Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 529Likes
post #8731 of 8736 Old 07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHouck View Post
Is there a region free hack for the Oppo103D? I recall doing something pretty simple to make an older OPPO region 3.

If this is answered somewhere in here I'd appreciate a link.
I suggest you have a look at wmcclain's Unofficial OPPO BDP-103 Frequently Asked Questions

EDIT: The man himself has beaten me to it

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 8736 Old 07-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Please excuse me if this has been answered before.
I wish to use a HDMI splitter coming from my Dish hopper, with one hdmi going directly to my TV and the second HDMI to the 'HDMI IN' on the 103D.
I see a number of options for splitters. Some powered, some just simple cable adapters with male HDMI in and two female HDMI connections out.
When watching regular TV--news, etc.-- I would like to bypass the Oppo. When watching HBO movies, sports, etc. I would like to be able to use the 103D's 4K conversion and Darbee to my new 4K OLED.

First, is this possible?
If so, what type of splitter should I use??

Thanks,
Tom

"When all else fails, read the manual."
post #8733 of 8736 Old 07-19-2016, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Get an active switcher that has a power supply and external remote. A cable splitter may induce HDCP and other errors, so they will likely not work reliably for a device that will have HDCP enabled for premium content.
post #8734 of 8736 Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2319 Post(s)
Liked: 1615
I have a question and not sure how to set my player. I have a few 4K mastered blu ray movies. They are using expanded color. On the case it says *Expanded color requires xvYCC compatible TV and Blu Ray player" Does that mean I should set the 103D to 30 or 36 bit deep color?

LG 65EF9500
LG 65E6P
post #8735 of 8736 Old Today, 04:30 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I have a question and not sure how to set my player. I have a few 4K mastered blu ray movies. They are using expanded color. On the case it says *Expanded color requires xvYCC compatible TV and Blu Ray player" Does that mean I should set the 103D to 30 or 36 bit deep color?
No, those are separate issues:

• Mastered in 4k is just a standard Blu-ray, has been happening for years
  • xvYCC is a Sony feature, a temporary stopgap before the new color space on UHD discs; OPPO doesn't support it
  • Deep color means interpolating from 8 bits to a wider value; it depends on what the display likes and is probably of limited use

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #8736 of 8736 Unread Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Get an active switcher that has a power supply and external remote. A cable splitter may induce HDCP and other errors, so they will likely not work reliably for a device that will have HDCP enabled for premium content.
Or if the hopper has component, use that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread