Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 240 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #7171 of 7177 Unread Today, 03:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by uriah View Post
I think I am just thoroughly confused about getting sound from the OPPO back to my receiver while still having all the devices attached to my receiver benefit from the Darby in the OPPO. I could care less about the sound to the Samsung PD 8500 plasma as I don't use it speakers or if for some reason it was necessary could use an optical cable or analog stereo pair. So what is the simplest way for me to attach all my devices to my receiver "Yamaha 2030" so that the OPPO's Darby can enhance the picture and also get the best quality sound from my receiver. If I decided to go old school and use the analog outs from the OPPO to the analog inputs of the Omaha what if anything would I lose in the way of sound quality?

Simplest way? I use HDMI all the way through, connect my cable box to the 103D's HDMI1 input, 103D's HDMI1 (Darbee) output to the bluray input on my receiver (Pioneer Elite VSX33).

HDMI output from the AVR to my display. I shut off the display speakers, since I always use the AVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7172 of 7177 Unread Today, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
is it worth buying the oppo now or is it best just to wait for a 4k player ? i have a samsung 4k tv
post #7173 of 7177 Unread Today, 05:12 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Newb View Post
is it worth buying the oppo now or is it best just to wait for a 4k player ? i have a samsung 4k tv
That's a decision only you can make. An Oppo 4K player seems to be 18-24 months out, based on feedback from Oppo. A 4K player from any company is probably at least 8-12 months out. There's currently pretty much zero 4K content available, other than via dedicated video servers like Sony includes with some of their TV's and it will take some time for titles to come out after the first round of 4K players starts showing up. Oppo's tend to hold their values pretty well, so buying an Oppo now probably wouldn't mean losing too much money when you decide to replace it with a new player.
post #7174 of 7177 Unread Today, 05:14 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
It is hard for any of us to advise you. Do you have a Blu-ray player now and are you unhappy with it? How long are you willing to wait for a new player?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #7175 of 7177 Unread Today, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
It is hard for any of us to advise you. Do you have a Blu-ray player now and are you unhappy with it? How long are you willing to wait for a new player?

-Bill
I just currently use my xbox one and stream movies with netflix.
post #7176 of 7177 Unread Today, 05:41 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
I just currently use my xbox one and stream movies with netflix.
Why do you want a new player? How are your needs not being met?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #7177 of 7177 Unread Today, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Why do you want a new player? How are your needs not being met?

-Bill

My needs are met but i just thought that a dedicated player may be better.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page