a bit of a mess of extra cabling and boxes and will be clumsy to use unless you can setup a programmable remote to handle all the switching. Note that you might be able to get away with only switch #1 or switch #2 , but using both should increase the odds of success. Also note that if you get identical switches and use HDMI input #1 on one and HDMI input #2 on the other, you can use a single remote command to flip them back and forth between the 2 modes.
post #7035 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I figured what I wanted to do would be a bit messy, and it looks like my suspicions were confirmed...
post #7036 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 52
It is a really good dvd player , have fun.

Of course the sad part is as of the 9th it will obsolete !

Alright , not really , but now that all 6 Star Wars movies are going to be on just about every cloud in the galaxy , whats next ?

The good thing about the 103D , it makes your SD look good

Later , I have a cloud to catch !!! LOL

Gary 
post #7037 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapesaudio View Post
I just received my 103d, switching over from bdp-93. Will the upconversion of DVD's be comparable to the 93, and should the Darbee be left on or off for this upconversion to take effect ?
As mentioned up conversion and Darbee are handled separately.
Personally for DVD content I use "full pop" mode at maybe 50-70%, I think it works pretty well.
post #7038 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 07:18 PM

Oppo – projector – receiver sound issue

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses. I figured what I wanted to do would be a bit messy, and it looks like my suspicions were confirmed...

I am still of the opinion that there may be simpler ways to accomplish what you want. In my case I have 5 devices all HDMI going into a Yamaha aventage 3020. For video I use a Samsung PD 8500. When I was 1st putting the equipment together I had difficulties in finding out what input on the Samsung had audio return the manual did not state nor was Yamaha technical support able to tell me. Since the Samsung has an optical output and the Yamaha has an optical input my 1st solution was to run a optical cable between the 2. Note, if you use an optical cable please be sure that the core conductor is a glass rather than the plastic that is commonly used. The reason is simple glass is a much better conductor of light and will allow you to run longer distances and also to retain full Dolby 5.1. Since I have 9.2 system I was not satisfied with his solution. I then tried using the Oppo's output to to run to the Yamaha. I would occasionally have handshake problems but not that frequently. I therefore was still dissatisfied. I called Oppo technical support and we wound up in a three-way call with Samsung technical support. Eventually the Samsung Tech was able to determine that on the PD 8500 HDMI 3 had audio return and this solved my problem. All 5 devices work the audio/video runs from the Yamaha to the Oppo out of HDMI 1 to the Samsung and audio from the Samsung back into the Oppo and back into the Yamaha over the same cables (bidirectional).

It is my understanding that your primary objective is to have your receiver obtain the Audio coming out of the Oppo. Before going through a large number of hoops and over hurdles I would suggest that you look at the audio outputs of your video device. Since you do not have an audio return which would return the audio from your video device to the Oppo and then to your receiver you may be able to obtain your audio from your video device in another manner. The simplest solution would be if your audio device has an optical out and your receiver, most do, and optical input. That way you would be able to feed Dolby 5.1 sound to your receiver. This would avoid any HDMI handshake issues. The same would work if both devices had digital coaxial connections. Out of curiosity what type of audio outputs does your video device have?

Last edited by uriah; 04-07-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: used video several places I shoud have used audio
post #7039 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post
It is a really good dvd player , have fun.

Of course the sad part is as of the 9th it will obsolete !

Alright , not really , but now that all 6 Star Wars movies are going to be on just about every cloud in the galaxy , whats next ?

The good thing about the 103D , it makes your SD look good

Later , I have a cloud to catch !!! LOL

Gary 
What do you mean by as of the 9th it will be obsolete? What will be obsolete?
post #7040 of 7599 Old 04-07-2015, 08:58 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
I am still of the opinion that there may be simpler ways to accomplish what you want. In my case I have 5 devices all HDMI going into a Yamaha aventage 3020. For video I use a Samsung PD 8500. When I was 1st putting the equipment together I had difficulties in finding out what input on the Samsung had audio return the manual did not state nor was Yamaha technical support able to tell me. Since the Samsung has an optical output and the Yamaha has an optical input my 1st solution was to run a optical cable between the 2. Note, if you use an optical cable please be sure that the core conductor is a glass rather than the plastic that is commonly used. The reason is simple glass is a much better conductor of light and will allow you to run longer distances and also to retain full Dolby 5.1. Since I have 9.2 system I was not satisfied with his solution. I then tried using the Oppo's output to to run to the Yamaha. I would occasionally have handshake problems but not that frequently. I therefore was still dissatisfied. I called Oppo technical support and we wound up in a three-way call with Samsung technical support. Eventually the Samsung Tech was able to determine that on the PD 8500 HDMI 3 had audio return and this solved my problem. All 5 devices work the audio/video runs from the Yamaha to the Oppo out of HDMI 1 to the Samsung and audio from the Samsung back into the Oppo and back into the Yamaha over the same cables (bidirectional).

It is my understanding that your primary objective is to have your receiver obtain the Audio coming out of the Oppo. Before going through a large number of hoops and over hurdles I would suggest that you look at the audio outputs of your video device. Since you do not have an audio return which would return the audio from your video device to the Oppo and then to your receiver you may be able to obtain your audio from your video device in another manner. The simplest solution would be if your audio device has an optical out and your receiver, most do, and optical input. That way you would be able to feed Dolby 5.1 sound to your receiver. This would avoid any HDMI handshake issues. The same would work if both devices had digital coaxial connections. Out of curiosity what type of audio outputs does your video device have?
Even if audio return from his display would theoretically work to get audio back to his AVR, there would be no high-res audio available, so no Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio, because ARC doesn't support these formats nor does SPDIF (whether it be coax or optical). I suspect most people would consider this a showstopper for watching Blurays.
rlb and raif71 like this.
post #7041 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
What do you mean by as of the 9th it will be obsolete? What will be obsolete?
Hi ,

Just that most video cloud services are getting all the "Star Wars" movies starting 4/10/15

Meant as a joke , really , I know my first BluRay purchase was the Star Wars box set !!

The 103D , is still good !!

Later

G. 

PS:

FYI or FWIW , VUDU has the best deal on the Star Wars package 10 less or equal + extras.
Amazon ( same $ ) and M-Go ( 100 ) no extras , still only DD5.1 , NOT DTS 5.1 or even 7.1 , of course not even the discs are 7.1 ( Atom ).
post #7042 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Ok, I'm now a little confused, and my question may be slightly different, basically I have 2 sources I want to run through the 103d to take advantage of its up conversion and the Darbee, I don't need to worry about ARC at all.
So of course I could use an HDMI splitter into the HDMI in and all is good, but one of my sources does not have HDMI, so I'll also have to use a converter box.
Since my AVR actually does all the connections and converting to HDMI I was hoping to simplify things by going from AVR -to- Oppo -to- PJ (using HDMI 1 out) and using HDMI 2 out, to run to the AVR for audio only for direct content from the 103 (DVD / BR / Netflix / Media Hub Files), or does HDMI Out 2 not support PCM audio?

Hope I explained that right.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Last edited by ALtlOff; 04-08-2015 at 06:12 AM.
post #7043 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 07:02 AM

I feel like the fact that my projector does or does not have ARC isn't relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish. What I want to accomplish is twofold: 1) to have all of my inputs (cable box, ps4, etc) to be able to processed through the the HDMI1 on the oppo so as to make use of its video processing capabilities, and 2) to be able to use the oppo for movies while using the receiver for sound.

My receiver presently outputs my speaker setup, and my current blu ray player (one of the "angular" Sony 3d players costing approx. $100) feeds into the receiver as well as an input. With the Oppo, I obviously could simply replace the old blu ray player with the new one, but I wouldn't be able to have all of my inputs benefit from the video processing. I hope what I'm trying to accomplish is clear. I don't really want to connect a HDMI switch to all of my inputs and output that to the oppo, and it seems that if I made a loop of HDMI cables to and from the receiver, I'd have problems.
post #7044 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Ok, I'm now a little confused, and my question may be slightly different, basically I have 2 sources I want to run through the 103d to take advantage of its up conversion and the Darbee, I don't need to worry about ARC at all.
So of course I could use an HDMI splitter into the HDMI in and all is good, but one of my sources does not have HDMI, so I'll also have to use a converter box.
Since my AVR actually does all the connections and converting to HDMI I was hoping to simplify things by going from AVR -to- Oppo -to- PJ (using HDMI 1 out) and using HDMI 2 out, to run to the AVR for audio only for direct content from the 103 (DVD / BR / Netflix / Media Hub Files), or does HDMI Out 2 not support PCM audio?

I feel we have the same question but I have a few more components. Hopefully we can find a solution!
post #7045 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
I feel we have the same question but I have a few more components. Hopefully we can find a solution!
Yup, now where's the "Fingers Crossed" smiley....

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
post #7046 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 07:58 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
I feel like the fact that my projector does or does not have ARC isn't relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish.
You are correct. Bringing up the possibility of using ARC is just confusing things and won't work because audio would be returned from the projector to the Oppo, not to the AVR. Even if ARC could work in this scenario, the audio capabilities would be severely limited.

Quote:
What I want to accomplish is twofold: 1) to have all of my inputs (cable box, ps4, etc) to be able to processed through the the HDMI1 on the oppo so as to make use of its video processing capabilities, and 2) to be able to use the oppo for movies while using the receiver for sound.

My receiver presently outputs my speaker setup, and my current blu ray player (one of the "angular" Sony 3d players costing approx. $100) feeds into the receiver as well as an input. With the Oppo, I obviously could simply replace the old blu ray player with the new one, but I wouldn't be able to have all of my inputs benefit from the video processing. I hope what I'm trying to accomplish is clear. I don't really want to connect a HDMI switch to all of my inputs and output that to the oppo, and it seems that if I made a loop of HDMI cables to and from the receiver, I'd have problems.
If you don't want to hook all of your devices up to a HDMI switch into the Oppo and then send the Oppo's HDMI output to your AVR, then you're left with 2 options that may work:

1) Try the cabling scenario (AVR HDMI out to Oppo HDMI in, Oppo HDMI2 out to AVR HDMI in, and Oppo HDMI1 out to projector) that might give you HDMI loop problems. If it works, then you're all set.

2) If option 1 doesn't work, use the configuration I described in a previous post yesterday to use 1 or 2 simple HDMI switches to break the HDMI loop.

If none of the above works for you, then there isn't a way to use the Oppo to process video from all of your sources.
post #7047 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

My answer to jch1 applies the same to your question.
post #7048 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
You are correct. Bringing up the possibility of using ARC is just confusing things and won't work because audio would be returned from the projector to the Oppo, not to the AVR. Even if ARC could work in this scenario, the audio capabilities would be severely limited.

If you don't want to hook all of your devices up to a HDMI switch into the Oppo and then send the Oppo's HDMI output to your AVR, then you're left with 2 options that may work:

1) Try the cabling scenario (AVR HDMI out to Oppo HDMI in, Oppo HDMI2 out to AVR HDMI in, and Oppo HDMI1 out to projector) that might give you HDMI loop problems. If it works, then you're all set.

2) If option 1 doesn't work, use the configuration I described in a previous post yesterday to use 1 or 2 simple HDMI switches to break the HDMI loop.

If none of the above works for you, then there isn't a way to use the Oppo to process video from all of your sources.
Thanks a bunch. This should be fun to figure out what works.
post #7049 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 11:03 AM

audio oppo projector problem

Quote:

Optical cable would work as a temporary solution prior to buying all the other gear. I did research arc and in fact it does not work with the higher quality audio . You might consider calling 1-650-961-1118 which is Oppo's live person support and see if they can give you a simpler solution. They told me to simply take the HDMI cable cable from Oppo out one and to Yamaha 2030 which I did and now to watch blue ray I simply switch the Yamaha to input 6 and I get audio from my Oppo playing blue ray from the Oppo. I have switched the system on and off several times and all devices work without issue.

On your equipment you may not get the same results.

Last edited by uriah; 04-08-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: contatct with Oppo support and additional info
post #7050 of 7599 Old 04-08-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Right now I own a dinosaur , Yammy - DSP-A1G , but when the time comes to look for a new amp/receiver , I must have a sufficient number of non HDMI digital audio connectors.

Need to have alternatives !

Later

Me 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page